Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Dead rising

Post by Froggy »

Impressions Please!

(I'm trading PGR3 and Top Spin 2 for this so I could have my mind turned on some bad impressions!)
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Im enjoying it and was enjoying it immensly yesterday.... It is a little hard until you start levelling up. I think the game has great replay value. Will give more when i play more....
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

I had no idea it was out! Anyone else getting on this, Saints Row style?
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

I plan to pick it up after work. Cant wait!

I resisted downloading the demo so its all going to be new to me.
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
Arthas

Post by Arthas »

Trust me, aint nothing new about this game.
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

Having alot of fun. But goddamnit the save system is annoying!
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Dead rising

Post by Cletus »

Froggy wrote:Impressions Please!

(I'm trading PGR3 and Top Spin 2 for this so I could have my mind turned on some bad impressions!)
My impression is that you're completely desperate if you'd trade in PGR3 for this title.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I picked up this and Star Wars today, it's going to be a great weekend :thumbsup:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I've got 10 days to pay off my layby. Xbox 360 and 2 games coming my way. I can't wait to play PGR3, from the little I've played it seems fucking awesome, in-car view for the bloody win!

I must seem so behind the times right about now...
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Not really, I busted out PGR3 earlier in this week on a whim and ended up playing single player for like 5hours :). Such a brilliant game still.

I got dead rising yesterday. I really enjoy it.. its like playing my favourite movie ever (70's dawn of the dead). The save system blows though!
*LiNNYroX*

Post by *LiNNYroX* »

Bought it last nite. Have a read through the other thread we got going about this. Played it last nite and according to the previous thread, the in-game text is friggin unreadable if you have a SDTV. I am one of those poor bastards that has yet to upgrade. But besides that, the gameplay is out of this world....................wait till you get ur hands on the lawnmower. Zombie killing heaven that!
www.iplcricketnews.com - #1 Site for all things IPL!
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

My favourite part about the lawnmower was picking it up and throwing it at the zombies :lol:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Dead rising

Post by Froggy »

Cletus wrote:
Froggy wrote:Impressions Please!

My impression is that you're completely desperate if you'd trade in PGR3 for this title.
Well I traded PGR3 in because I've completed it 100% all platinums all achievements except that buggy one and I haven't put it in my xbox for a couple of months. Add to this that we don't play it online it went, top spin 2 bored the crap out of me soon after I bought it, not up to Top Spin 1 standard.
*LiNNYroX*

Post by *LiNNYroX* »

What's this with trading your games fellas? I want to get rid of my PGR3 and Kameo. Is this something i take to EB??
www.iplcricketnews.com - #1 Site for all things IPL!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

yep, take them to EB I thought was good seeing I paid 29.95 for PGR and I think the same for tennis, I did alright getting dead rising cheap.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I'm gonna finish off Saints row, just cause and TD:unlimited before I grab dead rising. I'm guessing considering there is no live replayability i could find a second hand copy for cheap in a 2-3 weeks time.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I'm TRYING to finish Saints Row before I play DR and Lego Star Wars but I'm too scared it's going to crash again. At least Dead Risings save system is designed to work against you.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Hmmm.... gamve this game a bash today...

I love zombie fils and the RE Series, so this was a must buy for me.....

I am quite dissapointed to day the least, the aiming with a gun is awful.
And the save system is appauling.

If this was a true free roam game I would oove it but it rushes you to get done.....
the 72 hr time limit thing for me is really a turn off for thi game.... I want to explore and kill zombies with as many different weapons as I can find.
2nd place is the first loser....

Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

I really want to enjoy this games... but I can see its going to be its a frustrating game...

Which really worries me but the more time and effort I put in the more I enjoy it,

froggy if you area zombie fan you will like this game with all of it annoyances.
2nd place is the first loser....

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:I must seem so behind the times right about now...
Heh, thats how I've felt all year but now its time to play catch up and thankfully there are a few standout titles worth having without having to anxiously anticipate each single release with baited breath.

I nearly got DR last week but after reading about the SDTV probs Im glad I didnt, besides, it sounds short and completable in a day without zombies yelling 't0mby cheats'. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

lestat wrote:I'm gonna finish off Saints row, just cause and TD:unlimited before I grab dead rising. I'm guessing considering there is no live replayability i could find a second hand copy for cheap in a 2-3 weeks time.

Is Just Cause out already? Will have to pick it up ASAP if so!
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

Replica wrote:Is Just Cause out already? Will have to pick it up ASAP if so!
21st (next week) I think!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

i'm pretty sure you can free roam at some point, probably after you complete it. I love just mowing them down etc, smashing them with bats, fucking love it. I think there must be an unlockable free roaming version because why else does it ask you what mode you want to play at the start but to only offer you the one to start off with?

I was playing on a SD widescreen last night and the text was clear as crystal so not sure wtf to think? maybe it's widescreen vs normal that's the problem not HD vs SD.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

TonyT wrote:
Replica wrote:Is Just Cause out already? Will have to pick it up ASAP if so!
21st (next week) I think!
Thankyou Mr T! :)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Ok, here are some more detailed impressions, as I've spent some extended time with it on SDTV.

First of all, the text problem. Yes, it is very close to unreadable on SDTV. Unforgivable fault really, and does somewhat hinder gameplay. No game should ever be released with such an obvious flaw.

The game is very freeform. You essentially can do whatever you like for the 3 days you're in the mall.
i) Stick to the main missions - finding out about the why of the zombies?
ii) Do the side missions - recueing the survivors.
iii) Exploring the mall and items.
iv) Just mashing zombies.

Now, this game is difficult at first. No doubt. I have read that once you hit level 15-ish onwards things get a bit easier. I reckon this could be very off-putting for many players. Just finding your way through the zombies can be a challenge, which sortof means that doing activities i) and ii) are reasonable difficult to start with.

I managed to complete all of scenario 1 in the main missions, but the second confrontation with Carlito was just too tough for me at my current level.
I also found a seperate sub-boss doing the side missions, and he smashed me very quickly.
Which leads onto the save system.

The save system is extremely old-school, and seriously punishes death and careless play. It makes staying alive that much more meaningfull.
I've lost hours and hours of play because of the save system.
No dying and re-loading the save game here i'm afraid.

So, essentially there are some big reasons here that many gamers will have problems with this game.
a) The text problem.
b) The difficulty of the game itself.
c) The save system.
d) It is a freeform game that some gamers don't like.

So, the game has several flaws or problems that many people won't like. It's fair enough too. The game is punishing and uncomprimising.

Having said all of this, I love this game to bits, and I can't wait to play more. It is tough and it is freeform - two gameplay aspects I always enjoy.

BUT, as everyone has known all along, and the crucial point is:
It is a mass-zombie-killing simulator in a shopping centre!
^ If that bolded bit above is enough for you to overlook any other faults, you will enjoy this game. If not, then you might want to have a look before plonking over 100 clams.
RIGHTEOUS FURY