Some more Wii action

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Some more Wii action

Post by jahooley »

Not the best video but gives an idea on how responsive and suited the wiimote/nunchuk is for different types of games
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM82YAk33oY&eurl=[/youtube]

Oh yea, how many of these Wii games do you reckon you will have to stand for?
ie. I can't imagine swinging a golf club action whilst on my arse...
I think i've seen one advertisment by Nintendo where the guy is playing Far Cry or something sitting down. Every other time someone REAL is playing, they're on their feet...
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm not too impressed, except for the responsiveness of the "racing" game at the end.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah some of the responsiveness looked a little sloppy, but I wonder how much of that is depenedent on what the game picks up.

Warioware is going to kick arse though, and I was pretty impressed with responsiveness of the racing bit too, even the quick jolt he made seemed to be reflected in game immediately.
jahooley

Post by jahooley »

yea, the racing looks good (but does that really count?) The golf was terrible. That beat em up at the start had slight lag and it's hard to tell with a lot of the others. To me, it seems kind of varied as to how some games use the wiimote's potential.
BUT!!! hopefully some of the real games will be better than this

Oh god this is lame and I don't think anyone will care for this except Rocco coz he has been the only one who has mentioned the Wii's 'Mii' interface, so here ya go mate.
Last edited by jahooley on 21 Sep 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yeah. Ive seen some really responsive controls (by the looks) in games like Metroid, Mario, Excite Truck and Elebits but these games didnt look too crash hot in terms of execution, to be honest.
jahooley

Post by jahooley »

The IGN vid with Fran was a lot better coz a) it had the shot of the controls in his hands in one corner of the frame in comparison to the screen. b) he was demo-ing games that poeple actually like and want to play