Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Tony Hawk Project 8 - Not online for PS3

Post by mxlegend99 »

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty much makes the arguement regarding the D-Pad irrelevant. The control system has been completely revamped and looks fantastic. :up:

Can get a 720p video at the link above. Here'sa crappy YouTube video:
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WxycnOwgRzY[/youtube]

GOTY :up:

Graphics also look quiet nice. Although blur is overdone. It's a massive change for the series though. :up:
Last edited by mxlegend99 on 15 Sep 2006 08:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I assume the nail the trick mode is like bullet time and focus in max payne and enter the matrix. It isn't something on every trick, but a mode you can go into so you can score even more points.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Probably. But the new system looks cool. Although i think the D-Pad is still quiet easy to use. But this adds more incentive to use the sticks.

Personally, i'm just glad that the graphics look solid for a multiplatform Activision game.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I still think you d-pad people are crazy. :P
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

the dpad is quiet easy to use? i would've thought it made as much noise as the sticks!
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

On the Gamecube I could understand why you would use the analogue, as it has grooves which make it easy to lock the analogue stick in a certain direction, and the dpad is horrendously tiny (I still prefer to use it though in cases where it's all digital. Resident Evil games for movement etc), but for every other incarnation I would only use the dpad for it I think.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

yeah I have 3 onwards on the cube, and the stick was perfect for it. Very easy to use.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

no one got my quite/quiet quip?
waaaah
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

What they don't actually tell you is that the riders are actually telekinetic and only pretend to kick the board around for show :P
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Speaking of online play, Tony Hawk's Project 8 is built with full online capabilities for Xbox 360, including support of Live, classic two-player challenges, a new game called Walls (which plays like Snake or Tron), and up to eight-player online games. But Project 8 is not online for PlayStation 3. Not online for PS3. Only within the last three weeks has Neversoft received its PS3 beta kits, a black horizontal box about one foot wide by two feet long and two inches deep, with a slew of buttons and dials on its front deck. Neversoft is confident the PS3 version of the game will ship at launch in November, but it still hasn't received all of the software libraries and has no indication of how the online components will work on PS3, so it's not offering them. For a software company that's always supported the PlayStation system and was, in fact, the first developer to offer online play on PS2 with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, that's saying something. Neversoft wouldn't explain any further, but it's clear to this reporter that if Neversoft could go online with the PS3 version, it would. Neversoft General Manager Scott Pease explained, however, that the PlayStation 3 version would have special things not offered in the Xbox 360 version. He wouldn't list details, but the special additions might be cameo appearances by special celebrities or additional modes of play. We saw (but did not play) the PS3 version in motion and yes, even now it looks very much like the Xbox 360 version. Neversoft said the visuals on both games will look nearly identical.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/732/732680p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xbox 360 FTW :thumbsup:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Heh i knew this was gonna happen. So 2nd gen ps2 titles is when we will really see ps3 online games across the board, fingers crossed.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Tony Hawk Project 8: So Very Tired.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

What are people saying about the dpad? Can you no longer use the dpad in project 8 or something? I might have to kill myself if that is the case. :)
Seraph wrote:Tony Hawk Project 8: So Very Tired.
I was the biggest THPS fan ever, i 100% completed 1/2/3/4/UG2 (skipped UG).. but I didn't even touch wasteland cos I was over it. But, I'm actually pretty excited about project 8 ;)
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Kabal wrote:What are people saying about the dpad? Can you no longer use the dpad in project 8 or something? I might have to kill myself if that is the case. :)
People just don't like the Xbox 360's D-Pad. Personally, i haven't got any issues with it and it worked fine in Wasteland for me.
Kabal wrote:I was the biggest THPS fan ever, i 100% completed 1/2/3/4/UG2 (skipped UG).. but I didn't even touch wasteland cos I was over it. But, I'm actually pretty excited about project 8 ;)
Aside from me playing Wasteland, i have had the exact same experience. Skipped THUG1 as i hated the story mode only option. Loved all the other games though. Project 8 looks awesome aswell. I'm happy with yearly updates so long as they don't try making me HAVE to follow the story.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Oh right. I haven't really had any huge problems playing SF2 with the 360 dpad. Not the best dpad ever by any stretch but I can't imagine how it would be bad for THPS.
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]