Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Nah, O/S can request a second SPE apparently, so you have to do a context switch, but this happens on PSP and 360 already apparently, and is no big deal.
There was talk of a 3rd spe being taken back, but i think it's bullshit. It's still 1 full spe and scheduling priority on another spe for the os last i heard.
Anyway, how about the whole RSX framebuffer thing?
Frame buffer/zbuffer has to reside in the GDDR3 vram, the ROPS can only write to local vram. RSX can still fetch textures from either memory pool and it can also transfer/copy data from vram into the cell memory pool.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

mech wrote:Probably. I won't be surprised if it'll be like how Xbox supported 720p, but very few games actually ran it.
Amped 2 and Street Hoops were enough for me :thumbsup:
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Amped 2 was one of the most amazing looking games at the time of release, the resolution jump just made it look so much better than other xbox games.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'd rather not rest a huge external PSU behind my entertainment unit where it's more susceptible to excess dust and poor ventilation. I'd prefer it remain inside the unit.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

I have no problem with the noise my 360 makes. The only time I ever took notice of it was when I first turned it on, waiting for the jet engine noise I had read that it produces from 360 owners around the world. Over exaggerated!
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Just some more tidbits about 1080p 360 support!

A Microsoft insider (with handle "amirm") provides some clarity on the AVS forums, explaining what types of content are allowed over a component connection. If you insist on watching your HD-DVDs at full resolution, it appears you'll have to invest in a VGA cable (and not an HDMI cable).

If your 360 is hooked up via component cables:

Xbox 360 games can be upscaled to 1080p. Titles that run in 1080p natively (none of which currently exist) will also display without a problem.
HD-DVDs will display at 1080i maximum -- you can thank AACS for that.
Normal DVDs will play at 480p. CSS prevents anything higher (though some upscaling DVD players conveniently ignore it).

If your 360 is hooked up via VGA cable:

HD-DVDs, Upscaled DVDs and games can all display at 1080p with no copyright hassles.

If your 360 is hooked up via RF Adapter:

You have bigger problems.