New Motorstorm Screenshots

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Kameo is amazing, it's hard to think of that game coming from the same dev as PDZ.

I maintain what I said but I cbf arguing anymore MX, it's obvious our discussion is never going to get anywhere other than me saying that MS looks better than PDZ and you saying PDZ looks better.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Sonic Jam wrote:Kameo is amazing, it's hard to think of that game coming from the same dev as PDZ.
Indeed. Such a great looking game.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sonic Jam wrote:Kameo is amazing, it's hard to think of that game coming from the same dev as PDZ.

I maintain what I said but I cbf arguing anymore MX, it's obvious our discussion is never going to get anywhere other than me saying that MS looks better than PDZ and you saying PDZ looks better.
To each his own. I have no idea how anyone could think that MS looks better from what we've seen so far. But whatever. The discussion had plenty to go... theres screenshot comparisons, then video comparisons... :P

Also, regarding both games... they were ports from older consoles... so neither were as good as they would have been if they were built from the ground up on 360. That's Rare for you, almost missing an entire generation completely.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Kameo is actualy a Gamecube game (possibly n64? But no released media on that unlike the cube version) but you can't really call it a port, the dev cycle was so ridiculously long and it was bumped to 360 VERY shortly after they were quired by MS (There was ~1 demonstration of an XBOX version and it was pretty much the cube version with fur).

It's an amazing looking game even by 360's standards imo, perfectly stable framerate tons of effects huge worlds, and some ridiculous ammount of years spent working on the art in the game so they are all very high res and detailed.

Edit - Also judging by the length and ammount of polish and quality in PDZ, I'm almost tempted to call RARE liars if they claimed it was a port, the game was clearly not even close to being half finished and I'm not even talking about graphics :P
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Both were not complete when ported from last-gen to this gen. I don't mean port in the sense of porting an existing game to a new console, more porting a WIP to a new console. So the code etc. was written for last-gen.

Kameo did come out quiet impressively considering. It's a pity it's not a bigger seller then it is.
Ambrose Burnside

It didn't sell because people like you have shit taste in games and so they buy the latest Tony Hawk port instead.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

I hate to say it but when he's right he's right.

Tony Hawk fans are indeed to blame for the poor sales of Kameo.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I think PD0 went through a far bumpier dev cycle, lead programmers/designers left and with it a nice mess. there were some interesting posts on fatbabies or the other game dev site about the mess and problems pd0 suffered over the years. Kameo i think was delayed but probably didn't suffer the same set backs as pd0 did. Pd0 could of been a great game, having like sonic played through it, i could see a lot of ideas just poorly executed, had they focused on a core set of ideas and polished it, the game would of been great.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:It didn't sell because people like you have shit taste in games and so they buy the latest Tony Hawk port instead.
Wow, nice attempt at an attack. Pity i have the game though :roll: :fight Along with about 15 others on Xbox 360. Which is more then you can say, i'm sure.

Nice attempt once again Ambrose. You're being pissweak. Trying to insult me for liking the Tony Hawk games. :roll: You really suck at insults/trolling dude.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Wait so you own 16 360 games currently and you can't find anything that interests you on the PS3?

And here I thought it was just that your standards were too high :lol:
Ambrose Burnside

Sonic Jam wrote:Wait so you own 16 360 games currently and you can't find anything that interests you on the PS3?

Nah, his standards are OK, it's just that he doesn't mind ports when they're on the 360.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

I own from memory:
Oblivion, Amped 3, Fight Night 3, Madden 2006, Tiger Woods 2006, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham 3, NBA Live 2006, NBA 2k6, Gun, Tony Hawk American Wasteland, NHL 2k6, Blazing Angels and Far Cry Predator.

I might have a couple more. No, i didn't pay for them all. I get free promotional games at work. Which is pretty much all the Ubisoft/Take 2/EA games.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:Wait so you own 16 360 games currently and you can't find anything that interests you on the PS3?

Nah, his standards are OK, it's just that he doesn't mind ports when they're on the 360.
Yet again more weak trolling. It's just a shame the games i actually talk up on 360 aren't ports to support your theory. :wink:
Ambrose Burnside

What games for 360 do you talk up? Halo 3 and Forza 2? So why did you buy a 360 at launch again?
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:What games for 360 do you talk up? Halo 3 and Forza 2? So why did you buy a 360 at launch again?
Actually, if you care to remember the only games i've ever really talked up to any degree are Fight Night Round 3, Oblivion and Project Gotham Racing 3. That was over at PlayNow though.

