Rate the last game you finished

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Mightycooper
The Sorrow

Re: Rate the last game you finished

Post by Mightycooper »

Katamari Forever

If you have played the other this one is just as good. There are a heap more levels and different challenges. It is still the same quirky game it has always been.

9/10
Theres a technique for everything
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Puzzle Quest 2.

Tedious end boss... 60% spell resistance doesn't mean 100% spell resistance...

Took me awhile to get into it. I was preferring the large map from the first game, but then it all starts to click. Nice dungeon crawler with puzzle engine.

Pretty graphics, some great artwork on the enemies. Music is okay... doesn't get annoying I guess.

7.5/10
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

One of the guys who worked on that now sits next to me at my work. Fin.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

mech wrote:One of the guys who worked on that now sits next to me at my work. Fin.
How the mighty have fallen? :wink:
mech

Post by mech »

Pfffft to you tomby.

You'd be surprised how many people on PlayNOW/4BG use our software... including lestat :D

It currently seems we've hired half of Melbourne's game programmers.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Risk Factions. 8/10.
Intensely awesome for an incredibly short period of time.
Left wanting more. MORE. MORE!!!
Best XBLA title this year.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

whoa what the hell is on your avatar's head?

What style of game is Risk Factions? Is it pretty much just old school Risk?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

It's exactly like Risk. It includes Classic Risk.
Risk Factions is an extension of original Risk with more objective based gameplay. The cut scenes and the character really adds a lot to the total package.

I highly recommend trying the generous trial game. As a matter of fact, this is my first XBLA game where the prompter said 'You gotta buy now to keep playing', and I pulled the trigger there and then.
GiantBomb have a glowing review here.
http://www.giantbomb.com/risk-factions/61-29748/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Robot head is an avatar reward for completing the single player campaign. :D
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Monkey Island 2 SE

Overall a good update with some minor gripes. The new control interface (at least on the console version) can be fiddly at times. When needing to do something quickly, like combine items, you'll often fail. Also, using real instruments... They said they had nailed the iMuse effect, but clearly they hadn't. Breaks between songs were evident, and songs didn't flow together. I almost would have preferred it to be rescored with better midi effects and implement iMuse again.

It's been awhile since I played it... so chapter 2 was pissing me off. Just felt like too much back and forth between islands... extending the game for no real purpose.

Still... gripes aside, jokes are still funny, ending is still excellent, graphics look great (really manages to capture Purcell's art direction from the original game), music sounds nice (even with breaks).

8/10
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

mech wrote:Pfffft to you tomby.
It was merely a joke, hence it being a question. :D
mech

Post by mech »

I know, and yet I felt the need to respond... arghgh
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Risk Factions. 8/10.
I've been very tempted by this game, does the custom/skirmish mode provide enough to keep you coming back once you've finished the main quest?
jobbidiar
XBL ID: jobbidiar
PSN ID: jobbidiar
Steam ID: jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

quick review of some games i've finished in the past few months :

Alan Wake : decent game, linear <-cool Barry your "best mate" was an annoying prick, lighting effects were fantastic the screen tearing and the graphics in general weren't great though. Considering this game took 5 years to make i expected a lot more from it, to repetitive and the "story line" was a incomprehensible mess (bit like gameheds posts i never read anymore)

7/10 worth a rental, would of liked to of seen a sequel come out, with the sluggish sales i really doubt it though.

Singularity : First person shooter which is a mixture of Bioshock/Wolfenstein/Timeshift Set in the present day and past to Russia in the 1950's, was a lot better than i was expecting enjoyed it a lot. The Multiplayer is horrible though.

8/10 definitely worth playing/renting and trading it in, shame it won't sell all that well it's one of the surprises for me this year.

Rogue Warrior : First person shooter which has Mickey Rourke voicing the main character who is hilarious with some of the horrible lines he reads out :lol:
Can be finished within 2 hours :o yes i'm not joking the game is average all the way, and the multiplayer is dead

2.5/10 if you pay full price for this game, since i got it for $9 :lol: and Mickey Rourke's "voice acting" was worth the $9 i paid i'll give it a

3.5/10

Transformers : War For Cybertron

Had no intention of even playing this game until i managed to get it for next to nothing, game surprised me a lot i've got to say. Having not watched the original transformers cartoon for near on 20 years, this game brought back some awesome memories of the series, and how great and cheesy the characters lines were back in the day.

Liked the fact in the campaign that it was 3 player co-op, and also what was great was that you played the Autobots and Deception campaigns, which were a lot different.

The online multiplayer is quite fun as well, the Escalation Mode Similar to Horde mode in gears of war 2 is a lot of fun, it's a shame that you can't actually pick the game that you want to join though, it just throws you in a random game which can be annoying same as the matchmaking for the campaign.

Overall if you were a fan of the transformers in the past or present i highly recommend this game, i think i saw it in the jb-hi fi catalogue for $49? the other day grab it!

8.5/10

Crackdown 2

After playing the demo and not being very impressed with the game wasn't going to bother with it until i traded a game in and got it next to nothing. Basically it's very similar to the first game with 4 player co-op and some online multiplayer thrown in for good measure, the announcer is a pain in the arse this time around, wish he had of shut up bitching to me all the time killing the citizens by accident :lol:

I preferred the look of the original game myself, the ending of the game was terrible yet again!!! i was hoping after the first game ended poorly they would of fixed this, obviously not.

I read that they made the game in 8 months which was very impressive, don't understand why they didn't have twice as much time as that the game would of benefited a lot from it imho.

Overall, if you liked the first game and didn't love it i wouldn't bother, if you LOVED the first game and have a few people to play it with i suppose it's worth picking up.

7.5/10

Games in need to finish/start :

God of war 3
Metro 2033
Alpha Protocol <-= games a lot better than i thought it would be 3/4 way through it worth picking up cheap!
Uncharted 4 GOTY 2015 (unless it's broken like MCC)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

BOOMY wrote:
Twiztid Elf wrote:Risk Factions. 8/10.
I've been very tempted by this game, does the custom/skirmish mode provide enough to keep you coming back once you've finished the main quest?
I'd say not, but tbh I haven't really explored it. I played through the single player campaign and loved it to bits - money well spent right there.
But the ad-hoc single/multi local I've only dabbled and the online I haven't touched.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Super Mario Galaxy 2. 7/10.

Thank fuck for that. It's over. 71 stars and beat Bowser. Just a shade under 17 hours.
The game insanely swings from horrendously chore-like, tedious and frustrating to genius game design in the blink of an eye. Back and forth. You can clearly see why the fanboys go nuts over it, sometimes it is amazing and very enjoyable. But those times are a lot fewer and further between than SMG1. SMG1 was fresh, new and exciting. SMG2 does nothing as well as SMG1 did. It feels shallow, lazy and disjointed. I feel like I've done it all before. And the Wii just flat out doesn't cut it in 2010.

I'm like a battered wife (with chips). I'll be back for Zelda Skyward Sword. Fuck.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Move onto something like Uncharted 2 to wash the salty taste out of your mouth Elf.

Holy shit, did I just recommend a PS3 game? :shock:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yup, UC2 is next. No doubt about it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Have you got a bluetooth headset? If you're ever up for some co-op missions, let me know.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

No. No headset.
jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

t0mby wrote:Have you got a bluetooth headset? If you're ever up for some co-op missions, let me know.
u prick!! :lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

jobbidiar wrote:
t0mby wrote:Have you got a bluetooth headset? If you're ever up for some co-op missions, let me know.
There is a difference between co-op and 5 vs 5 multiplayer. :P
Brown Hornet

Post by Brown Hornet »

Limbo 8.5/10

Atmospheric, affecting, and at times quite challenging. Some might find the relatively short length offputting, but I felt it was perfect. Much longer and it would have overstayed its welcome.

One gripe: in this type of game, I think the real difficulty should be in solving the puzzle. Implementing the solution should be easier. At times, particularly late in the game, the implementation stage becomes frustrating.
jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

t0mby wrote:
jobbidiar wrote:
There is a difference between co-op and 5 vs 5 multiplayer. :P
i have mentioned/pimped a lot to you that the co-op missions were fun to play!!
bitch!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Bullshit! You were pimping multiplayer! ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just finished Uncharted 2 for a second time, only this time on Crushing. Awesome game, I still reckon this is probably the best looking console game this generation.

Going to play it one more time to find the remaining 25 treasures and the Platinum will be mine.