Pro Evolution Soccer.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Pro Evolution Soccer.

Post by DjBigK »

Seeing as this is currently the only game (Pro Evolution Soccer 5) that I am playing on any system (X-Box) I thought I would make a thread for it.

Me and three mates are in the middle of having a Pro Evolution World Cup (We had a draw to determine which teams we would have - we each have eight teams, one from each Pool). We have played through all of the group matches and some of the second round matches. If anyone wants me to go into more detail on this, just say the word (you know you want to).

Otherwise, let this be the place where you heap praise on the best (but still flawed :( ) soccer game ever.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

agreed...... fucking brilliant game... how people put themselves through that rubbish that is Fifa World Cup 06 is beyond me.....
Pat

Post by Pat »

Pro Evo 06 for 360 is due out in october-ish. Ill be picking it up for sure.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

That means I'll have to pick up an Xbox 360 then. Hope there is a price drop before then!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I have an unofficial policy that states:

1) Never pay full price for a sports game
2) After buying a sports game (say, a soccer game), wait several years before buying another game based on the same sport. This usually means that at most I buy two soccer games a generation.

So my soccer collection has gone:

International Soccer (C64)->FIFA (the original, PC)->FIFA 96 (PSone)->ISS Pro 98 (PSone)->ISS (the PS2 launch game, PS2)->PES3 (PS2)

AFL:

AFL 99 (PSone)->AFL Live 2003 (PS2)->AFL Premiership 2005 (PS2)

My next lot of sports games will be next-gen for sure. Can't wait :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I guess it would depend on how much you play the games. Given how much me and my mates play Pro Evo, each iteration of the game is vastly different for us.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Yeah looking forward to Pro Evo 06.

Anyone know if Konami have picked up anymore rights to use International and/or Club teams names and logos in the game.

Not too fussed If they havent as the gameplay shites on FIFA's, Even though im currently playing FIFA. :oops:
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Muzza, don't think they will be able to get any more right to the Premier League, as EA owns those rights. Currently they are able to individually purchase the rights to two Premier League teams. In Pro Evo 5 they bought the rights to Chelsea and Arsenal.. not sure who they will go for in Pro Evo 6. Thankfully though, there is crazy football fans out there with plenty of time on their hands that have modified all of the Emblems, Strips etc and so it is like it is fully licenced anyway. The speed in which they release the updated option files once the game has come out in phenomenal, and certainly adds to the experience. Only concern is how we'll be able to replace the option file on the XBox360 version. Is it possible to FTP into an Xbox 360? As all you then need to do is replace the existing option file with the new modifed one.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Thanks for the heads up DjBigK.

Didn't no that they could only purchase the rights to 2 P.L. teams! Hopefully there will be a way to transfer the option file over to the 360 by the time of its release.

Either way this is probably my most anticipated sport title for 360! Cant wait!
I love the fact that each version plays slightly different to the previous version, Its like a fresh coat of paint, and a whole different learning curve!
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Muzza wrote:Thanks for the heads up DjBigK.

Didn't no that they could only purchase the rights to 2 P.L. teams! Hopefully there will be a way to transfer the option file over to the 360 by the time of its release.

Either way this is probably my most anticipated sport title for 360! Cant wait!
I love the fact that each version plays slightly different to the previous version, Its like a fresh coat of paint, and a whole different learning curve!
Exactly! After a while of playing a new version it's always fun to go back to playing the old one for a while. The changes are so noticeable that way!
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

I hope this is realtime. The first batch of shots looked like a C grade XBOX game. This, while low poly (compared to fifa) looks great with the self-shadowing and realistic lighting. :up:
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

We finished the Pro Evo World Cup last night.

The Netherlands won.

Golden boot was a tie between Adriano, and Pimpong (Ghana!!!) with 4 goals each.