Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

pilonv1 wrote:Mass Effect 2, was great.
Except for planet scanning :)
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I really need to go back and finish some games, i'm hopeless when it comes to finishing games, even those I love.

i'll start with saints row 2
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

Mirrors Edge - 8.5/10

I think technically the last game I finished was Angry Birds on the iPhone. 7/10....needs a level editor...game plays great!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

yeh that is the last game I finished too
Brown Hornet

Post by Brown Hornet »

Yakuza 3, 8.5/10

30 hours on the game clock by the time i finished too :shock:

Though I suspect that at least ten hours of that was cut scenes and clicking through dialogue.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

30hrs? Man, I'm doing too many side missions. I'm only up to chapter 6 after 30hrs. (there are 12 chapters for those that don't know).
Brown Hornet

Post by Brown Hornet »

heh, I don't think you're doing too many side missions. Even having finished it a few days ago I still have a gnawing desire to go back and finish some more side missions.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I've completed 51 from memory out of a possible 100?
Brown Hornet

Post by Brown Hornet »

That sounds like a fair few, though I must say I never noticed a XX completed out of YY possible stat when I was playing through. The only thing I spotted was something telling me how many of the side missions I'd discovered that I'd completed. It always seemed as though there were more to discover (on my way to the final mission I found myself pausing to help a lady find her cat FFS).

wasn't looking for such a thing though so I am probably mistaken :)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

A lot of the side missions unlock after another is done so you could be at Theatre Square and do one, then head back to an area you were before where there was none to discover there now is one. I looked online and there are just over 100 to do but apart from one or two I've looked online for (To get an idea how many in each chapter there are), I've been doing them on my own. Some chapters have more than others (IE none in Chap 1&2, a couple in #3 and about 15 in Chap #4 and so on).

Spose I should talk about this in the Yakuza thread. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Blue Dragon.

Alright. The final dungeon was really generic which meant I didn't come back to actually finish the game for a few months.

6.5/10
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

GameHED wrote:I've only played short games lately.
Instead of listing one, I will just list a bunch I did for the past few weeks.

Phantasy Star 0

6 - lotsa grinding weapons in this. Makes it harder to research which are the good things and which things you should dump. (the total amount of grinding differs for each thing making you have to guess which will end up being the better weapon based on potential not just on what the initial stats tell you)

Tekken 6 (psp)

8 - buy this if you own a psp. Cuts out the excess modes from the home versions and is great to play on public transport. No online mode though which is a shame. Best to play Bleach Dark Souls on DS over this if you want online handheld fighter.

Tatsunoko vs capcom

8 - needs more characters, more moves (go back to 6 buttons) and cel shaded realtime cg endings. What's there is fun and has loads of replayability and the animation is really nice and smooth. (big update from mvc2 days but having said that these are 3d models) Online mode is ok if you can find people. This is a niche title though so don't expect non-anime nerds to flock to it.

Street Fighter IV

9 - deliberately made incomplete. Requires a stick and is missing deejay and thawk which would have been easy to include since the character design is finished. But we all go easy on it because it's finally a sequel to SF. :P Doesn't deserve a 10 imo since the game uses boyband music for a fighting game which I reckon is an odd choice. tween girls are not going to play this.

Double Dragon Advance (GBA)

8 - play this everyday and is a great lil beat em up. Legit purchase, bought it on ebay, and has good balance with weapons and attacks making each of the different ways you fight have advantages and disadvantage. (just like halo you really need to change your attack style on harder difficulty)
eg Twirling spin kicks might be useles on easy settings but save your butt on hardest settings when pushing people is key to survival. Bats might kick butt on slo enemies but on harder settings kicking them before swinging is a must to prevent them ducking your swing. And as enemies are more numerous, faster, smarter (more agile) and the time limit becomes a factor you will always sweat trying to beat this on the hardest setting even on replays. But it is always your own fault for losing and using dumb tactics - the true spirit of a challenging arcade game.