Uninformed trolling ftl.

edit
I may talk up those 2 games when there's something more solid then the fact they exist.
Ambrose Burnside

mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:

Yet again more weak trolling. It's just a shame the games i actually talk up on 360 aren't ports to support your theory. :wink:
Fight Night Round 3
Oblivion

:fight
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sorry to break it to you, but neither are ports. Fight Night Rd 3 was created for Xbox 360 and Oblivion was created for PC/Xbox 360 simultaneously.

Try harder.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Judging by performance I'd say the 360 version of Oblivion is a port, yes it was released at the same time but I think if it was infact built ground up in any way for the 360 it would run alot better.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Actually, nearly every 360 launch game had similar framerate issues. No doubt relative to many developers struggling with using multiple cores efficiently, or just failing to use them at all.

They were created along side each other. Neither is a port of the other. With Fight Night Round 3, the PS3 version will be the port (probably enhanced though, given the extra 7 or 8 months dec time).
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Oblivion isn't a launch game.

Edit - To go even further, I disagree that even the launch games had similar issues, RR6 60fps perfect, PGR3 30fps perfect, Kameo 30fps perfect, PDZ framerate fuckups galore, CoD2 60fps with slowdown.

Now you take Oblivion, released a bunch of months post launch, it has really poor texture filtering issues, runs at 20fps almost all the time with huge ammounts of slowdown in towns and loading chugs when outdoors, the only time it's particularly smooth is inside houses and oblivion gates.

I love this game to death, one day I'm gonna finish the single player (who knows when though) and for now I have every single achievement possible without doing the single player, but there's no denying it runs pretty bad and has issues.. I really find it hard to beleive that they didn't code the PC version and port it all to 360 as they went along.
Last edited by Sonic Jam on 05 Jul 2006 02:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Was for Australia. I live in Australia and got it at launch.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

mxlegend99 wrote:Was for Australia. I live in Australia and got it at launch.
But you're not talking about australia, you're talking about launch games for a console and determining stuff based on development schedules not allowing them to implement multi threading etc.

You can't have it both ways MX, read my updated post and get back to me.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sonic Jam wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Was for Australia. I live in Australia and got it at launch.
But you're not talking about australia, you're talking about launch games for a console and determining stuff based on development schedules not allowing them to implement multi threading etc.

You can't have it both ways MX, read my updated post and get back to me.
First, it was a launch game. I got it at launch, other countries are irrelevant to me. Second, it's only 3 months after launch anywhere else anywhere. 3 months is not that much extra time to iron out bugs.

Also, your point is irrelevant when it doesn't run flawlessly on any hardware. With the size of the game it's obviously not going to run perfectly. Look at GTA, it was designed from the ground up around consoles, was PS2 exclusive and ran like shit.

For a PC to run Oblivion at a steady framerate, it has to be a beat with shitloads more RAM then an Xbox 360.

They were created alongside each other... i'm sure that was even stated while it was being created.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Infact, the Xbox 360 version allowed both AA and HDR at the same time. The 360 version required a crack to have the same feature. Obviously it was designed around the 360 hardware as much if not more then PC hardware. :)
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

First, it was a launch game. I got it at launch, other countries are irrelevant to me. Second, it's only 3 months after launch anywhere else anywhere. 3 months is not that much extra time to iron out bugs. .
This goes directly against you talking about developers not having time to implement multi threading because they were launch games, the excuse holds true for ACTUAL LAUNCH GAMES, but late march this year is a far cry from a rushed launch game, MX, and it's more than 3 months if you think about it for a few seconds.
Also, your point is irrelevant when it doesn't run flawlessly on any hardware. With the size of the game it's obviously not going to run perfectly. Look at GTA, it was designed from the ground up around consoles, was PS2 exclusive and ran like shit.
My point makes perfect sense, the game is running at an equivilent rate to stuff like the Prey port, though you could say it's even worse than the Prey port, which would indicate it wasn't built for the 360 and the PC as two different games, but infact built for the PC and at the exact same time ported to the 360 as development progressed to keep them at the same launch date.
For a PC to run Oblivion at a steady framerate, it has to be a beat with shitloads more RAM then an Xbox 360.
Yeah and PC's use alot of ram on useless shit, what's your point? That the PC platform isn't streamlined for games? Well duh, it has been that way forever where consoles with ridiculously small ammounts of ram by comparison can run stuff that PC's run.
They were created alongside each other... i'm sure that was even stated while it was being created.
I'd beleive they had the same development cycle, but I don't for a second beleive that they built the entire game ground up for the 360, that's just lunacy.