Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Excite Truck has MUD RACING... FOR 2 PLAYERS ONLY? :evil:

Post by Talez »

We also have dorifto confirmed!

Launch day I'm going to be getting me some SUPER AIR!
Last edited by Talez on 20 Sep 2006 09:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

FUCKING HOT.

Reminds me a lot of Outrun 2, Rollcage and a bit of Burnout. Damnit, that might've just sold me on a Wii.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

wow, I'm excited.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Looking like it could be a lot of fun! It'll go onto my list of pre-ordered games... :up: It seems like the wii launch is pretty strong with some quality looking titles.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

The 360 launch absolutely slaughters this pathetic launch. So many better titles.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

That's your opinion Mech :D , but i like what i see so far at launch for the wii! :up: Let's just hope that when the PS3 finally launches down under in March (i hope) it has a better launch line up than what they're delivering to the US/JPN...
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

mech wrote:The 360 launch absolutely slaughters this pathetic launch. So many better titles.
Huh?, The Wii is looking to have a brilliant launch line-up! (especially for a Nintendo system) :lol:. In Japan, they also get Pokemon Battle & Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for their launch day.

WII LAUNCH LINE-UP

- Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

- Wii Sports

- Excite Truck

- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

- Red Steel

- Rayman Raving Rabbits

- Elebits

- Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

- Call Of Duty 3

- Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam

- Far Cry: Vengeance

- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent

- Madden NFL 2007

- Need 4 Speed: Carbon

- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

- Wii Play

- Open Season

- Monster 4x4: World Circuit

- Blazing Angels: Squadrons Of WWII

- GT Pro Series

- Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2

- Rapala Tournament Fishing

- World Series Of Poker

- Disney’s Cars

- SpongeBob SquarePants Creature from the Krusty Krab

Sure there's some crap in that list (just like the 360's), but no way would it "slaughter" the "pathetic" Wii. Both have their good and bad, and lets not forget MS delayed the 360 until the following year, so even then, MS were able to beef up the Aussie line-up.

XBOX 360 LAUNCH LINE-UP

- Condemned

- Kameo

- King Kong

- Tony Hawk

- Blazing Angels Squadrons of WW2

- Fight Night

- PGR3

- Full Auto Burnout Revenge

- NFS MW

- Ridge Racer

- Oblivion the Elder Scrolls 4

- Call of Duty 2

- GRAW

- PD0

- Quake4

- The Outfit

- Amped 3

- Football Manager 2006

- Madden 2006

- NBA Live 2006

- Tiger Woods PGA 2006
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Oh fucking jesus. Now they're going to have a holy war on an entirely subjective topic.

I blame you, mech since Rocco is too retarded to stay away from any baiting or criticism.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

It's funny how mech is using the 360 launch title catalogue as an argument, considering he criticised it quite a bit way back and only grabbed kameo on launch from memory.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

lestat wrote:It's funny how mech is using the 360 launch title catalogue as an argument, considering he criticised it quite a bit way back and only grabbed kameo on launch from memory.
Just because he thinks the 360 launch was better than the Wii launch doesn't mean he considers the 360 launch any good :P
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Mech wrote: The 360 launch absolutely slaughters this pathetic launch. So many better titles.
I don't know Talez, kinda not getting that vibe from what he wrote.

And I think the wii launch list looks pretty good, especially for a system that had a predecessor with poor 3rd party support.
mech

Post by mech »

lestat wrote:It's funny how mech is using the 360 launch title catalogue as an argument, considering he criticised it quite a bit way back and only grabbed kameo on launch from memory.
Yeah. I was wrong. Not sure if our launch had different titles or what, but what it did launch with was very strong. Amped 3, Burnout Revenge, CoD2, Kameo, PGR3, Fight Night Round 3 and maybe even Madden are all games which I would count as stand-out titles. Many games were much stronger than I thought they'd be, although there was still no stand-out title like on previous launches (perhaps why I was so harsh). I bought Kameo and Amped 3 on launch and loved them. Severely regretted not picking up Burnout Revenge for $75, but got it for that price later on and it is awesome. PGR3 is another title that I'm considering picking up after Burnout. It kind of reminds me of the PSP launch, lots of strong titles at the start to keep going back to, but a bit of a gap before the next wave of excellent titles arrived. Not so bad for us here in Australia though because of the delayed launch.

FWIW, Mr Biffo in Edge said the same thing, that he'd severely underestimated the 360's launch at the time.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong with the Wii's launch, but I doubt it. Of the titles Rocco mentions, the ones I'm interested in are Excite Truck, Zelda, and possible Rayman. A lot of the other titles are inferior ports of other sytems' titles (unlike 360 where many were the best available), and others are basically just cut down games or mini-games (which Rayman is too actually, but I've heard a lot of good buzz about it). Zelda, probably the strongest launch title, is just a Gamecube port ffs, looking IDENTICAL.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I agree with mech on this one, the x360 has a much better lineup. But ppl arent buying the wii for the best versions of anything, this launch is all bout the wiimote/nunchuk. Leave him alone, he's not very positive bout wat the wiimote will be but who are we too change his mind - he's stated his opinion on it many times. I for one am not here to have the same arguement from 3 months ago.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i vote mech's initial post in this thread as one of the greatest trolls ever to have been made

just LOOK at that response! i take off my hat in appreciation for the style and flair with which it was posted.

Image*

*image does not represent actual poster
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
mech

Post by mech »

BOOMY wrote:I agree with mech on this one, the x360 has a much better lineup. But ppl arent buying the wii for the best versions of anything, this launch is all bout the wiimote/nunchuk. Leave him alone, he's not very positive bout wat the wiimote will be but who are we too change his mind - he's stated his opinion on it many times. I for one am not here to have the same arguement from 3 months ago.
The problem is for most regular games, the Wii-mote/nun-chuck peripherals just aren't the best control method. The Wii needs new games that really take advantage of the controller. Stuff like Excite Truck, Wii Sports, and even Rayman I think...
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

mech wrote:The problem is for most regular games, the Wii-mote/nun-chuck peripherals just aren't the best control method.
That's why they have the classic shell snapon.
mech

Post by mech »

:roll: and Boomy was talking about the Wii being all about the Wii-mote and the Nun-chuck ffs.

I'm just saying, a lot of these launch titles are not only graphically inferior, but they're trying to put a square block through a round hole; the Wii-mote is just not suited for the game-type. Some games work okay but not great, like Red Steel, but what's the point?

I imagine it'll turn out like the DS; lacklustre launch, great games to follow.

The popularity of the Wii among the masses pre-launch has taken a lot of 3rd parties by surprise, so I'm not hugely surprised the game line-up isn't massively great.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i just watched the video, that looks like fun
much more fun than i was expecting
I imagine it'll turn out like the DS; lacklustre launch, great games to follow.
qft - but are words like PATHETIC really necessary? it's obviously better than their previous efforts - it's not great but it's hardly pathetic either. lacklustre is a far better description.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

it's good for fishing, whack-a-mole, orchestra.
shithouse games

i'm sure the controller would be good for a darts game too!
Wii fans would LOVE that!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Talez wrote:
mech wrote:The problem is for most regular games, the Wii-mote/nun-chuck peripherals just aren't the best control method.
That's why they have the classic shell snapon.
Then it REALLY becomes an overpriced GAMECUBE NINTENDO.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Jizzy - ever tried to conduct an Orchestra? It's pretty fucking hard. Lots of fun, but heaps hard..
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I don't want to conduct an orchestra, who would?
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Post by Misly »

Looks like FUN :D
:rock:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

:lol:
I didn't realise I was so unique! :D
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ive sort of skimmed this thread, well read the first doz or so posts but not the rest so forgive me if this was mentioned...

Anyway, in terms of the lineups, imo, I think the wii has the better one for a launch, but I can understand Mechs view. With the wii coming out, most of those games listed are on 360 anyway, so there isnt really anything 'aweinspiring' apart from one of two titles, and for some reason, I can imagine Zelda being delayed. If the wii was the first console out of the gate this gen then everyone would be raving about that lineup, especially for a Nintendo console. /still remembers the N64 launches 3 game lineup in NZ.

The 360 launch was good, but there was nothing there that made me want to race out and buy the thing. Not having any competition around made the lineup seem impressive. Oh, and the lineup here in the UK was a little blander than what was posted above. Now Oblivion for almost 3 months for starters.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.