Good graphics on a Wii? o_0

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat

Good graphics on a Wii? o_0

Post by Pat »

HEROES!

This is by the same guys who did Killer 7, a Capcom spinoff division. I think one of the characters in this basically Sylvia from Viewtiful Joe as well.

There's a video available here.
TGS 2006: Heroes Trailer
The developer of Killer 7 readies a game just as psycho-surreal for Wii. Check out the trailer in high-res glory.
by Matt Casamassina

September 22, 2006 - Nintendo fans may know the name Suda 51. He was the director for the ultra-cool psycho-thriller Killer 7, which carved out a name for itself on GameCube for its slick cel-shaded style and over-the-top violent storyline.

Now Suda 51 is bringing Nintendo fans an all-new adventure. Not a sequel to Killer 7, but something altogether new. The game is called Heroes and -- like Killer 7 -- it features both cel-shaded visuals and a storyline that deals with assassins. Apparently players control a killer who would like to move up the ranks and become the world's top assassin. Armed with a trusty futuristic sword and lots of ambition, he sets out to obliterate the competition.

Straight from TGS we present readers with the direct-feed trailer for the game. Check it out, analyze it, and see what you can come up with. For now, we don't know much about gameplay, but we're certainly intrigued by the style. (Although, the voice work could, well, use some work.)

One thing's for sure: Suda 51 is doing his best -- yet again -- to make sure that Nintendo's console is not just for younger gamers.

Get downloading the trailer now in our media section below.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Looks great! I have no idea what it's all about, but i'm impressed. Hopefully the game is as good as it's graphics... :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I thought Riddick was getting a port to Wii.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

this is old news
and good graphics? i guess...i mean they look cool and all, but they're not exactly technically impressive. it could all be cg for god's sake...
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

If you think this trailer is real time you're kinda on drugs.

It might represent what they are aiming for the final game to look like, but it's pretty clearly a render at this point, what with the whole presentation and seamless changes of stuff going on everywhere.

Pretty cool trailer though, reminded me of a nice high budget movie trailer.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

apart from the obviously composited bits, i don't see any reason why a cube couldn't do this...almost.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

Besides the initial video with the spray can for the developer there is a complete chance the rest is realtime. Cel shaded graphics aren't exactly the most taxing style on the GPU.