Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: Rate the last game you finished

Post by Lepo5 »

Candy Arse wrote:
t0mby wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:
I was going to ask if you were new around here but now I see you joined in 2006! Awkward....
:lol:
It IS funny...except I wasn't joking!

NFI who this person is apart from Xbox defence duties when there's sand in his vag :lol:

Seems to have a crush on the two of us...

...more trolls :roll:
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Dead Rising
(for the millionth time - lol)

Superb. Brilliant. Still one of the best games ever made. A top ten personal GOAT for me.
10/10

This thread is a trip down memory lane. :)
http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... ead+rising" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

No Man's Sky

Ugh. This was not a very good video game.
So many horrible design decisions. I suspect this will game will be used as a case study on bad game design in many video game courses in the future. And that's not even mentioning the marketing.

The good. Well, I have to admit, there were times when I was enjoying it. It's very calming and passive at times, and a perfect hangover game. Some planets were very, very pretty or awe-inspiring. I stumbled across maybe 10 planets in total where I went 'WOW'.

I do not understand the super level of hate directed at this game. It's like no-one has ever bought an over-hyped, under-deliver and disappointing game before. They have to accept some of the blame themselves though. This game should NEVER have been sold at full price or hyped the way it was. If this game had have come out without hype as a downloadable for $20-30, I suspect it wouldn't have received much hate at all.

Sean Murrays Australian heritage shines through in one aspect. 'Discovering' inhabited planets! :aussie:

I'd still rather play this than Assassin's Creed 3.
4/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Rise of the Tomb Raider

A game that feels like it was made by 500 people, in all the best and worst ways. Gorgeous environments, immense attention to detail, pretty great action, and an abysmally boring story (Though admittedly better than TR13) that combined with a ludicrous amount of item fetching and crafting and menial tasks manages to drag my enjoyment down from Uncharted-Tier to Please-let-it-end.

Also that forced stealth boss is an infuriating error in game design.

7/10.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Witcher 3

Such a fantastic game. The setting is gorgeous, the storyline is great and the mechanics are pretty good (although some people seem to hate them). One of the few open world games I've seen through to completion.

The only downer is that I ended up getting the worst ending and so don't feel the same level of accomplishment as I would have with a positive ending to the story.

Trying to decide whether I skip straight onto the expansions.. I think I will!

10/10
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

How many hours did it take you? I'm up to 60ish and I still haven't sailed to Skillageshire or whatever it's called.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Just ticked over 60 hours. I thought I'd done a fair amount of side questing too.

Skellige is gorgeous, the best looking part of the game.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Best game ever, seriously.

Skellige is gorgeous, but Blood and Wine is next-level.

I think I'm going to play through this again...third time :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

emptyvessel wrote:Just ticked over 60 hours. I thought I'd done a fair amount of side questing too.

Skellige is gorgeous, the best looking part of the game.
60hrs to finish it sounds like you didn't do much side questing unless it's because those question marks messed with my OCD. I've been to every one so far and only come across a handful that I can't do due to being a lower level.

I also spend a lot of time in the brothels. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yeah my first playthrough was around 100 hours which included side-questing like a champ.

I got a good ending but I know not the best ending as I tried landing both Triss and Yennifer which blew up in my face :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

P.S I finished Batman Arkham Knight.

Fucking loved this game from start to finish, all that's left for me to do is get all the Riddler challenges and rescue a few more firemen, everything else is ticked off.

Best game in the series, 9 Jokers following me everywhere I go out of 10.
emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

t0mby wrote:
emptyvessel wrote: 60hrs to finish it sounds like you didn't do much side questing unless it's because those question marks messed with my OCD. I've been to every one so far and only come across a handful that I can't do due to being a lower level.

I also spend a lot of time in the brothels. :lol:
Oh there are a tonne of areas I haven't explored yet and a tonne of question marks on the map. Towards the end I just started pushing to complete the story as I wanted to see the end to it.

I plan on doing some quest log cleanup and then starting the expansion content. Then after that if I'm still not sick of it I'll give the map a final explore.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Good idea, there are some really good side quests worth doing although they may be a walk in the park unless you turn on level scaling.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Been thinking of starting this, should I have played witcher 2 first?
emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

I haven't played any of the Witcher games before 3. Don't think it made much of a difference in terms of understanding the story and characters.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I only played about an hour or so of Witcher 2 so I'll say not knowing much about the lore doesn't detract from enjoying it.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Fire Emblem Fates

I enjoyed this more than I'd like to admit. The production values are absolutely off the scale. And the pure TBS gameplay is heavenly at times.
As far as 2016 TBS games go, this shits all over Xcom2.
I just wish the script and dialogue weren't so cringey.

