PS3 Delayed until March 07 (Europe)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Heh, it's the same shit with every console launch. Did MS take their market for granted when shafting 360's Euro and Aus launch date, Froggy? Just one of a myriad of examples of major project deadline slippage.
Geez, take your Sony hat off for a sec and calm, MS weren't the market leaders and kept us up to date with the fact they simply couldn't meet demand, Sony gone the whole was suggesting they can which they clearly can't. MS couldn't afford to do what Sony is doing to the market right now or they'd have extinguished themselves as a market force, Sony is blatantly taking it's fans for granted with lie after lie and false promises. It's pretty obvious.
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

Jizzy McLobber wrote:I find it interesting how those who pre-ordered aren't fussed about this delay, I think that's an indication of how unexciting the launch lineup is.

Yes it sure helps if you have a 360 too :)
I hope not too many people have fallen for the EB trade in scam. That's a long time to be without a console and 25 games. :fight
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Pat you will be waiting a damn long time for the PS3 to be sub $600 it would seem.

Chances are you will be able to join the next gen with a XBOX 720 for only $100 more!
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

http://www.thisiswaiting.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Faraday

Post by Faraday »

I just cancelled my preorder at EB and picked up Saints Row with my credit.

Blessing in disguise!

This news has put me off the PS3. I was already reluctant to pick one up when I heard Assassin's Creed was 360 bound, but this has done it for me. This will be the first launch I don't get on the day!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I'm hearing rumours other 3rd party ps3 exclusives are going to be 360 bound. Obviously publishers caught wind of this massive supply bungle and considering how well 360 games have been selling, porting/releasing on the 360 is a must for their bottom lines.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

VF5 DO IT!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

OUCH! :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Froggy wrote:Geez, take your Sony hat off for a sec and calm, MS weren't the market leaders and kept us up to date with the fact they simply couldn't meet demand, Sony gone the whole was suggesting they can which they clearly can't. MS couldn't afford to do what Sony is doing to the market right now or they'd have extinguished themselves as a market force, Sony is blatantly taking it's fans for granted with lie after lie and false promises. It's pretty obvious.
Heh Froggy, telling me to calm when it's you applying human emotions to what is a business occurrence. Once again I fail to see the distinction between MS and Sony regarding them both setting a launch date then having it slip due to manufacturing shortages. Suggesting Sony are taking their fans for granted suggests Sony have somehow deliberately imposed this situation upon us poor PS3-starved consumers. This situation hurts Sony far more than it hurts consumers. Sony would be bleeding internally at the moment. Project managers and architects grilling their vendors, vendors grilling their PMs and architects, management grilling everyone and all missing out on their performance bonuses. When Sony set their deadline, however ambitious it was, they would've genuinely believed they'd make it. No company would will this level of bad publicity onto themselves for fun.

This is just another major project that's missed its deadline. Happens all the time in business. Typically in the console gaming world messageboard contributors are prone to applying a variety human faces to what is essentially an unforseen set of circumstances.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Once again I fail to see the distinction between MS and Sony regarding them both setting a launch date then having it slip due to manufacturing shortages.
360 was only delayed down here in aust/nz (3 weeks).
you can't see the difference?
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

please tell me this retard isn't actually tryna breakdance...
Sony should be feeling the same amount of head pain as this guy
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Jizzy McLobber wrote:360 was only delayed down here in aust/nz (3 weeks).
So time delayed is the issue now? Previously it was about how MS kept everyone informed telling people 'straight up' about delays vs Sony who haven't. And yet to me that's exactly what Sony have done. Two months out from launch and they plainly advise their Nov 17 launch for PAL has shifted to Mar '07.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

360 was only delayed down here in aust/nz (3 weeks).
3 weeks vs 4 months. Big difference.

Also lets not forget this is not the first delay for ps3, the system was announced to be release in the northern hemisphere spring of 2006.

And pep, seriously sony has lied and taken their fans/userbase for granted. Their arrogance is indefensible.

It's gonna be great watching get knocked down a peg or 2 from their own arrogance. "Next gen starts when we say it does" They're their own worst enemy imo.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Jizzy McLobber wrote:360 was only delayed down here in aust/nz (3 weeks).
So time delayed is the issue now? Previously it was about how MS kept everyone informed telling people 'straight up' about delays vs Sony who haven't. And yet to me that's exactly what Sony have done. Two months out from launch and they plainly advise their Nov 17 launch for PAL has shifted to Mar '07.
hang on, Microsoft didn't give us a pre-xmas release date, that's what i'm saying, so although out launch was much later they didn't come out and tell us we would get it before xmas.

Sony said the PS3 would be released here in November, they were telling us what we wanted to hear without making sure if they could back it up.
they should've shut up (like MS did), 'till they had a date that was at least in the ball park.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: Two months out from launch and they plainly advise their Nov 17 launch for PAL has shifted to Mar '07.
2 months in advance is pisspoor,Pep.They would have known of this when they made the original announcement.There's no way in hell they had the mind to keep to those original launch dates.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Playing Devil's Advocate here for a second - I'd rather the delay than the original launch estimates coming to fruition and higher than acceptable defective rates becoming the norm (the smell of class action lawsuit).

What Sony did was their typically bullish, arrogant sounding PR stunts, and it happened to backfire. If they weren't the market leader, this wouldnt be quite so bad because people would be cheering them on so to speak to take out whomever was #1, such is the nature of fanboys.

Unfortunately, worst case scenario sees MS taking a dominant position in the next generation, and I'm not looking forward to that.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

why?
I think they deserve it, they are doing just about everything right.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Because MS are the one company with the money and position to gain and hold a monopoly, which is never good. And if you want to see how it can be bad, look at Shadowrun.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

it won't happen, both wii and ps3 will do well.
If MS were market leaders I think they would do a better job of it than the others anyway.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm cynical enough to suggest theyd fuck things up in their own special way.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Cletus wrote:2 months in advance is pisspoor,Pep.They would have known of this when they made the original announcement.There's no way in hell they had the mind to keep to those original launch dates.
Nah. Having worked on large tech projects and rollouts I can assure you target dates may seem ambitious but they're always sincerely worked towards. Fact is Sony will have units for their intended date, just not enough for all territories meaning PAL gets boned. I've never worked on anything remotely as large as a global mass-consumer technology product launch but I can still imagine the insane amounts of internal shit required to arrive at a group-wide decision pushing the Euro/Aus/NZ launch back 4 months. There are just too many methodologies and levels of implementation at work for this stiuation to be something as simple as 'Sony knew they wouldn't make those dates', suggesting Sony collectively deceived us. The same goes for MS, Nintendo, IBM or anyone in a similar position.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I get what you're saying but I think they would have known they weren't going to meet the dates on the scale they first announced.

I do understand it would be more complex than them just saying "Tell them November and we'll worry about the real date as it gets nearer".
Pat

Post by Pat »

My guess is that not everyone working at sony was happy with the "november 17" announcement. Surely people would be well aware that things weren't coming together as planned, at least for a few months prior to now.

Not that that means they can speak about it.