Nintendo DS: Phenomenal Success In Oz + Black DSL Launch

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rocco

Nintendo DS: Phenomenal Success In Oz + Black DSL Launch

Post by Rocco »

(Australia, Melbourne, August 31st 2006) Australia's highest selling gaming console, the Nintendo DS Lite, is about to get a boost with the arrival of a new colour...Black!

Retailing for SRP$199.95, the Black version will join the existing Polar White unit on Thursday, September 21st, 2006.

"We are very pleased to introduce Black to the range. I think the colour lends well to the overall design and offers a sharp elegance to the unit. Until now, consumers have really embraced the clean sophistication of the Polar White look - now they have an option", says Rose Lappin, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Nintendo DS Lite, along with new releases New SUPER MARIO BROS. and Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?, continue to sell well. This will receive an extra boost when Pokémon fans join forces for the release of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for Nintendo DS, due September 28th. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team will also be available for Game Boy Advance.

Nintendo DS Lite originally launched on June 1st 2006. It features brighter screens, is approximately two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and about 20 percent lighter, all the while maintaining all of the original Nintendo DS features, as well as screen size. Since February 2005 the Nintendo DS, along with the new Lite version, remains the highest selling handheld console in Australia, with an Australian installed base in excess of 300,000 units.

+

Offical Australian Portable Hardware Sales From Launch To 31st July 2006 - DS With A 105,000 Unit Lead Over PSP

Game Boy Advance ............. 857,000
Nintendo DS ...................... 286,000
Playstation Portable ............ 181,000

Source: The Australian IT Today August 22 2006
Last edited by Rocco on 31 Aug 2006 06:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SythBlade
i just want to be accepted

Post by SythBlade »

where are the facts and figures. (I'm new to this. is that right? or do i tell him off :()
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

http://www.sugardvd.com/browse/dvdrenta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... gue_4.html
Pat

Post by Pat »

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE ROCCO! :D

And the headline is patently wrong. Those sales figures are from February this year, not since launch. :fight
friick

Post by friick »

Highest sellling?
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

What garbage.
Pat

Post by Pat »

My thread has more validity.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Apparently by “Australia’s highest selling gaming console”, they mean as of this year.

Thread Title Changed! - :up:
friick

Post by friick »

Lame.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

rocco this is a press release
so fucking what
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Uh...black DSL launch date & price for Australia? :?
Pat

Post by Pat »

199? Who would have guessed! :P
kwijibo

Post by kwijibo »

Damnit, I knew I should have waited! Stupid stylish white :(
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

THE BLACK DS WILL BE MINE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Black sure is sexxxy...

mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

This sucks. I love the look of the Black DSL and really want to buy one.

But i don't want to increase the amount of consoles sold and in turn be partly responsible for the next thread Rocco starts.

Hmmmm.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Rocco wrote:Apparently by “Australia’s highest selling gaming console”, they mean as of this year.
No actually they mean "highest selling Nintendo console".
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Rocco can you find a press release outlining how I can get my white DSL with cracked hinge replaced under the Nintendo Seal of Qualerty?

I'm thinking I'll be hassling them about it once the Black is on the the shelves locally.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rocco can I order a DS wifi adaptor through you? I presume you're located in the Nintendo office in Sydney? I have your details if so.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Candy Arse wrote:Rocco can I order a DS wifi adaptor through you? I presume you're located in the Nintendo office in Sydney? I have your details if so.
Nintendo's Australian offices are located in Melbourne so your details are incorrect :lol:

To order a wifi adaptor (SRP $49.95), please call +61 3 9730 9822 during business hours or for more immediate information, log on to http://www.nintendowifi.com.au.

:wink:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

Excellent. I do know the address of the Melbourne office. It's on a road named after me.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

In other news: Tenchu bites donkey balls.

It's almost as bad as King Kong!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Candy Arse wrote::lol:

Excellent. I do know the address of the Melbourne office. It's on a road named after me.
"Biased EA Fanboy Road"?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Right on the "Road" part!
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Man ... now even more I'm pretty tempted to get on board the DSL bangwagon, with a black DSL to match my PSP.

... and with the extensive Canadian software library, it'll surely be a wise investment.