Excite Truck has MUD RACING... FOR 2 PLAYERS ONLY? :evil:

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

t0mby wrote:/still remembers the N64 launches 3 game lineup in NZ.
Three games only (I think there were more in Aus) yet it still remains the launch that I bought the most titles with. Mario 64, Pilotwings 64 and Waverace 64 were better than any other titles over an entire console lifespan.

Saying that and going back on topic, this game reminds me of Hydra Thunder which looked amazing... until I brought it home. I think that would be the least played game I ever bought. I just hope that this title is better than that.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rocco wrote:
WII LAUNCH LINE-UP

- Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Wii Sports
- Excite Truck
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
- Red Steel
- Rayman Raving Rabbits
- Elebits
- Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
- Call Of Duty 3
- Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam
- Far Cry: Vengeance
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Madden NFL 2007
- Need 4 Speed: Carbon
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
- Wii Play
- Open Season
- Monster 4x4: World Circuit
- Blazing Angels: Squadrons Of WWII
- GT Pro Series
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Rapala Tournament Fishing
- World Series Of Poker
- Disney’s Cars
- SpongeBob SquarePants Creature from the Krusty Krab

XBOX 360 LAUNCH LINE-UP

- Condemned
- Kameo
- King Kong
- Tony Hawk
- Blazing Angels Squadrons of WW2
- Fight Night
- PGR3
- Full Auto Burnout Revenge
- NFS MW
- Ridge Racer
- Oblivion the Elder Scrolls 4
- Call of Duty 2
- GRAW
- PD0
- Quake4
- The Outfit
- Amped 3
- Football Manager 2006
- Madden 2006
- NBA Live 2006
- Tiger Woods PGA 2006
Out of the 360 list, the only launch titles I really enjoyed include PGR3 and CoD2. I was wrong on each count of PDZ, Oblivion and GRAW - I didnt like them at all. 360 launch was saved, for me, by Geometry Wars. :D

As for Wii launch, there's a lot of rubbish in there, but so far Zelda, Monkey Ball, Excite Truck, Rayman, Trauma Centre, and possibly Wii Play interest me (along with VC titles). I dont know if thats the best launch EVAR!!!1!~ but its certainly not a bad one.

I'd say in retrospect the best PAL/Aussie launches would have to be the XBox, DC and PSP for titles, if not date (PSP), price (XB price drop) or organisation (DC).

You cant call it yet for Wii.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

unfnknblvbl wrote:Jizzy - ever tried to conduct an Orchestra? It's pretty fucking hard. Lots of fun, but heaps hard..
Fucking oath! I'm putting a preorder down the day I can for Wii Music.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Fuck me, excite truck looks awesome.

All the best bits of Speed Devils, Rumble Racing, Burnout and Smuggler's Run combined. Sold.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Pat wrote:Fuck me, excite truck looks awesome.

All the best bits of Speed Devils, Rumble Racing, Burnout and Smuggler's Run combined. Sold.
It looks like wicked fun! I forgot I hadn't actually posted in this thread after I saw the clip, but it looks awesome, like an offroad burnout!

The fisheye effect might be used a bit much but it looks like lots of fun nonetheless.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Just watched the Excite Truck vision. What's awesome about it? To me there's nothing distinguishing about it at all. It's nothing like Burnout as there's virtually no traffic. Not saying there's not fun to be had but it's about as generic a formula as I've seen. No way would it tempt me to buy a system for it.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Well maybe more like Rumble Racing and Speed Devils then. With high jumps.

You did play Rumble Racing, didnt you?
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Just watched the Excite Truck vision. What's awesome about it? To me there's nothing distinguishing about it at all. It's nothing like Burnout as there's virtually no traffic. Not saying there's not fun to be had but it's about as generic a formula as I've seen. No way would it tempt me to buy a system for it.
Not so much burnout in the traffic sense, but in the respect that you are rated for drifting/jumps/boost etc with stars, and just the crazy boosting and outlandish jumps, except in an offroad setting.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Pat wrote:You did play Rumble Racing, didnt you?
Yeah back in 2001. Am I to be tempted to pay $500 to play a racer comparable to one released 5 years ago? If Excite Truck was releasing on PSP I wouldn't be impressed so I'm confused at why my fellow gamers think it looks awesome on Wii.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Am I to be tempted to pay $500 to play a racer comparable to one released 5 years ago?
Hands up if you see the ironing in this statement :D
Pat

Post by Pat »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: Yeah back in 2001. Am I to be tempted to pay $500 to play a racer comparable to one released 5 years ago? If Excite Truck was releasing on PSP I wouldn't be impressed so I'm confused at why my fellow gamers think it looks awesome on Wii.
Because it looks like it might be fun? And comparable is in relation to concept, not graphics.
Talez wrote:
Peppermint Lounge wrote:Am I to be tempted to pay $500 to play a racer comparable to one released 5 years ago?
Hands up if you see the ironing in this statement :D
Wait, is this a PSP joke? :D
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Well that's a far cry from 'awesome'. I agree it might be fun.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see the hype over Excite Truck.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Games are only ever promising if theyre 1080p. 120 fps and online.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

pilonv1 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see the hype over Excite Truck.
I don't know about hype surrounding it, but it just looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play with some interesting game mechanics, like the real-time land sculpting pickup etc

If it had online play, then that would just be even better, but still I think you'll come back to it a bit for multiplayer.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I guess the reason i believe it will be "awesome" is basically because it looked like it's fun to play! We'll find on the 7th Dec if the hype is warranted, but if it's anything like another seemingly simple racer made by Nintendo, Wave Race 64 (not sure if it's the same part of Nintendo who are making Excite Truck), then i believe we all have reason to be happy!
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Vince wrote:I guess the reason i believe it will be "awesome" is basically because it looked like it's fun to play! We'll find on the 7th Dec if the hype is warranted, but if it's anything like another seemingly simple racer made by Nintendo, Wave Race 64 (not sure if it's the same part of Nintendo who are making Excite Truck), then i believe we all have reason to be happy!
Wave Race 64 was Nintendo EAD. Excite Truck is Monster Games who were responsible for the NASCAR series of games.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Haters get your :lol:s ready. Ready? You sure?

Excite Truck only supports 2 players.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Well can we all now agree Excite Truck on Wii is about as rank-ordinary a game can possibly be these days? Not saying it might not be fun, just that it's utterly unremarkable.
Pat

Post by Pat »

That's alright, Ive only got 1 friend.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Hahahaha I love 1up sometimes.
According to the Excite Truck arm of the Wii site, the game will have multiplayer experiences capped at two-players. It's hard to imagine all (applicable games, not Twilight Princess, trolls) not incorporating four-player multiplayer as many of the promos for the Wii have shown living rooms full of people waving their arms wildly getting their game on, but Excite Truck? Nah, that's a two player game. The image at the above link doesn't show four people hamming it up, either -- just two women driving.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

<sniff> still looks fun...
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yah I read about that on the Wii site a couple of days ago.. sucks but what can you do..

I'll hold up hope for WLAN play or something :(
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

GreyWizzard wrote:<sniff> still looks fun...
I know. I'll still be buying it too. But you gotta throw the haters a bone. Keeps the fanboys from running rampant. Once the haters get too full of themselves you come in and smack them down a peg or two.

Natural balance really :)
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Talez wrote:Haters get your :lol:s ready. Ready? You sure?

Excite Truck only supports 2 players.
That 1UP link reminded me, I fucking hate them and their shitty fucking error problems every time I try to load their pages!! :down: