Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Black DS Lite or Fuck Nintendo and their Dead Pixel Policy

Post by Talez »

Ooooooh... shiny! :D

Last edited by Talez on 22 Sep 2006 08:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

How much?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

$188 from JB.

Took 10 minutes from work to go grab it.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Not bad eh. Any dead/stuck pixels/cracked case/blurry screen/hater's excuse etc?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Dunno. Still charging it :P
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

OOOH!

Look for a cracked hinge and report.

Now the darkness is out I think I may look into a replacement for my cracked whitey.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

No cracked hinge, no stuck pixels *touches wood*, screen is absolutely fucking brilliant next to old faithful.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Pff white lite is the way to go :up:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Fucking bright subpixel.

Took it back to JB Hifi. They wouldn't replace it.

:evil:

If Nintendo are going to pull this shit I'm just going to fuck them off.

Seriously, I put up with their limited fucking library during the N64 days, I put up with double shit on Gamecube with the limited titles and 2 year old titles still have a list price of $99.95 and I put up with their triple shit with DS games getting close to 80 fucking dollars.

It's a fucking DS lite. The reason we rebuy this stupid shit is because they fixed the fucking screen. If Samsung can stand by a 17" screen with a zero pixel defect warranty at least during the first 7 days then you'd think Nintendo would be able to stand by the defects in two pissy little 256x192 screens.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

jb won't do it, no retailer will, ring nintendo themselves you ninny
or at least they'd do it in the days of the ds phat
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

They dont anymore? EB did when the Phat launched...
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

G'day Talez, I had a very similar problem with my DS phat at launch, bought it from Dick Smith, noticed a dead pixel took it back and they refused to replace it, the easiest way around this I found, was to tell them that I'd be rightfully returning my DS under their 14 day return policy, and buying a new one until I got a DS without a dead pixel, they quickly changed their tune and just let me swap one over.

JBHifi doesn't have a money back guarantee, but they do have a return policy for store credit, I suggest just taking it back and asking for store credit, then buying a new one :) Or tell them a similar spiel that you'll keep doing so until you get one, sans a dead pixel!

I hope that helps and best of luck, got to agree though, the dead pixel policies on the PSP and DS are fucking outrageous, especially when companies can guarantee no dead pixels on monitors much bigger and with many more pixels.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Texas wrote:They dont anymore? EB did when the Phat launched...
And they ended up with a few 1000 DS units that nintendo wouldnt take back, apparently.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Yeah fuck it take it back and ask for a refund or store credit, due to your brother already purchasing one from eb or Kmart. Act dumb its always the best policy when doing shit like that.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Well, I found out the "zero dead pixel policy" I thought the DS had was only for the states. I went back to JB to apologise to the guy but he'd already gone home.

I figure I'll write Nintendo a letter expressing my disappointment.

I'm always very careful buying that sort of stuff. Apart from Apple stuff (which you can't really get around) I try to only buy stuff with a zero pixel defect warranty or with a zero pixel defect in the first 7 days warranty (hence my unhealthy Samsung fetish).

At least the box had the Nintendo Seal of Quality. I guess that means I get to feel good about my dead pixel.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Talez wrote: At least the box had the Nintendo Seal of Quality. I guess that means I get to feel good about my dead pixel.
LMAO...Quote of the week!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol: :lol:

I too broke out into laughter when I saw that.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

you know it's changed to just 'the official nintendo seal,' right? nothing about quality anymore...
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Dead pixels do suck, i too was under the impression that DS around the world had a zero dead pixel policy. But seems that's not the case. I reckon doing what Ben said is the go mate. Get a refund and then try your luck again.

You could also try rubbing the dead pixel. Sometimes that can bring back the contacts and it will start working again.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

US only for zero dead pixels? What a joke. I was thinking about getting a black DS Lite with that Mario game released a few months back but if this is the case, there is no way I will even look at it. What has happened to Nintendo over these last few years!?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

They became shit*. Fucking duh.

*I refer of course to Nintendo Australia who manage to fuck things up these days like a regular Sega Ozisoft.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

It is worse than that the changes they have made. I recall having no issues returning an NES for repair after around three or so years of usage and not being charged a cent. That was back with the lifetime warranty. Even with the N64 they replaced multiple controllers when they had white powder coming from the stick.

All I had to do for any issue was take it back to the store I bought it from and Nintendo took care of the rest. It might have taken a week or so back then (could have been longer) but at least they fixed it. I read somewhere that they had less than a 0.2% fault rate at one point with the GameBoy so with that "quality" (term you don't see these days), surely it would be better to have a decent image than what they have currently.

As for Ozisoft, they didn't even make the list due to the fact I had given up on the DC long before it was released locally. I can't believe I read that page (DC official site) when it was first written by Steve O'Leary, back then I didn't even know that name.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Talez wrote:They became shit*. Fucking duh.

*I refer of course to Nintendo Australia who manage to fuck things up these days like a regular Sega Ozisoft.
Jeez, that's a bit harsh, isn't it?
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

My original DS phat had a dead pixel. (or is it stuck? It was stuck red)

I was too lazy to do anything about it though since it didn't really affect the games.

The DS Lite I got however is perfect. I've been pretty lucky with nintendo consoles so far over the years. As the sales drop, quality drops too.

because of the Lamchop rule:
sales = quality

I thought though that the original GBA felt very cheap for some reason. The cover on the back used to hold the batteries just snapped one day suddenly. Pretty pissed off. Batteries would sometimse fall out suddenly while I was playing a game and then the power would go off and I would lose my place within the game and then start from where I last had it saved. :(
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto