Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

New Motorstorm Screenshots

Post by mxlegend99 »

http://www.playfrance.com/news-images-m ... voile.html

Well, looks like i won't need a PS3. This was the one game that was exclusive that interested me... unless it's the best gameplay ever, i think i can wait till PS3 is cheaper and this is a bargain bin game.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

looks too soft, looks like the texture detail has taken a big hit. It would look awesome if it had some nice detailed textures.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

There's still time. But considering it's not progressive forward... i'm very doubtful. It looks worse each time i see new screenshots.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

This was the one game that was exclusive that interested me
That's because you have shit taste in games Mr. Tony Hawk. What's next, people being interested in the 360 purely for Prey? :o
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

that's just first gen software for ya. At times i look at pgr3 and think to myself what could of been had the guys had more time to get the most out of the hardware. They also really should of put AF filtering on the road as priority, it would make such a huge difference.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

No, it's because Xbox 360 already has all the good games. Sony's exclusives this time around aren't exactly all that hot. Other then shit like MGS4, the only exclusives are first party. Microsoft has better first party alternatives in most cases.

Halo > Killzone
Forza > Gran Turismo etc.
van

Post by van »

Forza better than Gran Turismo? I admit I've never played Forza so I can't definitively say, but goddamn Forza must be the greatest racing simulator of all time if it's better than the GT series.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

If it were 60fps, i don't think anyone could have faulted it at all. Given Forza 2 will be 60fps, it should be perfect in nearly every way.

And Gran Turismo 4 wasn't really that hard to beat anyway IMO. Such a boring game compared to Forza.
Ambrose Burnside

Mxlogic99 wrote:I just saw some screenshots of FFXI and the X-Men 3 game. Looks like I won't need a 360 :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Nice try. Would be better if they were games that Microsoft were actually trying to pimp.

Troll am fail Ambrose.
Ambrose Burnside

Sony aren't allowed to "pimp" a game they made?

Oh dear.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

You completed all 34 Driving Missions? Damn, man, that's impressive. My hat's off to you, those things are hard as nails.

Personally I still have 9 to go, plus a whole heap of licence tests that need to go from bronze/silver into gold, so I can get my last 4 cars. Only have 726 of the 730.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
That's because you have shit taste in games Mr. Tony Hawk. What's next, people being interested in the 360 purely for Prey? :o
:cry:

Motorstorm looks ok though. Could be the Smuggler's Run of the PS3.
Ambrose Burnside

Pat wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:
:cry:

Motorstorm looks ok though. Could be the Smuggler's Run of the PS3.
Smuggler's Run was meant to be cool, Motorstorm might be too. But the only reason to buy a PS3? Fuck off, that's some shit taste in gaming right there.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Sony aren't allowed to "pimp" a game they made?

Oh dear.
Given it's one of the few exclusives that interested me... and it's not exactly impressive at all. I've got genuine reason for not being interested in the PS3 currently. You seem to think that's the same as a few third party ports for Xbox 360 not being any good.

When Sony have some good exclusives... i will get a PS3. Given GTA4 isn't exclusive... it will take more then one or two to seal the deal for me. At $1,000, Sony would want some actual decent launch titles.
Ambrose Burnside

mxlegend99 wrote:

Oh dear.
Given it's one of the few exclusives that interested me... and it's not exactly impressive at all. I've got genuine reason for not being interested in the PS3 currently. You seem to think that's the same as a few third party ports for Xbox 360 not being any good.

When Sony have some good exclusives... i will get a PS3. Given GTA4 isn't exclusive... it will take more then one or two to seal the deal for me. At $1,000, Sony would want some actual decent launch titles.
The only good 360 exlusive I can think of is PGR3. Maybe that platformer I can't remember the name of. The rest are PC ports :oops:

If Motorstorm is the only PS3 game that interests you, you clearly have a shit taste in games.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:

Oh dear.

The only good 360 exlusive I can think of is PGR3. Maybe that platformer I can't remember the name of. The rest are PC ports :oops:

If Motorstorm is the only PS3 game that interests you, you clearly have a shit taste in games.
No, in having an Xbox 360 already, i clearly have a large enough variety of games to wait till PS3 actually has some decent games :oops:

Given the best games coming out on PS3 at launch will be games like Fight Night 3, Oblivion, GR:AW etc. there is no need for grab a PS3. Especially not at $999.

:fight
$999 for the same shit everyone else has been playing for over a year. :fight
Ambrose Burnside

So it's the price you don't like, not the games. I'm glad it only took a couple of pages for you to figure it out and in the process you didn't completely succumb to the rage within. :up:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:So it's the price you don't like, not the games. I'm glad it only took a couple of pages for you to figure it out and in the process you didn't completely succumb to the rage within. :up:
I don't like either. The PS3 is primarily consisting of stuff the Xbox 360 already has... at a much heftier price tag. Anything that's exclusive... is either shit... or there's a better/equal alternative on the Xbox 360.
Ambrose Burnside

mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:So it's the price you don't like, not the games. I'm glad it only took a couple of pages for you to figure it out and in the process you didn't completely succumb to the rage within. :up:
I don't like either. The PS3 is primarily consisting of stuff the Xbox 360 already has... at a much heftier price tag. Anything that's exclusive... is either shit... or there's a better/equal alternative on the Xbox 360.
Assassin's Creed doesn't look crap. Neither does the Untitled Naughty Dog Project. I hope Warhawk utilizes the motion sensing well, E3 impressions were positive. Metal Gear Solid 4 will win GOTY in whatever year it's released.

Complaining about the price I can understand, but the games? My point about your taste remains valid :fight
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Assisins' Creed is comming to 360/pc now too, no longer exclusive, it was actually shown at e3 running on a 360.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
Assassin's Creed doesn't look crap. Neither does the Untitled Naughty Dog Project. I hope Warhawk utilizes the motion sensing well, E3 impressions were positive. Metal Gear Solid 4 will win GOTY in whatever year it's released.

Complaining about the price I can understand, but the games? My point about your taste remains valid :fight
Assassings Creed is going to be multi-platform. Metal Gear Solid 4 is several years away, surely. Untitled Naughty Dog project did look kind of cool, but Warhawk doesn't interest me in the slightest. At launch, what games will be out?
Of those... 2 of them might make exclusive launch titles... given Warhawk doesn't interest me... and Naught Dogs game is yet to even be named... that's still no reason to get the console at launch.

edit
I'm ofcourse assuming that the unnamed project won't be ready for launch... given it's unnamed and all.
Last edited by mxlegend99 on 05 Jul 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambrose Burnside

lestat wrote:Assisins' Creed is comming to 360/pc now too, no longer exclusive, it was actually shown at e3 running on a 360.
Really? That doesn't seem to be mentioned on the official site?
Ambrose Burnside

mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:I don't like either. The PS3 is primarily consisting of stuff the Xbox 360 already has... at a much heftier price tag. Anything that's exclusive... is either shit... or there's a better/equal alternative on the Xbox 360.

Assassings Creed is going to be multi-platform. Metal Gear Solid 4 is several years away, surely. Untitled Naughty Dog project did look kind of cool, but Warhawk doesn't interest me in the slightest. At launch, what games will be out?
Of those... 2 of them might make exclusive launch titles... given Warhawk doesn't interest me... and Naught Dogs game is yet to even be named... that's still no reason to get the console at launch.

edit
I'm ofcourse assuming that the unnamed project won't be ready for launch... given it's unnamed and all.
You seem surprised there is a lack of "ZOMG WTF AAA GOTY" games at a PlayStation console launch. Please tell me this isn't true.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote: Assassin's Creed doesn't look crap. Neither does the Untitled Naughty Dog Project. I hope Warhawk utilizes the motion sensing well, E3 impressions were positive. Metal Gear Solid 4 will win GOTY in whatever year it's released.

edit
You seem surprised there is a lack of "ZOMG WTF AAA GOTY" games at a PlayStation console launch. Please tell me this isn't true.
If you agree, then why would you have an issue with me not being able to justify $999 for a launch console with no games to backup the price :shock: