Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

A BIG reminder.....so where is it???

Post by guttermouth »

Found this another site..................LOL
PSP LIE WATCH: A REMINDER ABOUT 'GRAN TURISMO 4 MOBILE EDITION'
Has it come out yet? Is it exactly like the PS2 version? Or is Polyphony Digital, the least-efficient development team in the world, struggling to make anything look half-decent on the obsolete handheld Lumines machine?

This lie was sent out to fool idiots into buying PSP back in May of 2004. It's now August of 2006. August 30 in fact, so actually more like September.

Well done, Sony. You made a pretend disc. This actually fooled some people for about a year! Fortunately we now know you just make stuff up and lie about things all the time, so we (the internet and therefore everyone in the world) won't be falling for it again. This isn't 1996 any more. You can't expect to lie to people and for no one to notice. Everything is recorded in Google.

And well done again for making a pretend box. Now you just need to make something interesting to put in it, as with PSP and PlayStation3 in general.

The amazing detail on the pretend box, where Sony cleverly preempted what everyone would say and then said it first. This, thinking about it, was the precise moment Sony started thinking that lying to people would work as its new strategy.
GOLD!!!!
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

as it come out yet? Is it exactly like the PS2 version? Or is Polyphony Digital, the least-efficient development team in the world, struggling to make anything look half-decent on the obsolete handheld Lumines machine?
Lol, what retarded fanboy garbage. What the fuck do they mean by "least efficient" anyway?

Anyone who knows what Polyphony Digital is like would not be surprised about the delays. EVERY GT game gets delayed, usually by massive amounts. Was there even a release date for it originally?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

I'm going to step up and call fanboy bullshit also.

Three words: Metroid Prime Hunters.

The delays on that fucker. From the launch of the DS till March '06. Kind of bullshit.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Agetec. Blizzard. Rare. Whatever the name of the Duke Nukem Forever team is.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

3D Realms
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Still, if you'd bought a PSP basing the purchase decision on a portable version of GT being available, you'd have to be tapping your foot right about now.
Talez/Mech already done some DC. Only need Pepp to complete the trifecta.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Talez/Mech already done some DC. Only need Pepp to complete the trifecta.
:(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

What the fuck do they mean by "least efficient" anyway?
Yea! every GT sequel had a hugely different feel and it was much more than just upgraded car models. They surpassed the expectations of every GR member with GT4. We got a game that controlled completely different to previous games, different tracks, a decent damage model, online play :loco:

I'm not surprised bout the delays either. Since they ever made a sequel, Polyphony has always been about underdelivering.
mech

Post by mech »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Still, if you'd bought a PSP basing the purchase decision on a portable version of GT being available, you'd have to be tapping your foot right about now.
So what? This happens with every console. Why single out just this title, other than for a bullshit fanboy rant?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Because GT is *more* than just another game? A system seller even?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Still, if you'd bought a PSP basing the purchase decision on a portable version of GT being available, you'd have to be tapping your foot right about now.
DS fanboy calling "fanboy bullshit" because its an utter fucking embarrassment to any Nintendo fan is now damage control for the PSP?

The meaning of damage control has certainly become looser these days :rolleyes:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

This is amazing. I absolutely could not give a fuck about the handheld market. The last handheld I owned, before the DS was the original gameboy, and I never played it.

The PSP is a gross waste of money. End of story. I pity anyone who bought it. The DS isn't much better.

I know if I'd bought a PSP based on Sony's saying PSP-GT is coming, I'd be a bit pissed right now. What's wrong with that?

Sony fanboys are so on the attack these days....why?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Twiztid Elf wrote:This is amazing. I absolutely could not give a fuck about the handheld market.
So you're only in this thread to antagonise? Real maturity showing there.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'm feeling for fellow gamers who bought a PSP for portable, online Gran Turismo.
And yes, some trolling, but it seems to be getting easier and easier these days. Tool fans = easy as pie. Sony fans are nearly at the same level.
Last edited by Twiztid Elf on 02 Sep 2006 06:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

yeah the handheld market confuses me, I have a DS lite which is a BIG seller, but there isn't a lot of good games for it.
I haven't touched it in 2 months
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

You idiots, this is from UK Resistance. It's meant to be overly fanboyish.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Candy Arse needs to be here, if only to tell us whether "no interest in handhelds" and "last one I had was an original Gameboy" is a more hilarious and nonsensical retort than "madden hasn't changed at all" and "last time I played it was on the megadrive".
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Twiztid Elf wrote:I'm feeling for fellow gamers who bought a PSP for portable, online Gran Turismo.
And if buying a handheld/console is based on gaming pleasure and the choices made are based on a system's individual titles promised,then buyers of the PSP that particularly wanted GT4 have been shafted,at least for the moment.You could assume that would count for quite a lot of people.

But doesn't that happen on every system on some scale?Haven't we all been shafted before in ways similar to this?
mech

Post by mech »

Hercy wrote:You idiots, this is from UK Resistance. It's meant to be overly fanboyish.
Well there is no source on it so shush.

Makes much more sense now.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Seraph wrote:Candy Arse needs to be here, if only to tell us whether "no interest in handhelds" and "last one I had was an original Gameboy" is a more hilarious and nonsensical retort than "madden hasn't changed at all" and "last time I played it was on the megadrive".
Tsk tsk. You're a good secretary for GW, why not a good secretary for me? I've owned a DS since $mas.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Well I'm confused - since when did your DS ownership status come into this conversation, and how did that involve me?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It may have been around the time when I didn't say "last one I had was an original Gameboy"

I've never owned an original Gameboy. My advice when trying to troll is to make sure you know what you're talking about.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
luro

Post by luro »

:lol: @ the first post

it sucks that GT PSP hasn't been released yet but there are plenty of decent racers for the system (Ridge Racers, Burnout Legends, Colin McRae Rally 2005 Plus, Toca etc.)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

psst hey Candy, Twiztid said
The last handheld I owned, before the DS was the original gameboy

Seraph wasn't saying you said that..

Sorry, I just noticed my name in there so I thought I would reread the thread and see what it was all about.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

In light of recent events, I have decided to make my services available to Candy Arse, as his personal assistant. My first task as CA's PA is to teach him how to read - or failing that, providing detailed notes about the context surrounding any mentions of his name, so he doesn't own himself like this again. :up: