Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Microcontent goes crazy - GTHD = ~US$400

Post by Talez »

Linkage
The latest issue of Famitsu has an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi for the new Gran Turismo on PS3.

+ They'll release the new Gran Turismo called "Gran Turismo HD" (they use the same name as the E3 demo for the product name) for the PS3 soon. It's composed of 2 parts, Premium and Classic.

+ The proper GT5 is going to hit in 2008. GT HD is meant to grow the rich network service before GT5. The online modes in Classic are based on the 4 modes in GT4:Online beta (Quick Race/Tuned Race/Private Race/Time Attack) and several other modes are added. The online will be launched worldwide at the same time.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Premium is essentially a GT5 prologue that uses the full graphics power of the PS3. (Pictures show a 3D spectator crowd, very detailed car models with interiors.) The weather changes while racing. It comes with 2 courses (both original and new, city and nature) and 30 cars including new ones. You can buy additional 30 cars and 2 courses (real circuits) later online. This part is played in a casual arcade mode. It's a pure driving simulator and almost a tool as you don't get cars in in-game events, you just do whatever you want with cars and courses or buy new ones via online.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this part starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 tracks are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves.

+ Not all cars and courses are available on the release date, they are added monthly. Some models may be a limited release for 1000 units. New playing modes and tuning parts may be available via download. It's still undecided if they allow trade among users in fear of real money trade.
Fuck you anyone who ever bought microcontent. You've only just gone and encouraged the fuckers :evil:
Pat

Post by Pat »

Ouch.
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

I wanna see someone spin this. Anyone.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Gotta buy 'em all
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

If the Xbox 360 fanboys don't defend this as consumer choice I'm going to be highly annoyed.

This is why addons in general are a bad idea. You always pay a stupid fucking price if you actually want a complete package.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Well Im pissed off because I just spent 20 star coins on a fucking bottom screen wallpaper in NSMB. Ripoffs!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Plus they need to subsidise blue diode production costs.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

My head hurts.

Where is GT4 online for the PS2 anyhow?

I would be very weary of buying and expecting more content to follow.

You've got to atleast release a game then start shafting people. Man just think if COD2 etc were all released as the map packs then months down the track you get to buy the full game..

Heard of a Demo Fuckers!?
Last edited by General Chaos on 21 Sep 2006 04:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Err i don't see this as microcontent, it's more macro content, since they don't even include a full normal game that GT4 had.

Forza2 FTW folks.

Actually reading it more, it sounds like you're buying an alpha game and waiting for them to actually build the content in which they charge you to have the privilege of playing an incomplete alpha game. :down:

sony have lost it totally.
Last edited by lestat on 21 Sep 2006 04:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

If that's true it's insane.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

It's not a full, normal game because it serves as a stop-gap between major releases but of course it's nothing more than a shameless cash-grab as per every microtransaction-based game and will diminish GT5's aniticpation and eventual reception.
mech

Post by mech »

Lol, someone on B3D managed to spin it, Microsoft style...

It's about choice. They're not forcing the user to buy stuff they don't want. Hahahahahaha.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

There were people on GAF spinning it that way too :laugh:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

What. The. Fuck.

I don't want to ever use the Lancia Delta in Sega Rally but I still want it in the fucking game.

God that's a fucked way of spinning it.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

mech wrote:Lol, someone on B3D managed to spin it, Microsoft style...

It's about choice. They're not forcing the user to buy stuff they don't want. Hahahahahaha.
This would be like Microsoft selling the Xbox 360 case with no contents and then releasing a shitload of parts at premium prices to build your console.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

But wouldn't that be the greatest if they did let you pick and choose parts?

Don't need Dolby Digital? Don't pay for it! Don't need the wireless controllers? Don't pay for the transceiver!

It would be the ultimate in consumer choice and isn't Microsoft supposed to be waving that flag nowadays?

[/offtopic][/damagecontrol][/spin][/cliché]
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I know they intend to do the same with singstar.

But I'm thinking will there be a GT5?, if they plan to progressively add content online. Then the game is ever evolving and growing. They may over time bundle all the current content and release it as a full game disc. But still continue to improve/add content. It kinda seems like the direction they're heading into. Milk the hardcore fans and keep em fed, then bundle the content after a certain amount of time and sell it as a normal game to the casuals.

lol Talez, it would be like a DELL console, built to order. ;)
Last edited by lestat on 21 Sep 2006 04:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

So as far as online content goes - you have to buy it to use it, but then how do you play against people who dont have a given premium car? Either you dont, or the content is already on the disc ....
Pat

Post by Pat »

Talez wrote:But wouldn't that be the greatest if they did let you pick and choose parts?

Don't need Dolby Digital? Don't pay for it! Don't need the wireless controllers? Don't pay for the transceiver!

It would be the ultimate in consumer choice and isn't Microsoft supposed to be waving that flag nowadays?

[/offtopic][/damagecontrol][/spin][/cliché]
Sounds like a PC....
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

That's pretty much what they are these days. And to think add-ons used to spell doom for consoles.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'd say with that as a given, it's time to bring back the 32X.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

So SEGA must have been geniuses and a generation ahead of everyone else with all their add-ons for their consoles!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

always were a generation ahead of everyone else
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

lestat wrote:I know they intend to do the same with singstar.
Singstar I can handle because buying songs a'la carte is more socially acceptable as the record labels need to license each song.
lol Talez, it would be like a DELL console, built to order. ;)
It would probably cost double the price that it does now too for each part. Instead of value packed convergence you'd end up with premium pricing for premium parts.

Oh shit. Did I say the c-word again? :D
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Wow that's bad.

Have we seen extra content for our games on 360 released for free yet(other than the limited time for Texas Hold'em)?

When LIVE first came about,few content downloads were released for a fee.Now it seems that nothing but demos and trailers are free.

And think about this...if Sony think this is the way to go,then you can bet bucks that EA will shaft everyone playing last year's games with complete backing from Sony.

I've tolerated the microtransactions from LIVE but I think this news has made my decision regarding buying a PS3.I won't be.

And on top of that,we're still to see anything in the way of the Sony online model other than announcements.How shameful will it be if the online world for the PS3 is only marginally better than that of the PS2.It's all good and well to release cars and tracks for download (as in PGR2 & 3) but we know that the environment we'll use those downloads in is solid.

Yes means no and backwards is actually forward.

This is great news for those undecided on buying a PS3 in any case.