PS3 @ TGS thoughts

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

PS3 @ TGS thoughts

Post by Candy Arse »

.....totally awesome about sums it up. I've been abusing my download cap and watching a lot of gameplay stuff and I'm now officially excited for this machine, which is a long way from where I was after Sony killed E3 earlier this year.

Heavenly Sword, VF5, RR7, Motorstorm, DMC4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Resistance (I've now come around fully on this), Fatal Inertia, MGS4, FFXIII all look tops. Warhawk could be really good but the ground missions look a tad dull compared to the flying. IMO that game should stay airborne.

I'm keen to see what they do with Madden 07 on PS3. 360 version is officially mediocre. Overall PS3 has improved out of sight I have to say with what I've seen so far.

I look forward to seeing MS's response at X06. Next-gen could be really good with both MS and Sony firing.
Misly
Blackened is the end
XBL ID: Misly

Re: PS3 @ TGS thoughts

Post by Misly »

Candy Arse wrote:...I've been abusing my download cap and watching a lot of gameplay stuff...
How about some direct links for us lazy bums so we can abuse our download caps as well?

Crappy You-Tube quality, but you get an idea.

Heavenly Sword
Virtua Fighter 4
Ridge Racer 7
Motorstorm
Warhawk
F1 Edit = Thanks for the reminder sweet bum
And for further abuse on those download caps.....
Beatboxing parrot!! (Note: This is NOT a Playstation 3 game)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnFV-fvgOu0&NR[/youtube]
Last edited by Misly on 24 Sep 2006 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
:rock:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yeah i have to say i am getting excited for ps3 too. It's gonna be the first time sony are gonna deliver a machine that has what i consider decent quality visuals. Plus the changes made to the now "non tard" pack put it in my acceptable price range.

Also the delay has really given developers time to polish the games. I really consider ps3 as starting out using 2nd gen software, because of all the hardware delays. Which is probably a good thing for sony now, cause they're asking for more $$$ they need make a good first impression. Also i think first party wise sony are probably a lot more driven, offering more than ms are.

I reckon this is going to be a great generation. I look forward to being broke. :up:
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Im not sold On PS3 yet, the only game Im remotely interested in, from the list Candy mentions is VF4.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

WTF is with "Afrika"?!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Looks like some sort of interactive tech demo to me.

Also F1 looks really nice.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Heres a link to soem VF4 fights,

Background graphics kick arse, and the animtion smooth as silk!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? ... ov&pl=game
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

mech wrote:WTF is with "Afrika"?!
Probably a lot like Pokemon Snap.
friick

Post by friick »

lestat wrote:Yeah i have to say i am getting excited for ps3 too. It's gonna be the first time sony are gonna deliver a machine that has what i consider decent quality visuals. Plus the changes made to the now "non tard" pack put it in my acceptable price range.

Also the delay has really given developers time to polish the games. I really consider ps3 as starting out using 2nd gen software, because of all the hardware delays. Which is probably a good thing for sony now, cause they're asking for more $$$ they need make a good first impression. Also i think first party wise sony are probably a lot more driven, offering more than ms are.

I reckon this is going to be a great generation. I look forward to being broke. :up:
:shock:

Anyway I agree...really looking forward to it, the games are shaping up nicely...
friick

Post by friick »

Why is everyone calling it VF4 btw? :D
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Madmya does not condone this thread. I'm off to pick up my 360 as soon as the sunday roast is over.

(yes I'm a 1 console/generation gamer.)
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I was sold on PS3 the second I saw the White Knight footage, that shit just blew me away after I had lost all hope for next gen rpg's (FF13 trailer still no real confirmation on what is/isn't pre rendered, and LO realtime looked like it had tons of issues to me).

I'm shocked it's not on your list Candy.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

friick wrote:
lestat wrote:Yeah i have to say i am getting excited for ps3 too. It's gonna be the first time sony are gonna deliver a machine that has what i consider decent quality visuals. Plus the changes made to the now "non tard" pack put it in my acceptable price range.

Anyway I agree...really looking forward to it, the games are shaping up nicely...
friick why are you shocked? I've owned more playstations and given sony more money than all the sony fans here combined I would guess.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sonic Jam wrote:I was sold on PS3 the second I saw the White Knight footage, that shit just blew me away after I had lost all hope for next gen rpg's (FF13 trailer still no real confirmation on what is/isn't pre rendered, and LO realtime looked like it had tons of issues to me).

I'm shocked it's not on your list Candy.
I've heard about White Knight but I haven't seen anything running on it yet. Still got some more stuff to download by the looks of it. I didn't see any vids for it on Gamespot (I'm a subscriber).
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think lestat is like me where he grew up with more old school companies and still has a soft spot for a few (Sega and SNK I'd guess), but that won't stop him from lashing out on other consoles because good gaming is good gaming regardless.

I love being unbiased.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Ninja Gaiden is a massive factor for me. It pains me to hear nothing about a 360 version. Although I hear it's pretty much a Ninja Gaiden Black 1.5 so I still hold hope for a full blown sequel on the 360. Team Ninja are graphics whores though so they might feel more inclined to go for PS3.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

One of the game sites confirmed that ninja gaiden 2 was confirmed exclusive for 360. But it still seems the remake is ps3 only. But we have no idea on exclusiveness of sigma yet. I have a funny feeling though sigma will appear on 360 sooner or later. I guess we'll know more next week hopefully at X06.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:nanarasta: woooo!
friick

Post by friick »

lestat wrote:
friick wrote:

friick why are you shocked? I've owned more playstations and given sony more money than all the sony fans here combined I would guess.
It doesn't shock me that much, I've read your posts for years and know at heart you're a gamer who just cares about the games. I guess with all the anti-Sony stuff you go on with I thought you might just not bother with the PS3.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Sony deserve hatred. They're cunts and we all know it.
friick

Post by friick »

:mooreon:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

i'm pretty sure ninja gaiden 2 will be shown at X-06.
skinner

Post by skinner »

Jizzy McLobber wrote:i'm pretty sure ninja gaiden 2 will be shown at X-06.
It better be! 8)
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

That confirmation of NG2 being 360 exclusive is just a gut feeling of one of the 1up guys I thought?

He seems to be fairly in the know about Japanese devs tho, but at this point nothing is confirmed by Itegaki.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:That confirmation of NG2 being 360 exclusive is just a gut feeling of one of the 1up guys I thought?

He seems to be fairly in the know about Japanese devs tho, but at this point nothing is confirmed by Itegaki.
I'd put money on it. Microsoft did give Tecmo awfully large money hats to make up for DOA4 sales sucking in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing for NG2.