Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: The Official Thread of Shepard's in Space. ME4 Page 18

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Well, today's the day. I'll be picking it up after work (so will probably start 3+ hours after most of you guys haha) and can't wait. And I have tomorrow off.

Combat sounds excellent in all reviews I've read (although mixed feelings about the new cover system, might have to play as a character that doesn't need cover). Overall it seems like an overly ambitious game where you have to dig a bit to find the awesome moments because they didn't tighten up the structure of the game. Obviously I would have preferred a tighter, more focussed experience (my no-time-for-filler Titanfall 2 love coming through) but I 100%ed Inquisition so I can enjoy filler too. Not looking forward to the Sudoku puzzles though, shit like that always feels like work to me, so I'll GameFAQs my way though them.

And it's fucking Mass Effect. I'm in :up:

The interface can be patched which to me is the biggest issue from what I've read. Witcher 3 had similar issues at launch. Some of the complaints now that the game is in the wild are sounding exaggerated (animations) or irrelevant to me (not enough male-male romance options).

I'm also reading Nexus Uprising, the prequel novel. It's quite well written :up:
Last edited by Ambrose Burnside on 23 Mar 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Not enough space dong? GCF will be gutted.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

If there was space dong I be hoping to be gutted by it

So far i would just like to install the fucking game. Xbone keeps stopping the install. I would be fucked if i just went to work assuming the install and update would you know.. install.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

The curse of faulty tech always going to me continues. Gake disc had this weird bubble in it. Like the final coating didnt seal properly.
Second attempt with new disc is travelling along nicely though.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I played about 90 mins last night. Customised femRyder but realised that the gap between her lip and nose was too small and it looked odd. Had to start again :(

It was like this:

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Love the two choices to choose from.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just booted up the PC version - 4K, all settings max 60fps easily.

1080Ti = good times
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

A polished turd is still a turd Candy. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Like I always do, I'll give the game a fair shake. The reviews are literally all over the place. I've seen 9.5/10 and I've seen 3/10.

Given what I've heard about the console versions, I'll gladly take a polished turd over an unpolished turd if this is the case.

P.S the game does look quite nice...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

The start sets up an intriguing story, the first world you step on gives you that feeling that made the first ME so good.

I went biotic, hardcore difficulty 8)
Ambrose Burnside

I didn't realise the retail version (PC) wasn't on disc :down:

And my internet is playing up so I probably won't be able to play it tomorrow as planned.

Fuck this :down:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Sounds like you need the NBN! /hides
Ambrose Burnside

Normally it's fine, 25/5 Mbps. But of course this evening it's playing up.

I'm also on a 200GB plan which is normally plenty but I downloaded the Master Chief Collection this month :( I thought I'd have plenty left over to download a Day 1 patch or two but not a full 40GB+ game :|

Will have to add a data pack. Most frustrating part is that my internet month switches over on Sunday, but I have tomorrow off work! :fight

Will continue reading the prequel novel, internet will be fine tomorrow, data pack will be added and I'll be in Andromeda before I know it.

*sigh*
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I've only recently discovered that you can reset your quota three times with Telstra, so if you're with them and you didn't already know about it, would be worth looking into.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK so here are some :unbiased:

The talk about this game being complete garbage, a disaster etc are as overstated as the talk about BoTW being the perfect best game ever.

It's Mass Effect. It looks like it, it sounds like it, it feels like it.

Yep, the combat isn't the best ever. Yep, the cut-scenes are a little janky. Yep, the lip-sync goes from so-so to shit.

It's Mass Effect. I'm loving it and the game fucking looks the goods in 4K.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It looks nice on the bone but the low resolution is noticeable, unfortunately.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What do you expect, you're on the shittest gaming hardware available.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:turd:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

After a dodgy disc set back.. I got some play in.. it looks great. Feels good too.. The combat feels different but still familiar. It plays more like multiplayer which I haven't quite accepted yet.. even though I love multiplayer.
As for the graphics.. on Xbone is still looks great and I haven't noticed any really bad facial issues yet... I played Mass Effect 3 the night before and the animations are no worse than 3. I haven't noticed any glitches or issues so far. While I would have preferred to play it on the PS4 pro.. the multiplayer scene was and will be better on the Xbox so that suits me perfectly.

Not making excuses for it.. but there are some differences in the game that I feel odd about but when you consider that Ryder is not a decorated military combat expert.. I can understand why it feels a bit reduced.. Early days though.
Ambrose Burnside

I dunno how or why but I woke up to a fully downloaded Andromeda when my limit should have kicked in with about 10GB to go. I then downloaded the preorder bonus stuff :up:

FUCK YES!!!
Ambrose Burnside

Origin says I'm 6 hours in,
Spoiler!
I just got the Tempest,
and I have no idea why this game is copping so much shit. It's a Mass Effect game, if you liked the original trilogy (or Bioware games in general), you'll like this. Bioware bring out the worst in nutjob gamers. The internet is full of videos of hilarious glitches from hundreds of games, but because this is a Bioware game the internet doesn't react with laughter like it does with every other game, the nutters instead track down and harass the one person in a team of hundreds they believe is responsible for the funny animations. For fuck's sake, I hate gamers sometimes. Too many nutjobs like GameHED who think glitches are massive conspiracies.

Even the menus aren't as bad as the reviews make them out to be. Maybe it's because I'm playing on PC and can navigate them with a mouse, I dunno.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I agree. I just finished Eos.. still sitting at 76% viability but im having so much fun driving around and finding stuff and generally exploring. The facial animations are seriously not that bad.. on the xbone there are framerate issues but i barely notice them. The odd weird flitch happens.. like your squad falling to the ground as you exit the nomad. It happens but it really isnt worth being upset out it.

I woukd have preferred having the power wheel but Im getting used to it.. just like i am with the menus.

It is mass effect. Ive had the goosebumps and the feels. This first planet has been so cool.. and quite a lengthy mission. Cant wait for more like it!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I agree with both of you.

I think this game is copping backlash because of the original Mass Effect 3 ending + the EA effect.

It does seem like a bit of a mess re: glitches - I'm regularly walking THROUGH rocks, have had the game crash in the opening cut-scene and a random audio drop that required the game be restarted to get it back.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I thought it was copping shit because the game hasn't advanced that much in 9 years, if anything it seems to have gone backwards.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Why? Why is it such a big problem that a game hasn't advanced much in 9 years? I just don't get this line of thought, and it's crept into so many reviewers these days. It's like we forget why we play games, and Mass Effect: Andromeda is definitely why we play games.