New Motorstorm Screenshots

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I actualy don't think these screens look that bad, these devs are famous for having 60fps in the final build of their games and these screens + several months to build on these graphics + 60fps could be a really really fun racer.

I love arcadey games like this so I'm still reserving judgement, the only super uglyfactor in these screens is the mud splatter on the car in the first pic and there's allways time to work on assets like that.

Also I might be mistaken but arn't these shots only new releases, not so much new? Like, they seem to just be decent captures from the E3 build (exact same everything that was at E3 only no direct captures were released at the time like this).
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

wasn't motorstorm confirmed to be 30fps for release?
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Assassings Creed is going to be multi-platform. Metal Gear Solid 4 is several years away, surely. Untitled Naughty Dog project did look kind of cool, but Warhawk doesn't interest me in the slightest. At launch, what games will be out?
Of those... 2 of them might make exclusive launch titles... given Warhawk doesn't interest me... and Naught Dogs game is yet to even be named... that's still no reason to get the console at launch.

edit
I'm ofcourse assuming that the unnamed project won't be ready for launch... given it's unnamed and all.
You seem surprised there is a lack of "ZOMG WTF AAA GOTY" games at a PlayStation console launch. Please tell me this isn't true.
If you agree, then why would you have an issue with me not being able to justify $999 for a launch console with no games to backup the price :shock:
Because of your ridiculous statement that you'll wait until this game is in the bargin bin before buying a PS3, and your hate for all other PS3 games.

Worst. Taste. Ever.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sonic Jam wrote:[damage control]I actualy don't think these screens look that bad, these devs are famous for having 60fps in the final build of their games and these screens + several months to build on these graphics + 60fps could be a really really fun racer.

I love arcadey games like this so I'm still reserving judgement, the only super uglyfactor in these screens is the mud splatter on the car in the first pic and there's allways time to work on assets like that.[/damage control]
Fixed :P

The screens are looking considerably worse each time a new batch releases. The Xbox 360 could easily achieve this... at one point, MotorStorm was looking fucking awesome. Now... it's meh. Compare it to:

I remember everyone talking about how it was realtime and trying to prove so by pointing out the most minor flaws in the trailer. :lol:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote: You seem surprised there is a lack of "ZOMG WTF AAA GOTY" games at a PlayStation console launch. Please tell me this isn't true.
If you agree, then why would you have an issue with me not being able to justify $999 for a launch console with no games to backup the price :shock:
Because of your ridiculous statement that you'll wait until this game is in the bargin bin before buying a PS3, and your hate for all other PS3 games.

Worst. Taste. Ever.
Hate for other PS3 games? Or just not sold on a console that has no exclusives that are worthwhile hitting near launch?

Worst taste ever? To each his own. I'm happy with my Xbox 360 that will have Forza 2 and Halo 3 by the time PS3 has MGS4 and GT5. When PS3 has some great games... i will buy it. By then it might be worth the price it's at.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:[damage control]I actualy don't think these screens look that bad, these devs are famous for having 60fps in the final build of their games and these screens + several months to build on these graphics + 60fps could be a really really fun racer.

I love arcadey games like this so I'm still reserving judgement, the only super uglyfactor in these screens is the mud splatter on the car in the first pic and there's allways time to work on assets like that.[/damage control]
Fixed :P

The screens are looking considerably worse each time a new batch releases. The Xbox 360 could easily achieve this... at one point, MotorStorm was looking fucking awesome. Now... it's meh. Compare it to:

I remember everyone talking about how it was realtime and trying to prove so by pointing out the most minor flaws in the trailer. :lol:
It's not damage control, I have everything to gain by hoping games turn out good and nothing to gain by assuming they will be arse when they launch in many months after alot of promising concepts and some not so bad screenshots.

Lestat: I don't think so, it was confirmed 30 at E3 but the devs have a track record of releasing the final build of their racers at 60.

MX: Are you really going to only be happy if they match that picture you posted? Cos that's probably impossible on both next gen consoles, even if you like combined them to run some super SLI console. As for being possible on 360 who knows, what if in motion it has the greatest physics of all time? This many months from release I don't see how you can just straight up judge a game based off a few stills from a now 2 month old build. I wouldn't be surprised if everything released on 360 and PS3 over the first ~3 years was possible on both systems though - That's just how console generations work.
Ambrose Burnside

Yeah, but Sony aren't allowed to produce fake videos/screenshots.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

MX: Are you really going to only be happy if they match that picture you posted? Cos that's probably impossible on both next gen consoles, even if you like combined them to run some super SLI console.
It's impossible to have them look like the CGI videos they used to fool people in 2005 year. But if they can't even come close, they shouldn't be so misleading with promotional videos.
As for being possible on 360 who knows, what if in motion it has the greatest physics of all time?
LMFAO, have you seen the videos? The physics don't look any better then any other decent game to release. The most impressive things are the mud tracks and them effecting handling. Definitely possible on a 360. LOL.
This many months from release I don't see how you can just straight up judge a game based off a few stills from a now 2 month old build. I wouldn't be surprised if everything released on 360 and PS3 over the first ~3 years was possible on both systems though - That's just how console generations work.
It shouldn't be looking worse as it progressed closer to launch though. It should be getting better. This looks worse then PDZ. And i expect graphics from the PS3 as being on par with the Xbox 360, to looking considerably better (it is afterall, a year after release by the time PS3 comes out)
Last edited by mxlegend99 on 05 Jul 2006 01:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Yeah, but Sony aren't allowed to produce fake videos/screenshots.
If they want to create target renders, they don't need to copy EA/Activisions theory of trying to pull stuff off as gameplay/what to expect from gameplay.

