Batman: Arkham Asylum - dam ...this looks mint

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

fucken funny.

Yep Scarecrow sections are fucken awesome. Game is my fave of the year so far, with this and ODST and Marvel UA 2 coming out soon I am well happy.

I love this game!

*EDIT* word is the Joker levels are coming to 360 as well! :up: :up: :up:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

GAME had Exclusive Scarcrow levels so you'll no doubt find a code on http://www.gamefaqs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or something.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
nickofullysicko

Post by nickofullysicko »

srsly i'm in love with ths game! best i've played all year. There's just so much care gone into this game :up:
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

This is easily my single player GOTY.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Like Cletus said, the Collector's Edition is shitacular. The batarang is a horrible plastic scratched piece of crap, the book with the 'embossed leather jacket' is nothing of the sort - it's just a shitty notebook with a paper cover. The game itself comes in a crappy cardboard case with no room for the manual, and it's pretty much impossible not to peel some of the cover off when you take the stupid Xbox seal off.

Disappointing is not a strong enough word.
I just picked up mine, and it's exactly the same as described here. How they managed to get it so horribly wrong after looking so good on paper is beyond me. It's as if they've purposely scratched the hell out of the Batarang - it's not as if it was being touched or rubbed while in the box.

No leather binding for the notebook as promised either. I can't see why this is worth the extra $50. I wonder if EB will take it back under the 7-day rule.

Very, very disappointed.

Should be a good game though. 8)
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

that sucks man, game is awesome though!
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Whats system is everyone buying this on, if you have the choice of course ?

I am tempted to pic it up and give it a try over the weekend but am unsure if the extra Joker stuf is worth getting.... or to get the 360 version so I can go up against the leader boards ?

Anyone else have this predicament?
2nd place is the first loser....

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Also control pad of preference.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Kangawallaby wrote:Whats system is everyone buying this on, if you have the choice of course ?

I am tempted to pic it up and give it a try over the weekend but am unsure if the extra Joker stuf is worth getting.... or to get the 360 version so I can go up against the leader boards ?

I'd get the PS3 version so you don't have the sounds of fans at full speed and a substandard optical drive fully cranked drowning out the otherwise awesome sound effects and voice acting.
nickofullysicko

Post by nickofullysicko »

PhoneMonkey wrote:
Kangawallaby wrote:Whats system is everyone buying this on, if you have the choice of course ?

I'd get the PS3 version so you don't have the sounds of fans at full speed and a substandard optical drive fully cranked drowning out the otherwise awesome sound effects and voice acting.
bah...it's not that bad mate
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

It really is.

And mine has been back to Microsoft three times :lol:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

My 360's starting to get to me playing Fallout 3... the constant sound of what sounds like a cat dying in the background is damn annoying.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Install HDD feature, USE IT!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

If I'm not playing a game I hate the sound of it, but during a game I can't remember the last time I noticed the sound.
mech

Post by mech »

lestat wrote:Install HDD feature, USE IT!
I am, I shelled out the ridiculous $200 or whatever it was to get a 120gb drive, but it's the main system fan, whirring away.

Not sure whether to open it and try to fix it, possibly voiding my 3 year red ring warranty...
Last edited by mech on 04 Sep 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

GOTY!

Finished last night, going for 100% now.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

I ended up trading 3 PS3 games at JB to get this for three, they have changed thier deal so you must trade the same format games for your console of choice, so go the PS3 version... thanks for the feedback anyway.
2nd place is the first loser....

selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

this is a pretty fun exercise in following instructions...there's not much to it beyond that...which i don't really mind. it's not the deepest game but it's a fairly entertaining bat-romp, which is quite good for what could have reasonably been expected to be just licensed dreck.

score for a normal game: 7.5/10
score for a batman game: 9.5/10
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

I am loving it so far. Will probably end up being the best single player game this year unless Uncharted 2 is totally amazing.
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I hope that when I replay it I don't have to collect all the Riddler stuff I already have, only the stuff I don't have.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

If you're a bit indifferent as to whether batman features in a vgame or not is it still awesome? I emjoy batman but for some reason the character isn't a huge pull for me videogame-wise.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Gameplay-wise it's very similar to Metal Gear Solid. Minus the insanely long cutscenes but with the same great voice acting (it features the cast of the animated series).

The gameplay feels more 'vertical' than MGS though. I don't know how to explain it, but you spend a lot of time up high swooping down on bad guys. Just like Batman in other words :D They've nailed the look and feel of Batman and his world almost perfectly. And it's fun! Hell, I've spent ages trying to get as high as I can just so I could glide across Arkham Island. The 'glide for 100m' achievement was very fun to get :D

I think that if you substitute the Batman cast with generic videogame characters it would still easily stand on its own two feet, it is a very well developed game. Being a Batman game though they have absolutely filled it to the brim with Batman lore, which makes it more enjoyable to a Batman fan, and a better game for it.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Good answer Ambrose, ta.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yep. MGS, minus some polish, add a dash of Bioshock to the atmosphere and replace the cutscenes with having to beat people up. Amazingly, this game rewards you for going beyond randomly mashing buttons during combat, as seen in every other third person mash-fest. I went in thinking the combat would be something I'd have to persevere with in order to experience the rest of the game, but it's really quite fun. A couple of bosses are by-the-numbers, but from what I've played so far that's more than made up for by the awesome ones. I reckon you'd like it overall Pep. I'm not a huge Batfan either, it's simply a good game.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

I finished it this afternoon. This game wasn't even on my radar because I generally don't like super hero stuff at all, nor do I like metal gear. I only picked it up because I was home sick from work with a cold and finished shadow complex and had nothing to do. I'm so glad I did because it was totally awesome.
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]