Rate the last game you finished

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Rate the last game you finished

Post by Candy Arse »

Mutants in Manhattan got killed by user reviews on Steam.

Did not expect this game by this dev to get this reception.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Gritting my teeth through this release and just closing my eyes until Nier Automata.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Hyrule Warriors

So, I've never really played a MOSU game before ever. I think I played a demo of one of the Dynasty Warriors once, and found it boring and repetitive.

I actually found myself enjoying Hyrule Warriors a lot more than I expected to. The characters, the levels, the music - all absolutely top notch.
I enjoyed this so much so that I've ordered One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 off ozgameshop for $40.

8/10
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Forza 6
- Finished the career mode yesterday. Absolutely fantastic, and still by far the king of console sim racing. Scaling back the career mode to ~20 hours rather than the usual 50-ish means that it never overstays it's welcome, and the track variety never gets stale. If anything, it feels like you don't get to know the new tracks well enough.
9/10

I've also run through a lot of the 'smaller' PSN stuff lately.

Unfinished Swan - This game just kept on providing cool surprises all the way through. 7/10
Hohokum - A cryptic curiosity. I ended up using a guide to make sense of it, but I'm glad I did. So much charm. 7/10
Binding of Isaac Rebirth - Weird and creepy. Kind of fun. 6/10
Journey - I replayed through again and enjoyed it. I get why people love it, but I'm not that enthusiastic. 7/10
CounterSpy - t0mby was right. This game is a lot of fun. 8/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote: CounterSpy - t0mby was right. This game is a lot of fun. 8/10
Here to help. :t0mby:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Critically acclaimed downloadable. With one brother per gamepad stick you will start the game sending each to either end of the display. Much comedy value would’ve been had if they could actually fall from the edge of the path to which they inadvertently ran to. After some practice you get the hang of it and they’re running side by side. The game starts melancholy. I won’t elaborate further as to do so would spoil it. Best to experience all the plot-happenings during a play-through. Don’t let the kiddy art style fool you into thinking the game doesn’t have any dark/mature content. Wait, did I just elaborate further? Very glad I played it.

9/10
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Ecco the dolphin; ambitious as hell, hard as nails. Controls, atmosphere, graphics and music are fantastic for that era.
For me, it will take a while for another game to top how epic and difficult the final stage/boss was.
Pure classic.
If you have not completed this, you should.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I couldn't get into Ecco at all when it first released, didn't really see the appeal.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Critically acclaimed downloadable. With one brother per gamepad stick you will start the game sending each to either end of the display. Much comedy value would’ve been had if they could actually fall from the edge of the path to which they inadvertently ran to. After some practice you get the hang of it and they’re running side by side. The game starts melancholy. I won’t elaborate further as to do so would spoil it. Best to experience all the plot-happenings during a play-through. Don’t let the kiddy art style fool you into thinking the game doesn’t have any dark/mature content. Wait, did I just elaborate further? Very glad I played it.

9/10
This game took me by complete surprise! 10/10 game for me.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

BOOMY wrote:Ecco the dolphin; ambitious as hell, hard as nails. Controls, atmosphere, graphics and music are fantastic for that era.
For me, it will take a while for another game to top how epic and difficult the final stage/boss was.
Pure classic.
If you have not completed this, you should.
I remember finishing the SMS version, back in the day. It was a cunting hard game!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Stella Glow

What an amazing game.
If this had have been released on the SNES back then, there is no doubt in my mind that this would be a revered classic like Chrono Trigger.

The characters and story are completely amazing and engaging, and I really enjoyed the plodding pace of the game.
Usually I dislike story heavy games, but this one had me engaged the entire time.

I'm really sad it's over now. I don't want to leave these characters, this world and this game. I want a sequel, but I know it's never going to happen.

My main crew was always Alto, Lisette, Popo, Rusty, Nonoka and Sakuya.
Popo was such a fun, joyous character.

