Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

WoW gamer proposes Irwin tribute...

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irwin to get WOW tribute (News) by Ellie Gibson

07/09/06 07:50

The inhabitants of Azeroth are set to pay a very special tribute to dead crocodile hunter Steve Irwin.

The idea came from WOW player BubbRubb, who wrote on the official forum: "I am deeply saddened by the tragic loss of Steve Irwin, as you all are I'm sure. We need to pay our respects to this man and lay his Azerothian soul to rest, so I propose a memorial service at the serene ocean front setting of the Zoram Strand.

"I would like to spell out CRIKEY with players as a tribute to his wonderous catch phrase, and then we can dance and swim in the ocean to celebrate his life instead of mourning his death," BubbRubb suggested.

Both Horde and Alliance players are invited to attend, with a specific time and date still to be set. And, er, some more people still to sign up - so far only seven people have committed, which is probably just enough to do the C.
Celebrating his life by sitting on your arse and directing your MMO character to dance and swim in the ocean. That's some tribute!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I think a better tribute would be for people to find these WoW nerds, wrestle them out of their dank, smelly habitat they call a room, and release them into the wild that is outside.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Fantastic idea! . :roll: .... Fucking WOW!

EDIT: Not happy with my own comments.. especially in light of Brock's passing too.
Last edited by General Chaos on 09 Sep 2006 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Azerothian soul
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Edit:

HAY GUYZ LETS HAVE A MEMORIAL ANIMAL CROSSING BUGHUNT FOR THE KIDS KILLED IN BESLAN SCHOOL SIEGE BECAUSE ITS SOOOO FUCKING RELEVANT!

GODDAMN FUCKING WOW ATTENTION WHORES SHIT ME TO TEARS! STOP FORCING THE GAME ON EVERYONE! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGYAAARGHH!
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Pat wrote:
Azerothian soul
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Edit:

HAY GUYZ LETS HAVE A MEMORIAL ANIMAL CROSSING BUGHUNT FOR THE KIDS KILLED IN BESLAN SCHOOL SIEGE BECAUSE ITS SOOOO FUCKING RELEVANT!

GODDAMN FUCKING WOW ATTENTION WHORES SHIT ME TO TEARS! STOP FORCING THE GAME ON EVERYONE! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGYAAARGHH!
Most retarded comment I've read in quite some time.

How is proposing a tribute for wow gamers, on the official wow forums, a way to force the game on people and attention whore?

That goes solely on Eurogamer.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm allowed to overreact.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hopefully a rival clan will crash it and kill them all, just like what happened with that funeral some people were trying to hold not so long ago.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It's idiotic crap like this that doesn't help Wow and MMO's in general.
What a bunch of morons.
:down:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Defenitely sounds fakey and retarded if you arks me.

Yeah I said arks.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Twiztid Elf wrote:It's idiotic crap like this that doesn't help Wow and MMO's in general.
What a bunch of morons.
:down:
Nah, it's idiotic crap like WoW that doesnt help MMO's :D

(No hard feelings!)
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

what a dickhead, but i'm not surprised it came from wow.....says it all.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

If they really wanted to pay tribute, how about they use that $15us monthly fee and donate it to steve's conservation fund.

sitting on your bum and spelling out crikey with a bunch of other wow geeks is fucking worthless.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

This doesn't strike me as any more strange or 'worthless' than a lot of other people's reaction to the news. I just can't decide what's more lame- spelling "crikey" out of players, or not having enough players to spell it in the first place.
pubba
DDR Athlete

Post by pubba »

WoW... just.. WoW..

Can these WoW freaks get any more pathetic?
Beer Belly
The Sweetest banana in the bunch
XBL ID: BeerBelly 360
PSN ID: BeerBellyAU
Steam ID: kigurai

Post by Beer Belly »

Alliance and Horde cannot "safely" meet to do anything fullstop. This is just an excuse for a massive PvP fest.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: WoW gamer proposes Irwin tribute...

Post by t0mby »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67393
Irwin to get WOW tribute (News) by Ellie Gibson

07/09/06 07:50

The inhabitants of Azeroth are set to pay a very special tribute to dead crocodile hunter Steve Irwin.

The idea came from WOW player BubbRubb, who wrote on the official forum: "I am deeply saddened by the tragic loss of Steve Irwin, as you all are I'm sure. We need to pay our respects to this man and lay his Azerothian soul to rest, so I propose a memorial service at the serene ocean front setting of the Zoram Strand.

"I would like to spell out CRIKEY with players as a tribute to his wonderous catch phrase, and then we can dance and swim in the ocean to celebrate his life instead of mourning his death," BubbRubb suggested.

Both Horde and Alliance players are invited to attend, with a specific time and date still to be set. And, er, some more people still to sign up - so far only seven people have committed, which is probably just enough to do the C.
Celebrating his life by sitting on your arse and directing your MMO character to dance and swim in the ocean. That's some tribute!
So whats his member name at PN? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

I'm holding a Steve Irwin Tribubte at lunch. I'm going to Bar 333 and I'm going to have 2 beers and a burger. I will spell out Crocodile Man in tomato sauce. Donations welcome.