Castlevania Order of Eclesia

9 - the game has great balance in difficulty that makes you respect bosses and pay attention to enemy weakness. No gimmicky touchscreen features, just a great metroid like platform rpg.
Just the right gamelength that doesn't stretch itself out too long. Don't listen to others the game is not hard.

Call of Duty Mobilized

7 - the single player campaign needed to be longer imo. Never got a chance to play this online with 6 people.

Dementium The Ward

6 - horrible horrible save system, lacks story, lots of repetitive areas, enemies are just variations of the same stuff you see early in the game, and the combat is weird (you have to wait until something stops flashing before you can damage it again). But it's a survival horror fps so I went easy on it because I don't see many of these.

Sonic The Hedgehog 1

7 - sonic is a good character but his abilities are best appreciated in areas where jumping at max speed on a hill with a slope can get you to super jump to get to places you couldn't normally. Otherwise it suffers from the same thing donkey kong country does: assumes you know where all places leads to before you get to them, without giving subtle hints. (just trial and error gameplay, unless you are jedi and can predict whats up ahead the first time)

King Of Fighters XII

6 - not enough meat on its bones. But a good start to get the series updated for the HD consoles. Makes sure you make the graphics a bit blurry in the options though, or you will see jaggies.

I plan on starting a rpg next, probably Infinite Space or something which I saw was out in oz now. I'm drawn to it because I am a fan of anime show called "legend of the galactic heroes" which is a space war epic with space fleets fighting each other. Maybe I am just in the mood for something original?
lol... rate the LAST game (not plural) you finished!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Street Fighter IV

9 - deliberately made incomplete. Doesn't deserve a 10 imo since the game uses boyband music for a fighting game
No wonder Candy and Pariah love it so much! :lol:
Golgo13
XBL ID: Golgs
Steam ID: Kastar_troy

Post by Golgo13 »

BC2 was wicked, bit short for my liking. was really getting into it then it was over, I was like wtf? oh cool, done... but rate it high though

Just Cause 2 will be my next finish, and so far I rate almost the best game I've ever played. Its right up my styles, blowing up everything and I enjoy all the different game styles.
Releasing Rockstar Mojo on android, action platformer with 24 weapons! Opinions needed!

More info on http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10383
or www.destructivestudios.com
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

saints row 2- 9/10
awesome fun, best gta game ever.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Half-Life 2.

Given that this was supposed to be such a revolutionary game, there's so much that's wrong with it. At least it plays reasonably well.

8/10
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

When it came out it was absolutely amazing. One of the highlights in gaming for me.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

I've been playing through HL2 for the first time recently as well. I'm actually really enjoying it.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

HL2 is shit, what's wrong with you people?

get saints row 2 if you haven't, it's cheap as at game bro
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You can't rag HL2 then pimp Saints Row 2.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

yes I can. I like my games to contain some fun.

the baddies with the killer roast chickens on their heads were not fun to kill at all, that's as far as I got, I couldn't put myself through any more torture.

the only good thing to come from HL2 is portal, one of the best games out there.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Finished Yakuza 2 this morning, soap-opera ending and a bit of a grind overall given the tech gap between it and PS360, but I'm still glad I finished it, now I can move on to 3.

Will polish off God of War 2 next as far as PS2 stuff goes.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

But jizz you missed out on all the seasaw puzzles to show off their whack physics.

Or even better in Episode One they had the plug the sink simulator every 5 mtrs to stop the Ant Lions attacking.

Inspired stuff I tells ya!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The passing of time will only hurt Half-Life 2, but given that it's about to become a six year old game I still find it super enjoyable (along with Eps 1 and 2), and at the time it was an astonishing game and blew away every console FPS on the market.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

General Chaos wrote:But jizz you missed out on all the seasaw puzzles to show off their whack physics.

Or even better in Episode One they had the plug the sink simulator every 5 mtrs to stop the Ant Lions attacking.

Inspired stuff I tells ya!
oh yeah i remember the seasaw stuff, place block/drum here 'till the other side will hold your weight or is high enough.
fucking snore... I really liked the jetski, NO HANDS!!! :lol: