Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Chris Priestly, the Community Coordinator over at BioWare has confirmed that Mass Effect 2 will be a two disc affair on both the PC and Xbox 360. Those who choose to shell out for the collector's edition will get three discs, thanks to a bunch of bonus content including "making of documentaries" and other bonus stuff.

Priestly attempts to reassure gamers that the "disc swap" required by the Xbox 360 version will occur at a 'carefully planned place in the game' that will not interfere with the game play and is only done once.

The PC version will be nicer though. You'll install everything, and then simply need to have one disc in your drive as you play the game.

Priestly claims that the need for two discs is because 'you cannot fit this much awesome on one disc'. Fairly confident, yes, but if what we've seen with Dragon Age: Origins is anything to go by, Mass Effect 2 should keep even the most cynical of gamers entertained.
Source

I preordered the Collector's Edition the other day. Mass Effect is still my favourite 360 game ever, despite its faults. Can't wait :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Mass Effect was a pile of unrealized potential. I hope they get it right for the second one.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

A 3 min cinematic trailer is up and available to view on the XBox.com ME2 page here under 'Trailers' or you can http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/5A16BB ... link here

Cinemtaic looks awesome as a cut scene, but annoying it makes the game look a lot more 'action-y' than it really is.

I've been looking forward to this all year but for some reason, 5 weeks away, I'm just not feeling it.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

A couple of my friends preordered and fully paid the CE for my birthday, so I've decided to go through the original again. Awesome game. Forgot how good it was. The menu system is a MAJOR problem though. It seriously shits me. So much so that I hate items. I really hope it's fixed in the sequel.

It also sucks that installing the game doesn't help the load times as they play those stupid elevator 'news' to pass the time.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

The latest GamesTM mag gave Mass Effect 2 a review score of 10/10. Now before anyone thinks they might give out these scores willy nilly, last year oly one game got a 10 and that was Demon's Souls.
mech

Post by mech »

I don't know whether to get this on PC or 360.

PC pros:
- better graphics
- better menu system
- probably cheaper

360 pros:
- graphics are MUCH improved from the first game apparently, so maybe the improved pc graphics won't count for that much?
- 5.1, big screen, can sit on my couch and enjoy it (after playing Fallout 3 on 360, I think I much prefer long RPGs from the comfort of my couch)
- can use my old save

I dunno, what do other people think?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Don't forget your save from ME1 carries over too Mech and if you maxed out your char to lvl 60 you get bonus items in ME2.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I sort of want this on PC but I do like using my old character. That said I can't remember anything from the old game and bought the DLC and never played it. So I don't know...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I remember having lesbian alien sex in the last game. :drool:
mech

Post by mech »

t0mby wrote:Don't forget your save from ME1 carries over too Mech and if you maxed out your char to lvl 60 you get bonus items in ME2.
Hence why I put that as a pro :)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Sorry, did a Pat and skimmed.

I'd go for comfort and big screen for those epic cut scenes and battles, but thats just me.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

OXM review scans: http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/01/fi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... eview.html
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Yeah I'd definitely go for comfort. Even though I'm used to PC games for years and years, I can't bring myself to play any more Dragon Age simply because it involved spending hours in the study room. I lapped up me1 in the living room and will be doing the same with me2...

Not sure if it's worth bothering with a preorder though. Thoughts? (while I'm at it - anyone else sick and tired of games having all sorts of confusing collectors/preorder bonuses?)
mech

Post by mech »

Yeah, very very very sick of it.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

hopefully it will be like the plastic music genre and go belly up this year
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Both DLC from the original Mass Effect is 240pts this week. I hear they're crap though.

I'd rather it on 360 than PC purely because I find it so much easier to get into console games.

Pumped for this game. So pumped.
AU: Mass Effect 2 - EB Games Launch Events Announced!
The era of the morning launch begins. Come along to get your copy and free stuff to boot.
by IGN Staff

Australia, January 19, 2010 - Traditionally game retailers hold midnight launches to celebrate the release of a big new game, but EB Games is doing things a little differently for Mass Effect 2. Its launch will be on Thursday, the 28th of January, and will take place from 7:00am until 10:00am; the idea being that people can come along before going to work or school. There will be three launch events taking place in EB's Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne city stores – that's Shop 245 Albert Street in Brisbane, 67 Swanston Street in Melbourne and 403 George St in Sydney. They're shaping up to be pretty cool too. A few of the things you need to know:

- Each store has a limited quantity of T-Shirts to give away to the first customers picking up the game in the morning.

- Each launch store will hold a competition to win a Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 Console.

- Each launch store will have limited quantity of autographed Mass Effect 2 prints signed by the Development team.

- Each stores will be giving away V, donuts and NOW 5 branded chewing gum.

- Each store will have a Bluetooth distribution device, distributing a Mass Effect 2 Wallpaper and Ringtone.

- Each store will be darkened and decked out with awesome LED lighting.

- Each store will have a DJ, mixing for the full 3 hours in the morning.

- PLUS, each store will have a green screen studio setup inside the store, so that customers can have their photo taken and super imposed over an existing character in a screenshot from the game. The souvenir photo is complimentary for any guest participating in the event.
Pity mine's not preordered in the city..
mech

Post by mech »

God, how lame does the green screen thing sound?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It sounds awesome!

selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

9.6 from IGN. Sounds phenomenal.
mech

Post by mech »

What's the cheapest price / best deal people have seen?
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Really excited about this now!! I only recently (as of last week) finished the first Mass Effect. What a fantastic game!! I had it sitting in my cupboard and never got around to it. Played through it in a couple of days. Sure the framerate was abysmal at times and the Mako sucked major balls, but the storytelling and gameplay were top notch. Great ending too. Both of my major gripes appear to be sorted in the sequel too (ie. no Mako for a start) so I can't wait for this to hit. I've decided to bend over and take some rough EB punishment and pick up the collectors edition.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Guess I'll be logging off Live for the next few days......
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oh, well LA-DI-DA!
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

:lol: I'm getting the collectors anyway ... but I've grabbed it all just the same!!!