Rate the last game you finished

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Rate the last game you finished

Post by GameHED »

This whole gen is just remasters. Can you blame people for wanting new games?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

GameHED wrote:This whole gen is just remasters. Can you blame people for wanting new games?
Best GH post ever. Short and straight to the point.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Waiiiit for the edit(s).
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The same thing that has happened to hollywood is coming to gaming:
http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/fil ... -suck-now/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People are making safe purchases. So they remake old shit with new paint.

The next far cry looks to me that way. You play caveman killing animals which reminds me of the 'flashback to mythical ages' levels from far cry 4. What is capcom doing? Re-release of resident evil zero. Would have been better to give us new game. Square? remake of ff7. Nobody makes new games. Fallout 4 is just skyrim with guns. No vehicles which is what people wanted. Everyone plays it safe because they are all chickenshits.. Imagine if fallout had say co-op like dead rising with vehicles? One guy guns them down with minigun and you drive in a warthog type vehicle or pickup truck to drive home with loot.

Industry is dying. Konami is leaving, sega expects us to wait years before we can play things. PC is a mess (ports of console shit). MS is about to quit consoles, sony is just lucky(once third parties are gone they are doomed) and nintendo takes ages to create regular supplies of games. ie zelda delay = re-release of zelda ds games on eshop and twilight princess hd. lol
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

The Wolf Among Us - A Telltale interactive story - Xbone

There is the argument that these games are better than David Cage interactive stories but I feel his team is more skilled and Cagé is a better writer. I know people would argue against his skill.

The game is fairly glitchy, lots of pauses and stutters. None of this ruins the narrative but it dies hurt the immersion.

I enjoyed the game despite it's flaws but I think that's because I'm familiar with comics. It has some insane over the top action. Really captures the comics.

Overall I enjoyed it and was happy with story and depiction of the characters. Treated the source material well while still giving a new adventure that also introduces newbies to the world of Fables.

8 talking pigs out of 10.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Starcraft2 - Legacy of the Void.
Just finished it today. I actually enjoyed it more than I expected, and thought that Blizz did a good job wrapping it all up. Those last missions in the epilogue were a lot of fun.
8/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

The Order 1886

If it wasn't for the very slow start of the first hour or two this might've been received a bit better. I really loved the story and the world the devs created (they captured London beautifully), graphics are top notch and the voice acting is superb. However if I had paid full price for this 10 months ago I would've felt a little duped but then again I don't think it's any worse than the first Gears of War in terms of length. I do hope there is a sequel now the foundations have been laid.

7 Tesla inventions out of 10 (because it only cost me $20)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I think I rated it a 7 too in this thread. I don't think we'll see a sequel any time soon.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition PS4

I finished this game originally about 5 yrs ago on the PS3 but went back to it recently on the PS4 and finished it last night. To me this is the closest we've come to a cross between the mazes of Gauntlet and the body count of Robotron but with everyone's favourites, Zombies. Game can be really intense in the later levels as well as claustrophobic with zeds hiding in the shadows waiting to jump out. It's received a minor upgrade and contains the DLC from last gen version. I think this was free for people that bought it last gen and free on PS+. It's also from Housemarquee, the team behind Resogun.

8.5 zombies that can't swim out of 10
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Grow Home

Jack and the Beanstalk simulator 2016 / Rock Climbing Simulator.
I grabbed this for free when it was on PS+ a few months back. I didn't give it much of a chance back then. The controls seemed really awful.
Now after seeing it come up in a few top ten lists I thought I'd give it another chance, and I'm glad I did.

The controls are still arse, but I think it's actually by design to build the fear as you keep climbing higher. It has a bit of a Shadow of the Colossus feel to it as you scramble to hang on at times. And looking all the way down at all the plant you've grown is excellent. Good fun short game. If you grabbed it on PS+, you should definitely give this one a look.

8/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I nab everything on PS+ even if the title sounds shit. ;)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Good job tombster. I saw you'd give it a go. :up:

SOMA
Again, another one that grabbed my attention from being on a lot of top ten lists. Hmmmmmm.
It's a push forwards / tunnel game with an interesting sci-fi story.
6/10
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I see what you meant about the climbing mechanics, they are clunky but seem rewarding at the same time. I keep feeling like I really have to apply pressure to the triggers to maintain grip. It's a good game to relax with so will be going back to it when I want something a bit different to play.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

^^ exactly my reasoning why the old tomb raider controls were better.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Grow Home is excellent, I too had been putting it off but am glad I went back to it. It strikes a really clever balance between a designed level and freeform play. The controls are just the right kind of janky, I love charging around at top speed along the vines and pulling off risky jumps. Good call on the SotC comparison Elf, I also got Katamari vibes as the tree grew and I gradually transitioned from a robot tending a plant to a tiny insect scuttling around its leaves.

