Rate the last game you finished

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat V3.14

Rate the last game you finished

Post by Pat V3.14 »

Pretty obvious what this is about.

What was the last game you played through til the end and what did you think of it?
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

God of War I (PS3)
Never had a chance to play it on the PS2 as I had sold the console well before the game was out. The story started out a little weak, but once I got going it reeled me in. Also, the updated graphics and sound probably helped the experience. Really enjoyed the game and great value in the 2 pack with God of War II.

Glad I didn't miss out on this series (now off to finish God of War II and then III).
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Yellow!
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

I played hide the sausage with your mum lastnight. Didn't rate it.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

:lol:

dead space was the last game i finished, excellent game has a good atmosphere

twas the game that cracked 50,000 GS for me

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Mass Effect 2, was great.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

notice Pat didnt mention his last 'Waggletard' game he completed....

all a bit complicated these 'Waggletard' games eh Pat?

:D
Pat V3.14

Post by Pat V3.14 »

Man I havent finished a waggletard game in ages (last one being Heavy Rain). I actually had a count of them this morning and I have 53 of them. :shock:

Just started on Ocarina though so I may be a while before coming back to them.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Final Fantasy XIII, my first FF game and I loved it!!

Game clock was at 55 hours once I finished ... yowzers, haven't played a game of that length for ages.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I rarely finish games these days. I see the basic mechanics of the game, and then find the rest of it dull and repetitive. 10 hours of the same BS gets on my nerves. Story telling generally sucks in games these days too, and I struggle to stay interested.

Last game I finished was Heavy Rain. Once you get past the training bit, it takes off into a fantastic experience. Yeah there is heaps you can rag on, but any game that has me sitting on my couch for a single 10 hour session is pretty good in my book.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Pat V3.14 wrote:Man I havent finished a waggletard game in ages (last one being Heavy Rain). I actually had a count of them this morning and I have 53 of them. :shock:

Just started on Ocarina though so I may be a while before coming back to them.
I hope you have a lot of air freshener around because that's a massive pile of turds you have sitting in your loungeroom.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Must have been BF:BC2 and I really dug it, only did single player, I quite liked it.
Pat V3.14

Post by Pat V3.14 »

Froggy wrote: I hope you have a lot of air freshener around because that's a massive pile of turds you have sitting in your loungeroom.
From someone who keeps buying Transformers games, that means nothing.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

lol, 'Formers games, dreadfull. They couldn't be any worse than the huge piles of worm-ridden orangutan shit that were the films though.
jobbidiar
XBL ID: jobbidiar
PSN ID: jobbidiar
Steam ID: jobbidiar

Post by jobbidiar »

Bad Company 2 love it!
Uncharted 4 GOTY 2015 (unless it's broken like MCC)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Portal. Pretty good, yeah?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Final Fantasy XIII. Great game. It's different in many ways, yes, but most of it is for the better.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

One never completes World Of Warcraft.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Pat V3.14 wrote:
Froggy wrote: I hope you have a lot of air freshener around because that's a massive pile of turds you have sitting in your loungeroom.
From someone who keeps buying Transformers games, that means nothing.
doesn't mean I play it, a turds a turd. You have 53 of them, I have one.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I've only played short games lately.
Instead of listing one, I will just list a bunch I did for the past few weeks.

Phantasy Star 0

6 - lotsa grinding weapons in this. Makes it harder to research which are the good things and which things you should dump. (the total amount of grinding differs for each thing making you have to guess which will end up being the better weapon based on potential not just on what the initial stats tell you)

Tekken 6 (psp)

8 - buy this if you own a psp. Cuts out the excess modes from the home versions and is great to play on public transport. No online mode though which is a shame. Best to play Bleach Dark Souls on DS over this if you want online handheld fighter.

Tatsunoko vs capcom

8 - needs more characters, more moves (go back to 6 buttons) and cel shaded realtime cg endings. What's there is fun and has loads of replayability and the animation is really nice and smooth. (big update from mvc2 days but having said that these are 3d models) Online mode is ok if you can find people. This is a niche title though so don't expect non-anime nerds to flock to it.

Street Fighter IV

9 - deliberately made incomplete. Requires a stick and is missing deejay and thawk which would have been easy to include since the character design is finished. But we all go easy on it because it's finally a sequel to SF. :P Doesn't deserve a 10 imo since the game uses boyband music for a fighting game which I reckon is an odd choice. tween girls are not going to play this.

Double Dragon Advance (GBA)

8 - play this everyday and is a great lil beat em up. Legit purchase, bought it on ebay, and has good balance with weapons and attacks making each of the different ways you fight have advantages and disadvantage. (just like halo you really need to change your attack style on harder difficulty)
eg Twirling spin kicks might be useles on easy settings but save your butt on hardest settings when pushing people is key to survival. Bats might kick butt on slo enemies but on harder settings kicking them before swinging is a must to prevent them ducking your swing. And as enemies are more numerous, faster, smarter (more agile) and the time limit becomes a factor you will always sweat trying to beat this on the hardest setting even on replays. But it is always your own fault for losing and using dumb tactics - the true spirit of a challenging arcade game.

Castlevania Order of Eclesia

9 - the game has great balance in difficulty that makes you respect bosses and pay attention to enemy weakness. No gimmicky touchscreen features, just a great metroid like platform rpg.
Just the right gamelength that doesn't stretch itself out too long. Don't listen to others the game is not hard.

Call of Duty Mobilized

7 - the single player campaign needed to be longer imo. Never got a chance to play this online with 6 people.

Dementium The Ward

6 - horrible horrible save system, lacks story, lots of repetitive areas, enemies are just variations of the same stuff you see early in the game, and the combat is weird (you have to wait until something stops flashing before you can damage it again). But it's a survival horror fps so I went easy on it because I don't see many of these.

Sonic The Hedgehog 1

7 - sonic is a good character but his abilities are best appreciated in areas where jumping at max speed on a hill with a slope can get you to super jump to get to places you couldn't normally. Otherwise it suffers from the same thing donkey kong country does: assumes you know where all places leads to before you get to them, without giving subtle hints. (just trial and error gameplay, unless you are jedi and can predict whats up ahead the first time)

King Of Fighters XII

6 - not enough meat on its bones. But a good start to get the series updated for the HD consoles. Makes sure you make the graphics a bit blurry in the options though, or you will see jaggies.

I plan on starting a rpg next, probably Infinite Space or something which I saw was out in oz now. I'm drawn to it because I am a fan of anime show called "legend of the galactic heroes" which is a space war epic with space fleets fighting each other. Maybe I am just in the mood for something original?
Last edited by GameHED on 30 Mar 2010 09:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

heavy rain. i really enjoyed it at the time, but looking back, it wasn't so great. I think that's because i'm comparing it to films, not games?

i'd like a sequel written and acted by people who don't suck.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I admit there were some 'sucky' moments during the game ( mostly dialogue) but I still enjoyed the game.I would go far as saying it's my current GOTY because it offered something different and was entertaining.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I think COD MW2 was the last game I finished, I have a lot I have started which I've vowed to finish before I go buying new games. I nearly finished Red Alert 3 then I started on burnout paradise... so one of them next.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

my GOTY is probably picross on gameboy grey, or tetris
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Bad Company 2 was really enjoyable. It shat all over MW2's ludicrous campaign and did so many things much much better. Loved the digs at MW2 in it also :D

9/10

with a 10/10 for multiplayer.