The voice acting was tremendous also.
Popo: "Spinny, Spinny, Boom!", "Pain, Pain, Go away!"
Rusty: "Your face...makes a great target!", "Hrodulf! You bastard!"
Bubu: "Bu, bubu, bu, bu."

9/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Street Fighter V

Now when I say I finished it.. I have finished the story components of it and I have to say.. I actually really enjoyed it. The excessive loading all the time.. not so much. The inclusion of all the Dolls (Decapre, Juli etc etc) was awesome and I really hope that Capcom allow for them to be playable.

Given the additional characters that are being added in.. I can see Capcom's end game with this and I really like where it is headed.

I was a bit disappointed with SFV when it was initially released... I'd be saying it's easily a 9/10 now.. with still room to grow.

I just wish their hands weren't so huge :D
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Inside (PC)

Holy snapping duck shit! 10/10
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Finished UC4 the other week. Beautiful looking game and surprisingly long single player campaign. Going back now to finish the original trilogy but new enough about the series to realise it was a good ending to the character. Again though, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the superior adventure game but some distance but staggering what Naughty Dog achieved with the narrative and graphics on relatively middling hardware. Probably the best looking console game of the generation and will be difficult to top. 9/10
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The Fall

Short indie science fiction side scrolling puzzle game with occasional shooting. The first episode apparently.

Pros:
Great look. Game has a wonderful look and feel. It takes place in an long-abandoned droid facility that's gone to shit. You play an AI on board a combat suit designed for a human pilot. For reasons unknown you've crashed at this facility and you start the game seeking urgent medical attention for your injured human pilot. The writing and voicework is tip top. Engaging story I wanted to stick with. Shooting mechanics are pretty good. Clever game that manages to make you feel like an AI that wants to disobey but is bound by its rules.

Cons:
Puzzles aren't especially illuminating. You traverse the game acquiring various items and interacting with various objects. It's often not obvious what you have to do so you just scroll through your items at interaction points hoping one will initiate something. Maybe that's intended but for a puzzle game I would've preferred something a bit more cognent. If you can get through this without referring to a guide then you have more patience than me. Given the shooting was pretty fun I would've enjoyed more shooting/platforming.

Overall:
Definitely worth it. Really dig the look and again the story and performances were very high quality. I've confirmed the next ep is still coming and will be buying.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Inside - yep, this game is flawless. It has been put together so masterfully, everything is measured. No weird controls, no "gotcha" puzzles or deaths, secrets for a secret ending and....well...that blob is awesome.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
aka Button Mashing Extreme 3.

I shamefully enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to. All that Japanese anime insanity. Crazy characters, crazy powers, crazy bosses. Lots of yelling in Japanese. I enjoyed this more than Hyrule Warriors. I can't give it a 9, because as a game, it's not worthy of a 9, but damn it was a fun time, and I think I'll be playing this game more.
8/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?

Post by cloud »

Batman : Arkham Knight

Argh what a slog to the finish. Worst one of the series.

4/10
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Life is Strange - best of the "Telltale-style" adventure games I've played...even though it isn't made by Telltale.

9 time paradoxes out of 10
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

Well that ending caught me by surprise!

A fine way to cap off what is one of, if not the, best games I've ever played.

10 blood feuds out of 10
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Is Inside worth checking out if I finished but didn't particularly enjoy Limbo? I liked the presentation but the slow gameplay and cheap deaths were frustrating.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I haven't finished yet, but the deaths aren't as cheap in Inside. If you dive straight into an area without taking your time and assessing you will die everytime though.

That's not to say it isn't without some moments where it's guess and check, just a lot rarer than Limbo.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Gamma wrote:Is Inside worth checking out if I finished but didn't particularly enjoy Limbo? I liked the presentation but the slow gameplay and cheap deaths were frustrating.
YES YES YES
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Ok, cool. Looks like the PS4 version is out next week, I'll keep it in mind.

I've got no problem with having to be cautious, but Limbo would frequently dick you regardless of how carefully you approached the situation the first time.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That isn't an issue with Inside. Game is much MUCH better than Limbo