I've "finished" it, in that I've gotten to the end, but now I have one crystal and two star seeds left to find. In most ordinary circumstances this would piss me off as there's only an audio cue for the crystal, and sweet fuck all for the seeds, but I'm not done aimlessly wandering around this world so I don't mind.

9/10 Brundleflies.

Was anyone able to scan the ram (won't be called that given sheep are 'meep')? It's the last thing I need for the collection, but screwed if I can figure out how to get it back safely. Dragging it along the vines isn't practical, it's too heavy to carry in one hand and climb with the other, and as soon as I deploy the flower or leaf the ram goes plummeting down to the ocean below. I once went all the way back to the beach at the beginning and could just see it out at sea... Waited patiently as it washed in, but as it got closer I could see it was just the torso, followed by the head, legs and individual eyeballs. It was upsetting to say the least. I carried all of the pieces to the scanner, as I figured that's what B.U.D. would do, but they all centred over the same point and became a hideous ram-blob. :(
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I got that trophy. There was a sheep right down at the bottom not far from the teleporter, so it was really easy. Maybe I just got lucky?
Spoiler!
You don't get any kind of awesome robot/sheep fusion though unfortunately.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I think we're talking about different things...
Spoiler!
There's a trophy for teleporting with a "meep" (sheep), and yeah, there are three sheep near the beginning. Two who evade you and one trapped behind rocks who will follow you and eat plants if you help him out (which was a neat addition).

However, there's also the in-game goal of scanning all of the plants and animals by bringing each to a teleporter. Filling the Pokedex, so to speak. One of the animals looks very similar to the standard sheep but is black and has horns. The description says it lives alone, so I assume it's one-of-a-kind in the game. I found it, but I can't for the life of me get it to a teleporter in one piece.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yeah.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Rate the last game you finished

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Trying to think of another action game that's equally satisfying when playing full brawn or stealthy quiet. Games usually do one well and the other not well. Brilliant game. The final boss fight came across a bit lazy given the craft that went into the game to that point. Ridiculously easy fight too (on normal).

9/10. Up there as one of my favourites.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

GameHED wrote:have you seen this other game similar to this on ps4? It's call axion verge.
Published on Apr 30, 2014
Axiom Verge is a retro-styled 2D "metroidvania" action-adventure coming to PS4 and PS Vita, inspired by such classics as Rygar, Contra, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, and, of course, Metroid. But it also gives you power over glitches like those found in classic games, allowing you to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and enter hidden areas.
Would be interested to see someone review this as I am into metroid-likes lately. Want to support them all but limited time to play all of them right now.
Just started playing this, it's exquisite. Not far enough in yet to draw a fair overall comparison to Xeodrifter, but so far I get the impression that Axiom Verge is going to be more challenging and expansive. I just got the 733+ H4><0r beam and am having fun experimenting with different enemies.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.. 9/10 great game really enjoyed it and has made me want to get Rise of the Tomb Raider now.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC)

There are so many things that frustrate me about Inquisition (and I guess RPGs in general). Like crafting and shit. Picking weeds to be able to create healing potions what is this bullshit. The whole idea of "dumbing down" games to cater to the console crowd is overplayed I think, if they got rid of crafting I will be one happy camper. Does anyone seriously enjoy it?

Having said all that though I am a sucker for Bioware. The Mass Effect series is my favourite series from the last generation, but I only really got stuck into the Dragon Age series in 2015. I finished the original game a while ago on 360 (years after it first came out though) but played through the Awakening expansion (360), Dragon Age 2 (360) and Inquisition (PC, imported saves ftw!) in 2015 (finished the final piece of Inquisition DLC, Trespasser, on the weekend). And I loved it, despite its flaws. And after Trespasser, I cannot wait for Dragon Age 4 (after Mass Effect: Andromeda, of course!)

I've always loved flawed epics. See also: My adoration for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Sera was my favourite character :lol: Quite possibly my favourite character in the entire series. So I:
Spoiler!
joined the Red Jennys at the end of Tresspasser :lol:
8 stolen breeches out of 10
Peppermint Lounge wrote:Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Trying to think of another action game that's equally satisfying when playing full brawn or stealthy quiet. Games usually do one well and the other not well. Brilliant game. The final boss fight came across a bit lazy given the craft that went into the game to that point. Ridiculously easy fight too (on normal).

9/10. Up there as one of my favourites.
Same. It was a lot better and more tightly designed than City. Definitely in my top 5 of the last generation.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Froggy wrote:Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.. 9/10 great game really enjoyed it and has made me want to get Rise of the Tomb Raider now.
If you're digitally inclined then it's 10% off this week on the marketplace.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Just Cause 3
Lots of huge, satisfying explosions, particularly when blowing up petrol stations.
Aside from that though, it was kindof repetitive and the insane and bizarre inconsistent difficulty spikes were really weird. The tech issues are jarring aswell.
7/10

Super Mario World
Played it through again, because why not?
Still the king of 2D platformers.
9/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Sorry, did you make a typo? I assume you meant Super Mario Bros 3.