The worst MS have done is with Forza 2... and that wasn't trying to be pulled of as gameplay... it was just a cool trailer. At the least, they could admit they are CGI and in no way, will the final product look close to being that good.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

It definitely is NOT worse than PDZ, and it definitely IS looking better than it has ever looked before - Since these are the first non CGI properly released screenshots yeah? Plus if I'm correct they are months old now allready (E3 build).

And about the physics, I said what if... You can't tell this stuff from screenshots like these, I dunno why you took that point so seriously with the LMFAOing and the LOLing, it's not like I suggested you can't have a buggy and motorbike game on the 360 or something.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

LMFAO, this place already feels like PlayNow did when everyone wasn't banned. :)

It is just as bad as PDZ was. Shitty resolution textures with overdone effects to compensate for them.

I don't really care if you agree or not. I'm just happy things here are like they used to be there :D

edit
Oh, and i was referring to the gameplay videos regarding physics. If there was a lot going on under the engine, it was far from impressive.
Ambrose Burnside

First it's worse than PDZ, now it's the same, another post from Mx and it'll be better :up:

By the end of the day it'll be GOTY :up:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:First it's worse than PDZ, now it's the same, another post from Mx and it'll be better :up:

By the end of the day it'll be GOTY :up:
Same problems. Only no redeeming features (unlike PDZ that had some awesome bumpmapping/lighting etc.). Hence worse.

Trolling am failed. Once again :fight
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Dude I dunno how much time you have put in with PDZ, but having nothing else to play over last christmas and a fresh 360 I felt compelled to make the most of my expensive purchase and played the turd.

If graphics were weapons and the two games had a fight, this game would whipout a chainsaw gun like in GoW an d cut PDZ into jiblets while PDZ had nothing but a bb gun.
Ambrose Burnside

Sonic Jam wrote:Dude I dunno how much time you have put in with PDZ, but having nothing else to play over last christmas and a fresh 360 I felt compelled to make the most of my expensive purchase and played the turd.

If graphics were weapons and the two games had a fight, this game would whipout a chainsaw gun like in GoW an d cut PDZ into jiblets while PDZ had nothing but a bb gun.
:laugh: :fight
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sonic Jam wrote:Dude I dunno how much time you have put in with PDZ, but having nothing else to play over last christmas and a fresh 360 I felt compelled to make the most of my expensive purchase and played the turd.

Keep dreaming. :lol: This game is not looking technically impressive at all really. PDZ had areas it looked shit, but it had plenty of areas that looked awesome. Specifically when lighting came into play at night.

I didn't play a lot of it, as the game itself sucked. But more then enought o be able to tell it looks better then this does.
Ambrose Burnside wrote:

:laugh: :fight
Pity he's talking out his ass on the subject :fight
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

You smokin the ganja MX.

This game isn't super impressive by any means, but it isn't the trainwreck that is PDZ.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

My concern still is a lot of ps3 games look limited to 256mb of vram, the whole split bank memory crap is gonna mean a lot of first gen games have shit textures. Over time developers will probably learn to stream form XDR. I don't we'll see anything truely mind blowing at launch for ps3, the good stuff will come 2007. Which I hope price drop comes with it, when the 360 drops it's price too.

But atleast things aren't as fucked up as the ps2, we atleast will get some decent image quality, not fucking massive eye stabbing jaggies like what a lot of ps2 games at launch had.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sonic Jam wrote:You smokin the ganja MX.

This game isn't super impressive by any means, but it isn't the trainwreck that is PDZ.
No, i'm just not trying to build up the game because it's on PS3. Look at the particle effects :lol: Or the sparks. Or the textures. Outside of decent models, there's not one redeeming feature. PDZ atleast had way better lighting, and some decent bumpmapping.
Ambrose Burnside

Talking about jaggies, my local Target recently had roughly 1 million copies of Ridge Racer V on the shelf for $60 :shock:
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

In the end, like allways, a discussion with you goes nowhere.

PDZ > All fo sho people! I'm out of this one.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

$60 for RR on PS2? Isn't that a platinum game by now? Platinum games are going for $29.95 now i thought?
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sonic Jam wrote:In the end, like allways, a discussion with you goes nowhere.

PDZ > All fo sho people! I'm out of this one.

No, i just feel that has more redeeming qualities then MotorStorm does. Both look shit, but atleast it has some redeeming qualities. :roll:

PDZ was a shit game, and i never said it wasn't. I never said it didn't look shit either. Way to miss the point :roll:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

what the hell are they going to do with a 1 million copies of a launch game that was a really bad pal port, massive borders and extremely overpriced. Speaking of RR, anyone see those psp pics of ridge racers 2. Looks exactly like the first pixel for pixel, namco is letting themselves go big time.

PD0 has some nice parallax maps and the gun models i thought were excellent, besides that it was mostly meh. Kameo on the other hand, looks sensational, you feel like your playing a pixar movie.
Ambrose Burnside

Kameo! That's the platformer I couldn't remember the name of :P