Games Ranch SSF2THD Tournament 1.0 - A WINNER IS PARIAH

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

chun strike :zzz:

also you guys should be playing 3s on ggpo not the shitty sfac port..and yes its shitty speed wise and netcode wise...

ggpo > hdr > chun strike
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

grey: wont be able to play tonight, but the rest of the weekend should be fine.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Pariah wrote:chun strike :zzz:

also you guys should be playing 3s on ggpo not the shitty sfac port..and yes its shitty speed wise and netcode wise...

ggpo > hdr > chun strike
shitty port what?!?!?! i used to play candy and muzza all the time on live and there was no lag what so ever, i just think it was ya shitty ISP :P
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Had no problems with lag on Third Strike over XBL. Plenty of great matches!

Haven't played enough of TS over ggpo to compare it to live, although the few matches I have played has been smooth.

Lost my copy of SFAC eons ago, so if anyone wants a hit up on TS over ggpo, give me a buzz!
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

cloud wrote:
Pariah wrote:chun strike :zzz:

ggpo > hdr > chun strike
shitty port what?!?!?! i used to play candy and muzza all the time on live and there was no lag what so ever, i just think it was ya shitty ISP :P
??? internodes the best gaming isp in australia...

also go play on ggpo...the netcode destroys the netcode in sfac there is a reason capcom has gotten the rights to use the tech in future games

and yes the port was not arcade perfect..its faster than the arcade version and the hit boxes were not 100% perfect..thats why a lot of the 3s heads hated playing on the consoles at evo because they were so use to the arcade game
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

almost forgot about slowdown in 3s sfac on 360 b.c when you super jump.. :lol: fatghost on oa always use to complain about that in b.c threads..

one thing though if youve got a real shitty pc third strike does not run so well when playing over ggpo...though most pcs should be able to handle it fine..a lot of the high level players fucking love playing it on ggpo because its the most lag free along with 2df..

sure sfac was cool for the time...but boys the tech has advanced..and thank god it has 8)

now...i just need marvel 2 and cvs2 on ggpo and ill be set.. :P along with sfiv lets not forget..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the golden era of fighting games is returning can you feel it???

hey sandy fire up the footage of sfiv i need to beat off

Ekin

Post by Ekin »

GGPO is great when it works. So annoying spamming the challenger button to open 4 games in hopes one of them will connect. Other times its flawless.

I have to say whatever the netcode capcom is using for HDR is not too bad. Im playing on capped adsl (probably 64k capped) and im playing people from the US with no complaints. 300-400 ping games seem to run fine.

Now if they could fix the Vega desync issue that would be great!

Let me know if i lag or something, i've been playing with a mate from melbourne and he says its fine.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

it only does that because the server is flooded with people from china playing kof...

before kof dropped back in the day...ggpo was the motherfucking shit back in the a2 only days it was an art work nothing nothing could touch its beauty...not to mention it kept every single game you played as a replay file on the ggpo site

ponder is still working on the next version ive talked to him...next one will use upnp so people needing to port forward will be a thing of the past...plus it should help server load with tweaks to other parts of the code..

now its super popular...but its still the best netcode along with 2df..

GOT MY NEW ADSL MODEM...

its a Dynalink RTA1025W it uses the broadcom BCM6348 chipset...fucking awesome..

comparing to the billion 7402...

my download speed increased by 2mb and my pings are lower too... :up:

$109 well spent...
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

Ah interesting. I visit various forums trying to find out the problem is with ggpo and no one knows anything besides the usual "server is overloaded".

So has anyone received hate mail yet? I think its some sort of measure of how good you are lol. I havent recieved any yet and most players are polite.

I had some guy say on the mic "fucking Vega piece of shit, this is bullshit!" lol. Thanks to HDR my rep looks something like 50% unsporting and 50% left early (desync bug). Will probably start tick throwing more and see what kind of mail i get. People hate that lol
Last edited by Ekin on 23 Jan 2009 05:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Where did ya pick that up from Pariah?
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

Ah interesting. I visit various forums trying to find out the problem is with ggpo and no one knows anything besides the usual "server is overloaded".

So has anyone received hate mail yet? I think its some sort of measure of how good you are lol. I havent recieved any yet and most players are polite.

I had some guy say on the mic "fucking Vega piece of shit, this is bullshit!" lol. Thanks to HDR my rep looks something like 50% unsporting and 50% left early (desync bug). Will probably start tick throwing more and see what kind of mail i get. People hate that lol
well 99% of the time it really is the server being overloaded...other times its one person not forwarding his ports right..

fuck rep son...im under 50% rep and ive been playing on 360 live since launch...use to get tons of hate on hyper fighting...and on this i dont play ranked..i see no need...but even in player games when i own the fuck out of people they drop or start screaming into the mic :lol: no lie...

though on the ps3 i never once get any angry message...gamers just seem more mature on the psn...plus rep on the 360 promotes abuse and other bullcrap...

so smart of ms to add a stupid fucking rep system lol
cloud wrote:Where did ya pick that up from Pariah?
umart.com.au :) the modem is great if youre really far away from the exchange...like i am at the new place
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Might pick one of those babys up!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Seriously Pilon, pick a day and time, I will move things around.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

just got done with an epic set with ekin on hd remix...

ended up being 29-29 fucking sleepy as fuck now lol..

ggs as always ekin :xbomb:
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

GG man, thumb sore, 360 dpad truly is a piece of shit.

Wanted many times to experiment with Vega's walldive fake, especially against Guile's new ridiculous flash kick. But i dont wnat to use it because it seems to be one of the causes of the desync bug. From tests that i've done i think that might be true.

Was funny at the start with that random guy in our room. Basically us two taking turns beating the shit out of him.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

ggs again guys wanted to play longer but i got some work to finish up..noticed dan wiki were on wonder if dan knows he knows me off ggpo :rollin: tried to add him to me friends list and he is full lol

also was going to invite the o.gief beast himself 002 but looks like it was his wife playing on the box not him..

also i found this thread on srk about the vega dysnc issue...

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=173571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

like you said its the fake walldive that triggers it or start button colour.. :\ how the fuck could they let a bugs like this slip..

also this new modem is fucking great im loving it live is much better...that is till random yanks enter our rooms lol..

also everyone please get your games in... :up:
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

GG all.

Oh yeah 002's geif is pretty awesome. I play him on ggpo a lot and best i can do is get him in the corner and shred him with mp and psychic RH/slides. Pretty much the only strat vs geif for Vega. Maybe walldive a bit but it feels kind of off in HDR and im not talking about the knockdown nerf. Maybe its drawn smaller i dunno. Otherwise i would walldive and catch him on the tip of my claw.

Yeah its definitely the fake dive that causes the desync or one of them. I fake dived once in our games and got it straight away.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep I've received a good slice of hate mail. My response is usually to use the win quote of the character I used against them.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

GreyWizzard wrote:Seriously Pilon, pick a day and time, I will move things around.
anytime today - send me a msg, ill have my 360 on
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

Grey vs Pilon
Kabal vs lestat

DJbigK vs Mr Bruce Cambell's awesome chin
kaji vs madmya

list of people that need to get their games in or have not posted results...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

pilonv1 wrote:
GreyWizzard wrote:Seriously Pilon, pick a day and time, I will move things around.
anytime today - send me a msg, ill have my 360 on
Will do, will be online in about 2 hours.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Pilon and I just went for it.

First fight was Ken (Grey) v Zangief (Pilon)

First fight to myself

Second fight was Ken V Ken

First round went to Pilon
Second to myself
third to me :D

Good Game Pilon, I have to admit I was actually very nervous playing.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

yeah was fun. glad to have some good games
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

GG Candy, nice bison ;) It's nice to be able to play a variety of characters like you and pariah. I have to admit it would get boring playing with me but i need my practice. I had this one guy on ggpo bitch to me about being boring and i was like fuck off, im not here to entertain you.

Thawk got some nice buffs. His safe dives are a bitch so i need to use similar keep away tactics as with geif. Vega got one buff and i cant use it dammit.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Just played ggpo for a good hr with a guy from sydney. Was abit laggy but it was playable. Thrid strike is still the king!