Atari in trouble?

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat

Atari in trouble?

Post by Pat »

Nextgen have run two stories in the past week about the state of Infogrames (Atari's owner).

Link
Infogrames has unveiled its debt restructuring plan which essentially dilutes the value of currently held shares, while easing debt burdens through extended loan facilities.
Image The $100 million deal gives the Atari-owning French outfit some breathing space as it attempts to dig itself out of debt. Infogrames has not made a net profit since 1999.

Company boss Bruno Bonnell (pictured) has been attempting to save the company by selling off key assets, while keeping creditors at bay.

A statement from Infogrames said the new plan is designed to ensure that "the company continues operating, and give it the financial means necessary to its turnaround," the statement said.

Exane BNP Paribas analyst Brice Mari told Reuters, "What's lacking is an in-depth operating restructuring plan. What the debt restructuring plan does is allow the company to survive. There are no reasons to feel comfortable with the group's operational situation or the mid-term outlook as Infogrames has sold some of its valuable franchises and studios in recent months."
Today: Link
Infogrames Crisis Deepens as Shares Collapse
By Colin Campbell
Shares in Infogrames have sunk to a record low of 0.25 euros, following yesterday’s announced debt restructuring plan.
Image The Atari-owned group has been trading at 50 Euros just six years ago, but in that time has failed to show a profit. Yesterday’s plan involved diluting current shares and offsetting future debts, to pay current dues. The firm has been attempting to sell off IP and studios, but confidence is not high.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Couldn't happen to a nicer company.

This is what happens when you fuck your retailers in the arse every chance you get.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Ugh. I hope this doesn't affect our TDU release Acclaim style. Guess I've always got the UK import to fall back on.

The Atari curse continues.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

The only game I know Bruno Bonnell from is the intro to Le Mans 24hr on the DC. Fuck me dead that game rocked.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

The name is indeed cursed, but i never realised they haven't posted a profit since 99. That's a long time to bleed cash.
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

They were f**ked when they didn't give me an Atari T-shirt. I placed a curse on their houses for the next 10 genurashions.
Thats what you get, F**KERS! ALL I WANTED WAS 1 TEE-SHIRT! SEGA GAME ME ONE! AND YOU GAVE HARDLY NORMAL STAFF THE VERY ONE I WANTED! C**TS.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Yeah and their new Atari 7800 hardly matches up graphics-wise with other next-gen consoles.
Pat

Post by Pat »

That's because theyre not using DVD9.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

:lol
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.