PS3 Delayed until March 07 (Europe)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

*LiNNYroX*

Post by *LiNNYroX* »

All i can say is good luck to Sony on attempting to salvage a victory in this generation's console war. I was an avid Sony man once having owned a PS2. And watching the potential of my bro's XBOX 1, made me do the switch. I dont regret it now. I'm also specially glad i didnt put that deposit down on the PS3. Thank f**k for that.

Now all i have to do i wait a few weeks for Dead Rising and NBA Live 2K7..............
www.iplcricketnews.com - #1 Site for all things IPL!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Pep wrote: Fact is, and we've all noted this early on, MS pushed Sony to this point through slashing XBox 1's cycle and releasing 360 early. Sony have had a fire lit under their arse since '05 and it's proven too difficult to release the spec they wanted which includes first-gen, untested gear in an ideal timeframe.
360 wasn't release early imo, ps2 came out in 2000, DC came out earlier, it was time for a new generation of consoles. It's just xbox was late to the party last gen. Sony have been hyping and developing cell for years, same goes with bluray. They've been pushed by 360 because what 360 delivered is pretty amazing technically. And sony is stupidly trying to fight 2 wars with 1 machine.

It's well known had bluray been dropped the ps3 would be available now. Sony have 3 million cell chips sitting in a warehouse right now. Bluray has pushed the cost of the machine, delayed the machine and will cause production issues for it over it's lifespan. I don't consider bluray essential for gaming, they should of dropped it and save themselves and their fans a lot of embarassment for honestly a format that no one is going to give a shit about.
Last edited by lestat on 08 Sep 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

lestat wrote:ps2 came out in 2005
Quotin dis cuz its teh funny!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I wouldn't want MS to have the market to themselves, but if they were leaders like Sony has been they would do a better job than they have.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

hehe typo talez. :redface:
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Jizzy McLobber wrote:I wouldn't want MS to have the market to themselves, but if they were leaders like Sony has been they would do a better job than they have.
but they're never going to do that, are they? that's not part of their game plan.

i think it's tied to live: if they can get all your friends using their network, then why on earth would you use anything else?

sony needs to step up to the plate with their online plans - or provide some kind of interoperability (as if) - or risk losing everything to microsoft forever
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

The Playstation was widely regarded as a fantastic machine, and Sony pretty much did everything right through its lifespan. This is when Sony was the leader. It was only with the PS2, when Sony has been in control of the market, that things have gone badly (according to lestat).

If MS were to be in a position of leadership, then perhaps that wouldn't be so bad. But if MS had been in the position Sony were in with the PS2 as having complete control of the market, I can't see how things would've been any better.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Ken getting owned....

Hey Ken, do you remember all the things you said about the Xbox 360? If not, let me refresh your mind:

“The Xbox 360 is Going After the PlayStation 2.”

Well Ken, at this pace, you will go after the Xbox 360…just make sure you launch the PS3 before the next round of next-gen consoles.

“The Xbox 360 won't change the type of entertainment.”

Neither will the PlayStation 3 with these constant delays, so hurry up before a cell phone can pull off PS3 graphics.

"Xbox 360 is 1.5, the PS3 is more than what I was expecting, so it's 3.5."

Yeah, you should probably name the PS3 the PS3.5 because it will launch so close to the PlayStation 4 that a 3.5 makes more sense than 3.

“The Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console.”

Well Ken, the truth is that by the time you launch the PlayStation 3.5 in Europe, both AMD and Intel will be offering quad-core processors and some motherboards will support two of those processors, allowing people to have 8 cores inside their computers. Plus, both ATI and nVIDIA will be offering DirectX 10-class GPU early next year, meaning you will be the only one with an older shader architecture instead of the new unified model implemented in both Windows Vista and the Xbox 360.

Ken, now that I think about it again, you might want to rename your next-generation console as PlayStation 2.5.

Riiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaaaaacer!

I remember Kazuo Hirai saying at E3 that, "the next generation doesn't start until we say it does!"…hrmmmm, so when would that be Kaz?

Does the next generation begin this November with 400,000 consoles in North America and one year old games like Fight Night Round 3? Oh, my bad, I forgot about Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaacer!

Ha Ha

This is what happens when you open your big mouth and talk trash about the competition. If you fail, everyone will laugh at you. This is definitely not a good start for the PlayStation 3 and if things don’t change, the PS2 successor is destined to fail. The console is expensive, delayed and will be outdated by the time it launches. Other than the Blu-ray Disc capabilities, the PlayStation 3 won’t bring anything new in terms of interactive entertainment.

Just pray Halo 3 doesn’t come up next March or green will be a color all Sony executives will forever dream with.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Funny thing for me is I went to one of my local EB (Airport West) stores on Wednesday to pre-order a PS3, and the guy was saying that cause of shortages, basically the 1st person to pay off the console will be guaranteed a console come launch day in November! I guess that theory's gone... Or has it? I don't know if we'll see PS3's by March 2007 in Australia, and if we do, there could well be shortages then also.
Best thing about this delay is that i can save for more games, and hopefully there'll be better games at our Aussie launch.
I also pre-ordered a Wii from Toys 'r' us! I guess i'm a sucker for a new console cause i don't like to miss out on anything! :D
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Darwi
Obey your thirst

Post by Darwi »

:lol:
ruslah

Post by ruslah »

A little late to the game, but I've only just seen this thread earlier tonight. Since then, I've made this :D

I might edit it a bit before I put it on that site.

Mum, the meatloaf... We want it now!
ruslah

Post by ruslah »

Just uploaded it then, but bloody hell... There's about 800 pictures on there. It's probably already been done!
Mum, the meatloaf... We want it now!
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Bwhahahahaha, nice one Ruslah.