GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: Rate the last game you finished

Post by GreyWizzard »

Transformers War For Cybertron

I think it's a cool reimagining of the start of Transformers. Some great love and respect from the team who made the game. Doesn't rape your childhood in the slightest. I really respect them for that.

The game could have been improved with cover or even a duck button.

I felt the Decepticon storyline was better than the Autobot story line. I think this is because the Decepticon storyline was a flowing story. Each chapter happens directly after the other with no major jumps in time. The Autobot story feels like episodes. It has a logical conclusion and then there is a little bit about how they got to the next location.

There were times in some boss fights... mainly the giant slug, that it was instant death. The game had checkpointed for me, and then I died. The game loaded at the checkpoint and I died faster than the game had just loaded. This happened a few times and I was getting kind of angry. At times in a boss fight it was unclear as to what the next step was, or where the cover was. I found this in the start of the Trypticon battle... as soon as you met him he would finish talking and then kill you. It was pretty brutal and a big step up from the Omega battle. I found the cover points but not after dying about 10 times and me throwing the sound system remote at the arm of my couch. I just felt that in the boss battles, spots could be clearer.

I haven't played much multi... without cover or duck it feels a bit clunky.

On the whole though, I'd give it 7 Stan Bush songs out of 10.
jobbidiar
XBL ID: jobbidiar
PSN ID: jobbidiar
Steam ID: jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

finished alpha protocol the other day, won't go to into depth about it as most people who were interested in this game (like myself) who read the reviews/comments about the game were turned off by it.

I've got to say with all the negative parts to do with the game for example : Shooting mechanics are broken, Enemy A.I is broken, bit of screen tearing here and there, i really did enjoy the game!

I found the voice actor who voiced your character to be pretty generic, As much as i would of liked Nolan North to do the main character he is in the game is all i'll say is he's great :lol: don't really want to spoil it for anyone on this forum that may decide to play the game.

The games more of a third person shooter/stealth game than a "rpg" as they touted it to be, which personally is fine by me as i haven't got the patience to piss fart around with a rpg centric type of game. You can level up your character with stealth attributes, give him more health/strength or improve your accuracy with your shooting (trust me, it helps!)

I did like the way they handled the dialogue options, although it's no Mass Effect 2, i understand that they wanted to make you decide in a flash what you wanted to reply with, it was way too quick though and made it a bit difficult to become friends/enemies with certain characters.

Most of the missions were basically the same thing, either try the stealth method (which i tried in the beginning then gave up) or go in all guns blazing :up:

Some of your friends/enemies in the game send you/your handler hacks into various peoples email accounts and you get a chance to reply and some of the decisions that you have to make depending on how you feel about these people will bring a smile to your face :D

Overall the game has got a decent length, and it can be replayed over if you either were a dead set prick the first time around or you sucked up to every friend/enemy and want to do things differently which i do find a nice touch and it actually does change the game since on occasions you can actually kill people in the game or not.

One of the boss battles in the game was gold, (even though he was a cheap prick knifing me all the time) with a retro 80's song that i'd never heard of and ashamed to admit since the songs awesome! (And was in a recent movie i watched as well)
[Click to see hidden content]

It's a shame that this game didn't sell very well and was in development hell due to Sega (read up on the changes that were made to the game 1/2 way through)
overall i'm glad i got the game for next to nothing as there was no way i was going to pay full price for it, it did surprise me how decent it was compared to the reviews i read about the game prior to playing it and it's going to be one of those underrated gems of this gen imho (ah well least i sleezed on to 3 women in the game as well lol)

I'd give it a 8/10, if you are the sort of gamer who likes to replay games (I'm not) It's definitely replaying over a second time to see where the story takes you.
Uncharted 4 GOTY 2015 (unless it's broken like MCC)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Fairy Tale Fights.

I played through this in coop. It's not a horrible game it's just an overly long beat em up with little to do but twiddle the right stick in circles.

I think if it was shorter and was on XBLA for 800 points it would have done better.

My grievances:
- Too Long
- Camera is often zoomed out too far
- Very easy to lose your character
- Some very hard platforming elements due to unrefined controls
- lacklustre final boss

The goods:
- Multiplayer single screen beat em up
- Some funny and violent cutscenes
- Over the top violence
- Some pretty good boss fights

You really can't recommend the game though. You'd only buy it if you were wanting to play a beat em up with friends and you REALLY wanted to all play a beat em up that is long. So you REALLY REALLY have to be in to beat em ups.

If you can find it for under $10 and LOVE Beat em ups, and have a lot of time to put into it, and have friends who are really in to this type of game with plenty of time on their hands, then go buy it.

I wish there were more 4 player single screen games... I love this kind of stuff, but it is so hard to find any good stuff.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Shatter: 8/10.

I've been going through all my PSN/XBLA games to finish them off since finishing RDR and Ballad of Gay Tony, and I finally finished this the other night. Good fun, great music, really enjoyed it.

Now to polish off Pixeljunk Shooter (have to get enough gems to unlock the final level :() and Dead Space: Extraction...

We'll see if after that I can finish off Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2... time to clear off this backlog!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Good luck with MS2 Mech, that has horrendous rubber band AI in the later levels. I'm quite far through it and it's no fun now, just frustrating.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
mech

Post by mech »

Yeah, I wonder if I should just give it a miss... I might put in an hour or so and see how I'm enjoying it, if I get to a point where I don't like it anymore I'll give it the flick.

I finished the first game 100% and that was a lesson in pain.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm going through Shadow Complex again, awesome game.
mech

Post by mech »

I love that I completely forgot I even had Mario Galaxy 2 or NSMB2. I can't imagine finishing those if the early levels are any indication.
mech

Post by mech »

Pixeljunk Shooter - 7/10. Good fun, but like all the pixeljunk games wears out its welcome, though it's the first one I actually properly finished. Will probably give the sequel a miss.

I'm one level away from finishing deadspace extraction, and it's really wearing on my patience. What a buggy piece of shit. I've had to repeat a few levels know because of crashes and glitches. And weirdly the last level I did took about 4x as long as the level before it. Nice pacing guys.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

I guess it's not worth buying if you've got the original since I assume you can get most of the extras as DLC, but this is a great package. Mercenaries mode is greatly improved, I had given it a bit of a hiding in RE5 standard but got right into it in Gold. Josh kicks arse, and I love bitch-slapping zombies to death with Excella. Desperate Escape was really enjoyable, and felt like an extension of the main game. All that needs to be said really. Lost in Nightmares started off with amazing promise, opening with Jill and Chris in the Spencer mansion, bodies littering the floor. There were a lot of throwbacks to the original, including first person door animations, and I found it really tense and exciting waiting for that inevitable moment when the corpses would all spring to life and attack. Instead the designers opted to dump both characters into seedy waist-deep water with no weapons, forcing the pair to take on multiple bosses by luring them into environmental hazards. I didn't mind it, but after putting so much fan service in place with the opening it felt like a bit of a wasted opportunity. Well worth playing if you get Gold but I'd give Desperate Escape a much higher recommendation if you're shopping for DLC for the original release. I didn't bother trying the Versus mode, frankly it doesn't interest me and there were plenty of other things to do.

It's difficult for me to give this an unbiased score since I came to it after absolutely drilling standard RE5, but the fact that I still enjoyed the main game for the umpteenth time combined with the mostly awesome additions in Gold compels me to give it 8.5/10.
mech

Post by mech »

Dead Space: Extraction - 6.5/10.

Enjoyable enough light-gun game. Predictable ending. Nice enough for a Wii title I guess...
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

ODST. Really enjoyed it. 8 out 10.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Gamma wrote:Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

I guess it's not worth buying if you've got the original since I assume you can get most of the extras as DLC, but this is a great package. Mercenaries mode is greatly improved, I had given it a bit of a hiding in RE5 standard but got right into it in Gold. Josh kicks arse, and I love bitch-slapping zombies to death with Excella. Desperate Escape was really enjoyable, and felt like an extension of the main game. All that needs to be said really. Lost in Nightmares started off with amazing promise, opening with Jill and Chris in the Spencer mansion, bodies littering the floor. There were a lot of throwbacks to the original, including first person door animations, and I found it really tense and exciting waiting for that inevitable moment when the corpses would all spring to life and attack. Instead the designers opted to dump both characters into seedy waist-deep water with no weapons, forcing the pair to take on multiple bosses by luring them into environmental hazards. I didn't mind it, but after putting so much fan service in place with the opening it felt like a bit of a wasted opportunity. Well worth playing if you get Gold but I'd give Desperate Escape a much higher recommendation if you're shopping for DLC for the original release. I didn't bother trying the Versus mode, frankly it doesn't interest me and there were plenty of other things to do.

It's difficult for me to give this an unbiased score since I came to it after absolutely drilling standard RE5, but the fact that I still enjoyed the main game for the umpteenth time combined with the mostly awesome additions in Gold compels me to give it 8.5/10.
I just can't get into it. It seems so bloody difficult, I keep dying, and the game has just started :redface: Probably doesn't help that it's my first Resident Evil game.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

RE5 would have been alot better if it was just RE4 rehashed. Fair enough I didn't play through it with a mate but it lacked the atmosphere and urgency of RE4. having puzzles that clearly didn't require a second person but forced 'teamplay' by adding a second button/lever also sucked.

I enjoyed it, but it was too short and the coop shit didn't add shit, if anything it detracted from the whole experience because there wasn't the same fear of dying and atmosphere of being alone.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Uncharted 2.

Hmmm. I really think I bought way too into the hype on this one and expectations were sky high. Enjoyed it a lot and a fantastic game without question, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I didn't think it was as good as UC1 with the story, pacing or the ending. Terrible, very flat ending imo, compared to UC1 where you were hanging onto the gold coffin swinging around under the helicopter, then up onto the ship. UC1 just seemed far more epic.
GOTY 2009? No. Street Fighter 4 was.

8/10.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Terrible, very flat ending imo, compared to UC1 where you were hanging onto the gold coffin swinging around under the helicopter, then up onto the ship.
Thanks for that, I'm half way through UC1 now.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Well who's fault is that? :P
If you haven't played Uncharted1 by now and you're worried about spoilers - too bad!
It's what? A three/four year old game?

Don't worry I haven't really spoiled it too bad, and it's certainly something to look forwards to. The end of Uncharted 1 is one of the best video game endings ever imo.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Well who's fault is that? :P
If you haven't played Uncharted1 by now and you're worried about spoilers - too bad!
It's what? A three/four year old game?
I only got it yesterday. Been trying to hunt down a non-platinum version for my collection. :P

Anyways, aside from that I am definitely enjoying it a lot and given where I am up to (Chapter 16 I think now), I too rate this above UC2. There are many things is does better, even if some of them are just cosmetic. Oh and the sound effects are way better in UC1 too.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

The script in UC1 just seemed way more tight, focused and well executed imo.

I don't even keep games these days unless they're absolute favorites (NG/DR/Bayo). UC2 will be being traded. The only non DL PS3 games I have are GoW3 and LBP.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I thought the only thing Uncharted 1 did better than 2 was come out earlier. I actually finished 1 with the impression of Drake being a massive dickhead, and the early events of 2 warmed me to the character. Both great games though.
Ambrose Burnside wrote:
Gamma wrote:I just can't get into it. It seems so bloody difficult, I keep dying, and the game has just started :redface: Probably doesn't help that it's my first Resident Evil game.
It's not the bit right near the start is it? A bazillion zombies attack you and you're screwed? If so, you're supposed to run through the next door and bar it behind you. At least on your first run through. Revisit the level and massacre them after acquiring better weapons. If it's not that part, the best overall tip I could give is to not be afraid of getting right up in the baddies faces and getting some melee attacks in there. Melee doesn't cost ammo, deals solid damage, and knocks surrounding enemies down and/or away. Headshot, run in, punch, rinse, repeat. Works a treat, particularly in the earlier levels. Sheva can be a handicap at times if you're playing alone- as soon as you can get the stun rod, give her that and no other weapons, that way she can't waste the ammo you force her to cart around for you.

Are you playing on 360 or PS3? I've got the original release of 5 on 360 and Gold for PS3, I'm up for co-op if our versions line up.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I prefer UC2 over 1. UC2 was much more polished visually, it was much longer, had a number of different environments, added multi player.The difficulty level of crushing wasn't as tough as UC1 which I couldn't continue; some parts were impossible to pass.

I loved playing the different environments that were offered.I spent as much time looking at them as playing them!

Had great dialogue like the first one, and the chatter that goes on between characters during game play isn't lame like in many other games.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I still haven't completed UC1, the terrible gun fights and waves of spawning enemies really distracted from the brilliant story, great platforming and neat puzzles.

If it was more about the adventure than the terrible action I probably would have continued.
mech

Post by mech »

Tough call... some bits of UC1 I definitely liked more, but that may have been the thrill of the new, and the graphics were definitely not as good.

Both games though - amazing. Really great 3rd person action adventure games, some of the best this gen.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Uncharted 2.

Hmmm. I really think I bought way too into the hype on this one and expectations were sky high. Enjoyed it a lot and a fantastic game without question, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I didn't think it was as good as UC1 with the story, pacing or the ending. Terrible, very flat ending imo, compared to UC1 where you were hanging onto the gold coffin swinging around under the helicopter, then up onto the ship. UC1 just seemed far more epic.
GOTY 2009? No. Street Fighter 4 was.

8/10.
1 on 1 MP is bliss.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

UC2 is an exquisite game but I liked UC1 more. The pacing seemed better and I'm not sure what the kill count is in 1 vs 2 but the sheer number of dudes Nate murdered in 2 seemed over the top towards the end.