PS3 Delayed until March 07 (Europe)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Ahahahaha, first actually funny photoshop I've seen so far... bwhahahaha.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I think sony's target dates were more along the lines of optimistic than realistic. They wanted to give the impression to the market and publishers they were on track. When really i think they had no idea when they could really get the thing out the door. Honestly the launch looks more like a paper launch than a real launch. The haven't even given a solid date in march. It's fingers crossed in the sony camp.
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

mxlegend99 wrote:Wow. It's funny how all this shit really adds up.
Sony seriously have failed to deliver much of what they promised. Compiling what has been listed so far:
*Dual monitor support
*120fps
*True HDMI output (no cable in box)
*Worldwide launch
*1080p
*Spring launch 2006 ....
*Nov 17 Europe
*Lots of Ports at the back of the machine
*GPU Downgrade
*CPU Downgrade
*Rumble
Software:
*Killzone
*Motorstorm
*Tekken
*Warhawk
I'd add on:
The ridiculous $1000 price tag.
The overpriced/overhyped and underperforming Blu-Ray drive.
A high def digital playback format that no mainstream consumer could give a damn about.
The complete lack of interest in pre-orders.
Sony’s complete lack of showing any online service.
The laughable launch lineup.
The shockless Dual-Shock controller.
The spec sheet that shows it is only marginally better performing than the 360.
A completely gimped ‘tard pack.

Sony have taken a huge gamble by using their biggest cashcow (the Playstation brand) to sell Blu-Ray players.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I do think it's a bit redundant to compare 360 delay vs PS3 delay. Both companies quoted hard launch dates and both were caught with their pants down. It's just that Sony's pants are around their ankles and MS' were around their knees.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Jizzy McLobber wrote:If MS were market leaders I think they would do a better job of it than the others anyway.
yeah, they sure do a great job of their *other* monopolies, don't they...stagnation who?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Pat

Post by Pat »

Candy Arse wrote:I do think it's a bit redundant to compare 360 delay vs PS3 delay. Both companies quoted hard launch dates and both were caught with their pants down. It's just that Sony's pants are around their ankles and MS' were around their knees.
No wonder Nintendo are keeping quiet.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Nintendo have nothing to worry about. They have about 10 million unsold Gamecubes sitting in warehouses somewhere, probably next to some copies of Shenmue, and it won't take that long for 50,000 underpaid chinamen to put the GC motherboard into the Wii case.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

European launch details will be announced the 15th of September for the Wii. so I have heard...
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Candy Arse wrote:Nintendo have nothing to worry about. They have about 10 million unsold Gamecubes sitting in warehouses somewhere, probably next to some copies of Shenmue, and it won't take that long for 50,000 underpaid chinamen to put the GC motherboard into the Wii case.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Relative to technical specifications, the Wii is actually supposed to be 3 to 4 times more powerful then the Gamecube.

Sure the majority of the Wii’s current launch line-up titles are not overboard impressive, but people aren’t actually dumb enough to think Nintendo are using the same Gamecube graphical processor for the Wii system? :?
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Nah it's like a TNT2 vs TNT2 Turbo
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

What the fuck are you bothering for?It's not like the Wii will sell anything near the PS3.Infact,I'd guess that even a crap level of PS3 preorders will amount to more than the total number of Wii consoles sold over it's entire lifespan.
mech

Post by mech »

Candy Arse wrote:Nintendo have nothing to worry about. They have about 10 million unsold Gamecubes sitting in warehouses somewhere, probably next to some copies of Shenmue, and it won't take that long for 50,000 underpaid chinamen to put the GC motherboard into the Wii case.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahha I said the exact same thing to a guy at work this morning CA. I like the way you think.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Cletus wrote:What the fuck are you bothering for?It's not like the Wii will sell anything near the PS3.Infact,I'd guess that even a crap level of PS3 preorders will amount to more than the total number of Wii consoles sold over it's entire lifespan.
You believe there will be more PS3 preorders then the number of units the Wii will sell in its entire product lifecycle? :redface:

Let me guess? You also at one time believed Nintendo would go third party, bankrupt, or fall into financial ruin due to the DS’s imminent death with the release of the PSP? :wink:
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Twiztid Elf wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Wow. It's funny how all this shit really adds up.
Sony seriously have failed to deliver much of what they promised. Compiling what has been listed so far:
*Dual monitor support
*120fps
*True HDMI output (no cable in box)
*Worldwide launch
*1080p
*Spring launch 2006 ....
*Nov 17 Europe
*Lots of Ports at the back of the machine
*GPU Downgrade
*CPU Downgrade
*Rumble
Software:
*Killzone
*Motorstorm
*Tekken
*Warhawk
I'd add on:
The ridiculous $1000 price tag.
The overpriced/overhyped and underperforming Blu-Ray drive.
A high def digital playback format that no mainstream consumer could give a damn about.
The complete lack of interest in pre-orders.
Sony’s complete lack of showing any online service.
The laughable launch lineup.
The shockless Dual-Shock controller.
The spec sheet that shows it is only marginally better performing than the 360.
A completely gimped ‘tard pack.

Sony have taken a huge gamble by using their biggest cashcow (the Playstation brand) to sell Blu-Ray players.
You've migrated to editorial there TE. :) What's so completely gimped about the PS3 'tard pack?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Meh. It's no more or less gimped than the xb360 'tard pack I guess.

That was pretty much a cut and paste jobby I'd pulled from a group email i sent a few weeks ago, when I'd responded horribly to a troll.

Seriously though, the tough decision for Sony should have been made early this year/late last year to scrap Blu-Ray (at least in the PS3).
The question should have been: Is Blu-Ray a risk to the PS3's success? The answer is obviously yes. They should have pulled the plug then.

They could have saved E3 with a competitive price and a strong, competitive machine. Sure, everyone would have slammed them for dropping Blu-Ray, but the mainstreamers wouldn't have cared, and the hardcore would have lived with it. It would have just been XB360 fanboy ammo, nothing more.

I remember once hearing the commonly known business practice of under-promising and over delivering. Pity Sony have never heard of this.
Last edited by Twiztid Elf on 07 Sep 2006 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

lestat wrote:I think sony's target dates were more along the lines of optimistic than realistic. They wanted to give the impression to the market and publishers they were on track. When really i think they had no idea when they could really get the thing out the door. Honestly the launch looks more like a paper launch than a real launch. The haven't even given a solid date in march. It's fingers crossed in the sony camp.
Fact is, and we've all noted this early on, MS pushed Sony to this point through slashing XBox 1's cycle and releasing 360 early. Sony have had a fire lit under their arse since '05 and it's proven too difficult to release the spec they wanted which includes first-gen, untested gear in an ideal timeframe.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

If it wasnt for the wasteful Blu Ray, the PS3 could've been out already.
mech

Post by mech »

Meh. It's no more or less gimped than the xb360 'tard pack I guess.
It's less gimped. It's got all the features of the premium 360 bundle AFAIK. 20 gig HDD, wireless controllers, component HD output, USB connections...
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

That brings us back to the point that the PS3 is not really cutting edge gaming hardware by the time it launches. At least it will have a cutting edge movie player (capacity only).

Oh and the PS2 was pretty shit hardware from the get go so I'm very glad they had a fire lit under their arse.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

ooohhh cake.......
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

AgOnNy wrote:If it wasnt for the wasteful Blu Ray, the PS3 could've been out already.
And the 'set in concrete' hardware for graphics processing is getting older and older......... :suicide:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rocco wrote:Relative to technical specifications, the Wii is actually supposed to be 3 to 4 times more powerful then the Gamecube.
That's fantastic, PR! Unfortunately what's been shown on Wii so far looks no better than what has been achieved on the Xbox.

Hey actually that probably does mean Wii is 3 to 4 times more powerful than GAMECUBE NINTENDO.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Jizzy McLobber wrote:why?
I think they deserve it, they are doing just about everything right.
Jizz if MS gain control of the console market, that is if they relegate Sony and Nintendo to bit-players you can kiss goodbye the console business model you're so fond of. The only reason MS are plunging millions into a hardware business model is because their software isn't running the dominant platform. If MS win watch them dump console hardware faster than you can say 'Sega Dreamcast'. MS will establish OEM agreements with hardware manufacturers such as Dell, Acer etc. to build consoles, multimedia centres or whatever they'd be called preloaded with their software. That was actually what they tried to do with XBox 1. MS are a software company and all they want is their software on all mainstream, networked technology devices.

Hypothetically if Sony were to propose to MS that Playstation products from now on run an MS operating system and utilise MS controlled networks MS would be all over it and XBox/360 as a hardware platform would be no more.