The characters were really cool. I absolutely loved Ryoma and Camilla, and had to get them together for the good of the kingdoms during Revelations.
Xander, Keaton, Corrin, and Leo were all damage output beasts.

I can't lie, I have a natural Advance Wars bias against Fire Emblem. Damn it Intelligent - Fucking make an Advance Wars game with this budget already!

Despite an early preference for Hoshido over Nohr, Birthright was clearly the weakest of the three strands. The games just got better and better moving through Conquest to Revelations, and the Revelations ending was a real highpoint for the 3DS.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright 6/10
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest 7/10
Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations 8/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Cheers ev and tomby, I'm just going to dive in I think. When I tried to start a game the other night it wanted to simulate my witcher 2 save file which made me wonder if it was simulating story outcomes or just my controls and settings.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The Witcher 1.

85 hours. It's an old game but man CD Projekt did well with the Aurora engine, already ageing even back then. Rolling clouds, fish swimming in shallow water, dynamic weather, sunrises and sunsets. So, 85 hours later. TW1 takes place across five chapters. My faves were chapters one, four and five. Four in particular stands out. Murky Waters was a sunny contrast to the bleak chapters two and three. I became quite attached to the boy Alvin (significant NPC) during chapter four too.

Chapter five leads into the Epilogue and end-game which in gaming terms blew me away somewhat. No spoilers. Those who played it know what I mean. When the credits rolled I was left really wanting to know what happens next. Downloading TW2 now.

Glad it's done. I have a nice TW1 save to open TW2 with which I hear is a shorter game at approx 25 hours. Then onto TW3.

9/10
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Titanfall 2

That was pretty good. It started very slow, but picked up and got better and better the further I got through the game. Very enjoyable. The graphics were nice, and there were lots of cool set pieces.
Ultimately though it is just another roller coaster ride tunnel shooter with a few nice mechanical mixups along the way. I didn't really like all the jumping and wall running either.

I did like it though, and for $35, no complaints here. I'll have a look at the multi at some point.
What's with all this 5-6 hour talk? I took me 9 hours - lol. :lol:
Also, internet hype for the loss. Sure this is a fun game, but GOTY talk? GTFO. :lol:
7/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Quantum Break.

I really liked the story and I love Remedies delivery of it, the FMV cut scenes like a TV episode worked great and the decision process as the villain at the end of each episode I thought was good to. The gameplay mechanics were average and the reading all the emails and docs etc to get the full story became a bit tedious as well as finding upgrade tokens. As it is pretty short - 10 hours if you are good at shooters - if you can pick it up for around 20 - 40 bucks then it's worth it. Really liked the art style and the graphics on xbone go alright.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yes I've been meaning to write about Quantum Break for a while. It's another underrated Remedy game in my book. If you like Alan Wake, I can't see why you won't like Quantum Break. Like Froggy said, gameplay mechanics are average like Alan Wake (it actually has a bit more depth than Alan Wake), but the story is so good. Playing through a second time makes you notice little things that you just wouldn't pick up the first time around, without having the full story. They are great story tellers, old Remedy.

Easily the worst thing about this game is the final boss. It feels so disjointed and is by far the hardest thing you'll come across in the game. I agree with Froggy, if you can get it cheap do so.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah I got it for 39 I think not long after release as these days any new game seems to get dumped cheap a few weeks later if not on day 1. I loved Alan Wake and this story was great, I wanted to find all of the emails and doc's because I wanted to know more to help my decisions, I noticed some parts if I hadn't have found some docs then the decision I made would have been different as I wouldn't have the full story. The whole time element was done really well to with the story.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I agree with the comments here on quantum break, I enjoyed the time powers, they were a good evolution from the max payne games, visually the game still does some very unique and amazing things with the real time GI and the time fracture effects/distortions. I agree all the notes lying around got tedious I ended up skipping through a lot of the found items because they didn't add much to the story imo.

I feel remedy tried to break new ground and try some new things on the story telling side that didn't come together like they hoped, still an enjoyable game and worth a look for $39 which is what I see it go for these days. It's a good solid 8/10, an 8.5 if you're into remedy games.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I gotta say the production values and the quality of video were top notch. I wasn't sure what to expect when it came to lengthy FMV but I'd actually watch that as a stand alone series if it were on TV, it was a pleasant surprise from the level I was expecting even from Remedy.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!