Diablo IV

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Diablo IV

Post by Rorschach »

Didn't see a thread for this one - I've already pre-installed. I bought the Ultimate version just to get early access, everything else being a bonus. Really enjoyed the beta and despite playing KBAM found using a controller much more intuitive. I spent far too much time on Diablo 3 back in the day. Suspect this'll supplant my Destiny 2 addiction.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Diablo IV

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I bought Ultimate too. I've been playing Grim Dawn the last couple of sessions to get my ARPG on.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Game is live for Deluxe and Ultimate owners. I've not bothered trying to login myself knowing there would surely be long queues or technical issues. Battlenet currently has a notice on the Diablo 4 page advising login issues. Playstation users have errors advising a valid license couldn't be found.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Early issues appear to have been quickly ironed out. Can't wait to check this out tonight.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'm loving it so far. I need to start up a clan to keep track of who wants to play. Definitely easier with a group of people.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I didn't get past the character creator last night. Both kids sick yesterday so they were up and wandering. What class did you decide upon? I was torn between necro and rogue. Both styles appeal equally but the character aesthetics of necro win out so I'll start with that. I also think I'll appreciate the rogue's speed more after playing a slower character.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

All good. I ended up doing Destiny 2 with a mate who doesn't have Diablo (you might have got a message to assist with a Dungeon last night). I went with Druid - it looks like it mash up of sorcerer and barbarian - comfortable at short and long range. I played necro in the beta and enjoyed it, solid choice. Everyone I know went sorcerer as that seems to be the meta.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

is it just me, or is controller support broken on PC? For me, it knows that a controller is connected as all the interaction icons change as soon as I press a button. But... nothing works at all.

EDIT: Works fine now after an update. Go figure.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I finally finished the campaign last night. I'd recommend largely sticking with the campaign quests until story completion for first playthrough if you can. I sidetracked heavily until about act 4. Even with a campaign focus it was still so easy to do side stuff and I finished the campaign at level 51. You're intended to finish the story pre level 50. It's also a good campaign so better to keep the characters and story flowing. The game does well to ramp up the quality all the way to the end. The final acts were very good IMO. My necro felt nicely powerful for the final fights. Loving the game.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Diablo IV is grindy as hell but I'm enjoying it. I can't imaging when I'll hit level 100 - a real slow burn game.
SythBlade
i just want to be accepted

Post by SythBlade »

Yeh I need to get back on it. I got majorly distracted by Zelda, and a few other things...
[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3413/sigkc3.jpg[/img]
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Season 2 is good. Everything is improved - loot, XP and money constantly flowing in and my display constantly lit up with great looking powers and abilities. Just what you want from an ARPG. They've noticeably accelerated progression. I just hit level 70 after about 25 or so hours of play. My Sorcerer is kind of laughably OP. There's a ball lightning ability that melts the game. I anticipate an update will reign it in shortly.