Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Which game should I play this week?

Post by Texas »

Mid semester uni break is this week, and I have decided to break out some old games and play them. Seeing as I used to work in games retail I still have a shitload of unplayed/unfinished games that I really should play/finish, but the problem is I don't really know where to start. So I thought I'd enlist the help of the Ranch to aid my decision. The poll will run until Wednesday, and I will play the game from Thursday onwards.
The choices are...
1. GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
Got a freebie copy at launch, played about 4 hours of it and it sat unplayed until last month. After I set up my PS2 again to play some drunken Buzz one night I decided to give it another crack. WOW. Look past the shortcomings of the system and game engine it is on and it is a damn fine game. I have played a bit of it, have unlocked the whole map and can fly, only have the robbery and final strands to finish, plus all the extra crap.
2. Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (XBox) This is my personal front runner. Good story, great visuals... But it was pimped to me by Pat, which is enough to take the shine off even an Edge 8/10 and put doubts into my mind...
3. MGS: Twin Snakes (GCN) Just cause it has been so long since I have played it... and it SHOULD be better on the 'cube...
4. MGS 3 Snake Eater (PS 2) Didn't play much into it... Feel Guilty I haven't finished it...
5. Rez (PS 2) ...cause I can, and there is a fair chance that I could be off my tits at some stage this week, and this game goes pretty well with (insert party substance here)
6. SF II (XBox) Haven't played a beat-em-up in ages, and this is about the only decent lightly soiled one in my collection.
7. Assorted Retro Silliness: as a child of the 80's I like the retro gear. I can happily while away my time playing such foolishness as Intellivision Lives, Atari Anthology, Activision Anthology, Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2, Power64 (C-64 emu on the Mac) MAME, etc etc...
8. Madden '06 (XBox) Have had a Canadian copy of this for ages, have hardly played it. (And in the interest of fairness I ahve given the 2 leading pimps both a personal choice...)
9. Basketball/Golf: Get off your ass, you fat c**t and play some real sports!
10. Party on, Wayne! F**k gaming, go get some cheap piss and some party additives and act like a real uni student instead of some mature-age sensible c**t

V.E.V.O, people, help me decide...
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Oddworld Stranger got an Edge 9. Wash your fucking mouth out! :P
Texas
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

-1 for massive damage on it's weak spot from pimping
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

FWIW I voted 10, but there's nothing more satisfying than getting 100% everything on ANY level of Rez.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I actually voted for MGS3.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Pat wrote:I actually voted for MGS3.
Ditto
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Party on Garth!

...then some retro silliness. Giana sisters and paradroid ftw.