Batman: Arkham Asylum - dam ...this looks mint

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Even though Beyond3D says the game is pretty much the same for graphics on both systems, I swear the PS3 version is jaggier with the occasional hitch the 360 version didn't have...
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

sweet game, but so far the combat is way too easy.

press X for flying kick, the game does the rest for you.
mash X and Y against groups of bad guys, don't even really need to point in the direction of the guy you want to smash.

and detective view makes puzzle solving far to easy.

hoping for more stealth (i'm not far out of the jail atm) and combat options with tougher opponents.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

mech wrote:Even though Beyond3D says the game is pretty much the same for graphics on both systems, I swear the PS3 version is jaggier with the occasional hitch the 360 version didn't have...
There's some tearing on the PS3 version, but I haven't seen it on 360 to compare. It's very hit and miss graphically though, some parts look really nice, then you get a face full of flat foliage. Still really enjoying it.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

bit of tearing in the 360 version, only really noticed it on the title screen though.

yeh the foliage looks shithouse :lol:
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

jizzlobber wrote:sweet game, but so far the combat is way too easy.

press X for flying kick, the game does the rest for you.
mash X and Y against groups of bad guys, don't even really need to point in the direction of the guy you want to smash.

and detective view makes puzzle solving far to easy.

hoping for more stealth (i'm not far out of the jail atm) and combat options with tougher opponents.
Once the bad guys start packing some decent weaponry is when the game's stealth and combat elements begin to shine, I reckon.

There are some sections later in the game where you really need to be careful.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Gamma wrote:
mech wrote:Even though Beyond3D says the game is pretty much the same for graphics on both systems, I swear the PS3 version is jaggier with the occasional hitch the 360 version didn't have...
There's some tearing on the PS3 version, but I haven't seen it on 360 to compare. It's very hit and miss graphically though, some parts look really nice, then you get a face full of flat foliage. Still really enjoying it.
It looks better on 360 because it's a third party game :P

I've finished the story mode, and (thankfully) just like GTA you can go back and keep playing for 100%. I swear these Riddler challenges will drive me insane :lol:

[Click to see hidden content]
Who else is hoping for a sequel set in Gotham City with Two-Face and a Titan-infected Killer Croc as two of the bad guys???
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

word, DLC needed STAT!
Ambrose Burnside

YES! Riddler Challenges and Spirit of Arkham completed :D

I missed a couple of achievements (like Rope-a-Dope and Mano-a-Mano) so hopefully I can get these in one of the Challenge maps. If not, I'll just have to replay the story :D
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

man, I wanna get the Perfect Knight one but you need Gold on all challenges!!!! That is tough.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

PS3 version unlocks the batcave apartment in Home. That would be awesome...
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

lmao! Just chillin in the BatCrib!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Possible dlc whispers?
Batman: Arkham Asylum was recently released to near-universal acclaim, even winning world record status for being the "Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever." So a sequel would seem inevitable, right?

Well, maybe not just yet.

"We're just waiting to see if people like the game," lead narrative designer Paul Crocker told VG247 on their podcast this week. It makes one wonder, then, just how long they plan to wait.

Regarding the possibility of downloadable content for the original, all he would say is "We don't talk about the DLC, I'm afraid."

"The" DLC? It seems VG247 knows something they aren't sharing, as they say "You'll just have to wait to see what that's all about."
I mean massive hints at the end of the game with Bats tearing off towards Gotham but that would have to be a whole sequel yeah? There are the Joker and Scarecrow levels on PS3 which are sposed to come to xbox soonish though. What else could they have? I would buy extra levels in a heartbeat.
Ambrose Burnside

In a short post-credits scene, a box stamped with the word "Titan" floats in the water. A randomized appearance of Bane, Killer Croc, or Scarecrow grabs the box.

Oooh I didn't realise the post-credits clip was randomised! Mmmm sequel possibilities...
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

nice, yeah sequel must be out...errrr.....NEXT WEEK please! k thx bye
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Got this game Friday and haven't had a chance to sit down with it till tonight, and considering I am not the biggest Batman fan I am really enjoying it so far..... great change of pace from shooters etc.

Great voice acting and atmosphere and the graphics will keep me engaged from what I have played so far, I like the semi stealth game play also, reminds me of Assassins Creed which I loved.
2nd place is the first loser....

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Christian Bale's body and Kevin Conroy's voice = the perfect Batman. Pissed I can't play this at the moment. Fucking RROD...
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

oh thats shithouse.

The levels in this game man! Great use of the video game medium IMO, a third person game that goes platform and 1st person on you aswell! I love it, not since like Max Payne have I been wowed by a game so much.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Just got up to the part where they start boobytrapping the gargoyles. What a pain the proverbial. You mean I actually have to think now?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Picked up the superior PS3 version today. Unbiased early impressions are that this game is fucking awesome. Intro took me back to the same feeling I had when I first played Butcher Bay, which was a very good one.

holla!
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:superior PS3 version
:lol:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

you can be the joker, something candy can relate to... superior version for candy arses :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:
Free downloadable content via free (superior) online service. Glad I own both machines, win/win for unbiased gamers like me!

xbots owned
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby wrote:
Free downloadable content via free (superior) online service. Glad I own both machines, win/win for unbiased gamers like me!

xbots owned
You just owned yourself :?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

he does that everytime he posts!
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

Post by Pimpn Drop Bear »

i've gone through story mode three times, and about the end..
Fucken glad to hear that the ending thing was randomised, i was swearing black and blue that I had seen bane's hand come out of the water and my mate was calling bullshit because he'd seen scarecrow, i'd clocked it twice more since then and got scarecrow too, thought I was going insane.