Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: The Official Thread of Shepard's in Space. ME4 Page 18

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Yeah, if I had only played them two years ago I wouldn't be ready to jump back in.

I was late to the party on Dragon Age, keen for 4 but can't see myself playing through the original trilogy again any time soon.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I played through the first 2, never even played the third due to all the backlash. Not sure if I could bring myself to play through the first 2 again as much as I enjoyed them. It was an exciting time getting home from Asda (England's Walmart) at 2am with the original game and popping that in.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

It was the backlash that made me not want to play through the extended ending. I thought that whole episode was peak entitled fanboy retard, but, well *waves hands around*

It was only the beginning.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I did feel ripped off at ME3's ending, I preferred the DLC one but still had that ME where tough choices made for a solemn ending even with saving as much of everyone as you could.

Ambrose got me remembering Mass Effect 4. Whilst it wasn't the best ME by far, seemed rushed in parts but as the game went on got better and then had a genuine good hook at the end to build on and then just nothing. The mystery of it all and the story starts heating up and then we just get fucked over coz sales.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Ambrose, what’s the name of the novel that ties up Andromeda’s story? I’ll be sure to pick it up when I get around to playing.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Rather I’ll pick it up if I like the story enough to want it resolved. :)
Ambrose Burnside

Froggy wrote: 12 May 2021 11:46 amAmbrose got me remembering Mass Effect 4. Whilst it wasn't the best ME by far, seemed rushed in parts but as the game went on got better and then had a genuine good hook at the end to build on and then just nothing. The mystery of it all and the story starts heating up and then we just get fucked over coz sales.
Agree 100%. Andromeda was nowhere near as bad as the hordes would have you believe (they saw memes and their minds were made up, then the "outrage" over deadnames and so forth that stirred up the usual suspects on all sides. Ugh.), but that cliffhanger. Fuck off :( Was a solid game.
Peppermint Lounge wrote: 12 May 2021 12:22 pm Ambrose, what’s the name of the novel that ties up Andromeda’s story? I’ll be sure to pick it up when I get around to playing.
There are three novels (Nexus Uprising, Initiation and Annihilation). All pretty good, much better than the novels based around the original trilogy. The one that you're thinking of is Annihilation. From the author:
Hi guys, Catherynne Valente here. You may remember me from such things as that press release you just read.

I just wanted to say that while I'm as disappointed as you are, if not more, that DLC hasn't manifested, I will be doing my absolute best to bring to life every bit of the ME universe I can and tie it into a satisfying bow for you guys.

I am a huge fan of Mass Effect, and under my incognito account, an active member of this sub. I wanted to write this novel so badly. I sought out the contract and auditioned and campaigned for it. The day Bioware and I had our first meeting some 18 months ago was one of the happiest of my life as a writer. So rest assured that the Quarian ark is in the hands of a fan as obsessive as you are. I can't talk about plot or what is or isn't included beyond what Bioware has made public, but I was given permission to work with some of my favorite parts of the canon, and as I told them ages ago, if I had gotten to pick what story to write for ME, it would have been this one.

Please also understand that this actually isn't a cash grab or anything like that, no matter what I've heard people say. No one is trying to screw the fans. I was hired to write this almost two years ago, it was always planned, simply delayed for reasons I know you're all aware of, since, you know, I lurk here a lot. The amount of time and energy I have poured into this project is more than I can calculate. This is a labor of love, and while we all might wish that it was a labor of love with accompanying DLC, none of us have much control over that, and it doesn't change the nature of a book that was always my little-kid-crayon-hearts love letter to Mass Effect.

I got you, fam.
There was also an Andromeda graphic novel released that I haven't read yet (it's on its way from Book Depository :D ).

And the Legendary Edition preload has begun :D
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

From an article posted today by Ars Tecnica or whatever it is

"Rather, their inclusion in this package seems targeted more for lapsed players who savor their time re-completing the improved ME1 with new, series-altering decisions".

That sounds interesting actually.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

Peeps are noticing little tweaks here and there that Bioware never previously announced. Nothing close to Madmya's fears, but for example:
Spoiler!
They've updated Tali's photo in Mass Effect 3 so that it's no longer an out-of-place copy and paste stock photo
I was finally able to play it last night. Finished Eden Prime. I know they updated Mass Effect the most, but it's still not up to the standards of the later games in terms of the way it feels. I forgot how janky it was. Or more likely, didn't know any better back then. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I was definitely like "Yep, this is an RPG from 2007 that wants to be an action game, but they haven't figured out how yet".

Also, have already experienced glitches. During conversations on Eden Prime, Kaiden is standing there as if he's holding his gun, but there's no gun model in his hands.
Ambrose Burnside

Frame rate takes a battering when cruising around in the Mako aka the least graphically demanding parts of the entire game :(
Ambrose Burnside

Modders have managed to get Pinnacle Station back into the game (PC of course). Hopefully a deal can be made and the mod incorporated into an official update.