Sinden Light gun

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Sinden Light gun

Post by Froggy »

I thought I made a post on this but can't find it. Anyone got one of these? Wouldn't mind hearing a non promo'd perspective as I don't trust youtubers.

https://www.sindenlightgun.com/
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Sinden Light gun

Post by unfnknblvbl »

if they could somehow get it t work on Android or consoles, I'd be all over that. As a PC-only solution, though? hmmmmm

Edit: $250 for a single gun with recoil? That's a hard pass. And that's coming from a guy that dropped $650 on an XBox One steering wheel - which at least works on PC as well.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Speaking of steering wheels, why are they so expensive? Back in the PS2 days you could get one for a couple of hundred dollars for Gran Turismo, now they're $650 like you say :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

They're a shitload better than they used to be, which helps.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:if they could somehow get it t work on Android or consoles, I'd be all over that. As a PC-only solution, though? hmmmmm

Edit: $250 for a single gun with recoil? That's a hard pass. And that's coming from a guy that dropped $650 on an XBox One steering wheel - which at least works on PC as well.
I can understand why it's expensive though, it seems a lot but considering I haven't had a accurate light gun since maybe the ps2. The dreamcast madcats one was infuriating that it wasn't accurate and dont think the dreamgun ever got here. If it's as accurate as it appears in the videos I've seen, with recoil it'll be worth it. I was thinking of building a raspberrypi 4 8gb emulator with it so it can run all the newer stuff and hopefully future emulated arcade games well. So yeah to be all in to have a working gun that I can game with on the big screen's gonna be a decent investment but it's been so long since I've had one of these babies at home. It used be one of the first things I'd want to buy with a console so the nostalgia is getting me too.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely know where you're coming from. Like I said, if it worked on Android TV at least, I'd be all over it. I'm super happy with my ShieldTV and don't see any reason to hook up something else just for a handful of games.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ah ok, I get it, I never thought of the Android TV. Right yes in that case your dead on if this thing gets Android support it's a much more attractive proposition.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Alrighty, finally ordered one of these with recoil... now the what appears to be 5 - 6 week wait for it to come from the UK and then the joy of configuration!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

And it's actually already in the way so they must have stock now.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!