Dead rising

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Oh so erotica is all he asks for? I failed that right off the bat but i assumed he woulda asked for the others next :)
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Well i finished overtime and got the true ending this morning. Awesome stuff. Brock kept kicking my butt, but i finally figured out a pattern and way to beat him. Now I can focus on leveling Frank to 50 and getting some of the other achievements in my next run through. :)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

We're actually at almost the exact same spot, as I finished OT mode last night and I've only just started my third run-through.
I saw you playing OT mode last night, compared Dead Rising, saw you hadn't finished it, and the pressure was on. :D
I was racing you, even if you didn't know it. :)
The massive headstart got me over the line.

Without wanting to spoiler the endings, I found both the 72 hour mode and OT mode endings rather hollow. Although it was very much the same feeling after watching the end of many classic horror movies.

At level34 now, and I'm actually really enjoying and looking ahead more to this current run through 72 hour mode. Now I have a HDTV, so I can read it, and aside from getting to the level 2 scenarios to open up the entrance plaza/paradise plaza gate, I don't plan on doing the scenarios this time (although I will in a future runthrough).

Really focussing on saving survivors this time, and farming some easy acheivements.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I was a bit disappointed with the true ending too... I didn't have much trouble with the military guy (Brock was his name was it?) I just used the double lariat and he was down after a couple of em'. Mind you I was at lv50 already so that could have helped.

I'm surprised at how much I've been playing this though, I was off sick for most of last week, and one of the days I just sat down (after just playing it here and there for the first week or two of owning it) and beat it through completely hehe. I've gone through another time since to get the genocider achievement also, and I still managed to complete the main story so I could get the Hella Copter achievement too :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

lol I didn't know that. Yeah i was stuck on brock last night. I was kinda tired from the day out and i just couldn't get over the line. So i crashed. Interesting enough i got up this morning a little early and thought i'll give him another go before work and got him. It's amazing what a good night of sleep can do for your focus. :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to my next run though. Just because I'm so familiar with the environment and boses now. So I can muck around more. Not to mention having Frank levelled up a bit makes it so much more easier and satisfying, I love suplexing zombies :D. So i can get a lot more of those other wacky achievements now.

i know what you mean with the endings, they were kinda hollow, but all the other cinematics and story throughout the game were really interesting and well done. I especially liked the whole brock ending part too, I want a playable brock!
I was a bit disappointed with the true ending too... I didn't have much trouble with the military guy (Brock was his name was it?) I just used the double lariat and he was down after a couple of em'. Mind you I was at lv50 already so that could have helped.
Yeah i was using the lariat move but it was useless on him, but then again my attack and speed power isn't maxed out yet. So probably the greater attack power gets through his blocks more. So i had to use another way.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

What I really like about this third play through is the orange prisoner overalls with the big blue megaman boots. I look PIMP!
The boots make the coolest sound effect too.

The trick with Brock is exploiting the AI with jump. ;)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

[Click to see hidden content]
Yeah with brock i just found if I kept my distance, he would like the throw a kick and straight out of the kick he would charge, i would then just step to side and come around the back and hit him. He's pretty much open for 1-2 hits at that point. But once you get him dow to 25% health he'll back off attacking, then i just proceed to do a jump kick and landing roundhouse, retreat and repeat. He'll block most of the hits but he still looses a bit of health each time he blocks.
Yeah i love the megaman boots too. Any tips guys on taking out the convicts in that jeep?
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

I have the overalls but where do you get the megaman boots?

For the guys in the jeep I just use the machine gun (blue ledge near the security room). Get reasonably close behind them and behind a big tree then when ur ready pop out and just shoot the guy on the back until he dies, then try and take out the driver . Stealing the machine gun off the back after you take out the gunner is fun too :)
Last edited by Kabal on 16 Oct 2006 02:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

The boots are in security room area. On the other side of the vent exit. You'll see some shopping bags on the ground, just walk up to one of them and they will be the megaman boots.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

lestat wrote:
Yeah i love the megaman boots too. Any tips guys on taking out the convicts in that jeep?
The jump sound with them is great too :D

For the convicts, I found that you could lure them into a spot where they will crash heaps (ie groups of trees) and then going to town on the gunner with something like a mini-chainsaw, chainsaw or katana then just pinch the heavy machine gun from the back and if you pop either of the other guys twice or something they're dead.

The other way I do it which is pretty easy, is grabbing the red car and just ramming the back/side whatever and usually if you hit them square enough it'll kill one of them outright, which is why I usually aim for the back,and then just kill the rest with the gun :)
lestat wrote:The boots are in security room area. On the other side of the vent exit. You'll see some shopping bags on the ground, just walk up to one of them and they will be the megaman boots.
I think you have to do somethign special to get them initially though, like one of the achievements activates them after you finish up the game that you got the achievement in, it'll say 'Megaman boots unlocked'.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Looks like you have to solve all the cases and get the true ending to get megaman boots:

http://www.fraggerock.com/index.php/200 ... ad-rising/
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Started a completely new 72-hour mode game last night at Level 48. Watching all of the cut scenes and fully following through the main story again and also doing whatever side quests I have time for along the way.

This is my 2nd serious play through 72 hour mode, although I have started about 4-5 times for various acheivement farming, stuffing around, killing psychos and saving survivors.

Death scenes for survivors rock.

At L48, was totally carving stuff up. Did all of the main story quick as, still have 8 hours (game time – so about 40-45 mins of real time) till the next main storyline stuff. Already in the free time I have grabbed all the books I need, two mini-chainsaws (off Adam the xlown), the maintenance key, opened the shortcut and saved a bunch of survivors.

Before the next stint of main storyline, hoping to kill two Psychos (Cliff and Cletus), and get the bike jumping achievement. This game is such an awesome buzz.

I have 600/1000 achievement points from the game, so I’m hoping to get that up over 700/1000 before I shift my focus back to Test Drive Unlimited.
RIGHTEOUS FURY