Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Does this now mean they will add the missing HDMI port to the back of the Expesive Pack? :)
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Funny you mention that Texas
Ken Kutaragi announced that the 20GB version of PlayStation 3 will come with one HDMI port, and the 60GB version will have two HDMI ports for super letterbox display on side-by-side HDTVs. The 20GB version will be sold for 49980 yen in Japan on November 11, 2006.
Even sony has now realised there isn't any point to the 60gb model now. :lol:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Are you fucking KIDDING ME?

Ken = insane.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Well that pretty much seals the fate of the 60GB option. Who would have thought the tard pack would be better value :laugh:

At least now it's a more viable option for those who dont want to struggle fitting two 1080p displays in the one room (although at least that option is back on the cards).

I think Ill just buy the must have games as they come out, and the 20GB model when its a lot cheaper.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I hope developers do take advantage of two screens though. Kind of like when the DC had some games supportive of the vga box peripheral, it wasn't something everyone would use (and nobody should expect it for every game) but for those who had it, they really apreciated it. Maybe there is a handful of really good games that would make use of it?

Nevertheless the reduced price has me more interested in ps3 now.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I can't believe that two months out from launch they're still fiddling around with the hardware :run:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:I can't believe that two months out from launch they're still fiddling around with the hardware :run:
Uhhhh you must've missed that it's being delayed almost worldwide with exception of America and Japan. They only intend on 500,000 units at launch.

Kind've glad we were delayed. Those 500,000 machines are going to be beta testers for us :thumbsup: So long as my tard pack has a HDMI port... this should be a day one purchase for me. A faulty machine on day one was one of my main concerns. With 4 extra months for fixing the issues, i'll feel more confident with the purchase.
Ambrose Burnside

mxlegend99 wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:I can't believe that two months out from launch they're still fiddling around with the hardware :run:
Uhhhh you must've missed that it's being delayed almost worldwide with exception of America and Japan. They only intend on 500,000 units at launch.
Yeah, but the US and Japan aren't going to get different hardware than us. It's only two months away from launch.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Oh boo hoo. On the assumption that wireless is provided by a slot in card and the memory card reader is just a header that plugs into the motherboard (both valid assumptions), PS3 tard and premium system boards are now going to be identical.
mxlegend99
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
Yeah, but the US and Japan aren't going to get different hardware than us. It's only two months away from launch.
I was just saying that it may be 2 months from launch... but they're not going to be doing the 4/6 million they originally claimed.

And our hardware will be better. We aren't the beta testers... the Japs and Yanks are. :up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

And our hardware will be better. We aren't the beta testers... the Japs and Yanks are.
Yep the delay is a blessing in disguise. Combined with the fact a lot games like VF5 will be ready in feb/march. So our launch lineup will look even better.
mech

Post by mech »

Yeah it's much like the 360 launch all over again...

Speaking of which, did you see Microsoft admitted all their launch consoles were borked? Free extra warranty on all of them now and refunds for repairs needed. Good to see them actually fucking admit that, it happens so rarely.
Ambrose Burnside

I think this generation is going to be the best ever. Including PSP/DS.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yeah the fault apparently is one related to solder issues. ie the GDDR ram chips and the solder weren't correctly done, which lead to machines getting dry joints over time. Which is the cause of the 3 rings of death.

MS have dropped the ball though when it comes to quality control on the 360. It's good that they've admited they fucked up finally.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

mech wrote:Yeah it's much like the 360 launch all over again...

Speaking of which, did you see Microsoft admitted all their launch consoles were borked? Free extra warranty on all of them now and refunds for repairs needed. Good to see them actually fucking admit that, it happens so rarely.
Any idea if that includes the AU ones as well?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

We have 12months warranty here Shaneus. The issue was people in the states only got 3months and systems were failing after that period prematurely. I think if your system has lasted the past 6 months without issue you should be ok.

Yesterday was pretty warm in sydney, it got to 32 degrees. So it was a good test for my 360. The room I play in was cooking and for the first time ever i heard my 360 fans rev up to full speed. Went all day long gaming without a problem. The summer here will be a good test for your 360 I reckon.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Oh, I was more thinking of the dry solders than the heat... I'm pretty sure mine is fine as far as that goes! I've cranked the heater several times while playing the 360 and it was running fine.