Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

friick wrote: It doesn't shock me that much, I've read your posts for years and know at heart you're a gamer who just cares about the games. I guess with all the anti-Sony stuff you go on with I thought you might just not bother with the PS3.
I was toying with the possibility of just sticking to one console this gen a while back. But who the hell was I kidding, games are a big part of my life, there is no way i could deny myself the gratification. :)
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

The Formula 1 game is shaping up nicely, the head movement and weather effect seem to be improved since the last showing. One thing I wish they would change is the static nature of the car on the track, the camera appears to sit too firmly to the player, a bit of movement would add to the realism.
Pat

Post by Pat »

MGS4 impressed me as per usual, but nothing stands out to me yet as a reason to buy. Yet. I will eventually no doubt, but there's no hurry as Ill be waiting for some price drops.

MGS4, VF5 are the only ones I'm liking so far.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

PS3 kicks the shit out of Wii, yet you're prepared to pay a stupid price for an overclocked GAMECUBE NINTENDO.

Pat's bias knows no bounds.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Pat

Post by Pat »

I buy systems for games, not specs and cables.

Either way, please direct me to where I might purchase a PS3 this December.

Anyway, Im getting one eventually and buying the special editions of important games that come out along the way, even before I get one. The main benefit of being truely unbiased like me is that there are so many games to choose from.

The downside is having 8 current gaming systems to "support", hence the wait on the price drops. Make sense really, for the most expensive system.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Heavenly Sword - God of War next gen
VF5 = Hot. Ill buy this. Will miss rumble though. :(
Ridge Racer 7: BorrrrIIIIIIIIIIING!
Motorstorm = ok, but where's my target render? Could be fun.
Warhawk- looks nice, vid doesnt show much. Incognito's "one game per generation" title eh?
F1 = looks quite impressive, big leap since F1 '97 :D Not my sort of game but it looks very nice.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Not that i needed any extra incentive to buy a PS3, but considering i'm a pretty big F1 fan, and i was extremely impressed by what i saw, i'll be pre-ordering my PS3 this week! Motorstorm looked pretty impressive too...! It's gonna be one hell of a fight between Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo this gen! :)
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Don't know if i'll have room for both a PS3 and 360 though... Might have to lose the 360 for financial reasons... :D
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Sweet. PS3 is looking better again. HDMI in the cheap version. Some decent looking visuals. Might be a launch console for me. The Blu-Ray drive alone is enough reason to pay the money for it. Sure it's expensive, but you know that Sony is taking a hit on hardware. It makes me feel a bit better.

If i buy a Cube.... errr i mean Wii. I know i'm just further padding Nintendo's pockets. I'm waiting till it's inline with the hardware i'm getting.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

http://www.gametrailers.com/downloadnew.php?id=13309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SOLD.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

mxlegend99 wrote:If i buy a Cube.... errr i mean Wii. I know i'm just further padding Nintendo's pockets.
yeah, imagine buying a product and money going to the company that made it!

what IS this world coming to?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

We get extorted on the price of video games which those companies get royalties for, it's become common practice for them to give us the base hardware at a decent price since they are rorting us in other ways.

But nice spin on the ridiculous Wii pricing.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Looks like the japanese price cut and hdmi don't come for free.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/283.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$75us games. :wtf:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

selfish wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:If i buy a Cube.... errr i mean Wii. I know i'm just further padding Nintendo's pockets.
yeah, imagine buying a product and money going to the company that made it!

what IS this world coming to?
You buy a PS3 or Xbox 360... and the money is going to the hardware that is inside the machine.

You buy the Wii, and you are padding their pockets.

Great damage control attempt. But reselling a Gamecube at $399 is not good value for money. There's no reason they couldn't have made the remote for the Gamecube... other then they wouldn't be able to rip us off as much.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I tend to agree with you mx... I've had time to get over the news of the wii launch, and i understand the fact that it's basically a (slightly) higher powered cube, and to charge $400AUS is a bit rich. I'll still purchase one, but after seeing the PS3 in motion, $1000AUS for the premium PS3 console doesn't seem too high relative to the wii-cube. To fund my habit though, i unfortunately have to get rid of my (buggy) 360, which hasn't improved since i first posted about the red rings... :down:
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

mxlegend99 wrote:But reselling a Gamecube at $399 is not good value for money. There's no reason they couldn't have made the remote for the Gamecube... other then they wouldn't be able to rip us off as much.
I never said it was?

And are you really stupid enough to think they could've just released this as an update to the cube and expected it to do anything other than flop? No reason? No reason other than they wanted it to have a chance in the marketplace.

No, wait, I hear console addons sell REALLY WELL, I think you should get a job working for some big company and convince them to release an HD-DVD add on drive for their console.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

mxlegend99 wrote:No, wait, I hear console addons sell REALLY WELL, I think you should get a job working for some big company and convince them to release an HD-DVD add on drive for their console.

Ha ha! Well done selfish! :lol:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

selfish wrote:And are you really stupid enough to think they could've just released this as an update to the cube and expected it to do anything other than flop? No reason? No reason other than they wanted it to have a chance in the marketplace.
I guess the EyeToy and SingStar are flops also?

This is the equivalent of Sony releasing similar specced consoles to the PS2, using those input methods for every game and charging 3 times the price of the console itself.
selfish wrote:No, wait, I hear console addons sell REALLY WELL, I think you should get a job working for some big company and convince them to release an HD-DVD add on drive for their console.
Pity that the HD-DVD add-on is not gaming related :shock: It's for watching movies ;) Wiimote is the equivalent of SingStar or EyeToy... neither of which are considered to be flops :fight

See, even Sony won't milk a gimmick accessory as an opportunity to rip people off on the hardware. If Nintendo really were concerned with it flopping as an add-on, they didn't really need to throw the Wiimote in for an extra $300 ontop of the Cube hardware. Or the least they could've done is thrown in Component cables and 2 controllers. Or something to value-add to the console. :wink: I guess for most people, the Nintendo badge is a big enough value add.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:We get extorted on the price of video games which those companies get royalties for, it's become common practice for them to give us the base hardware at a decent price since they are rorting us in other ways.

But nice spin on the ridiculous Wii pricing.
Except Nintendo are going on record saying that they hate the current system of the same MSRP on everything. They've already started with DS games that aren't "proper games" like Cooking Instructor (for lack of a better, English translation) and Brain Training.

Given the choice of paying a decent price for the console or being reamed on every game I buy I choose the former.

For someone like Nintendo who develop every game type under the sun it really hurts them when they can't sell quick blasts for $49.95 simply because if someone drops a game for $49.95 as the initial MSRP the retailers (and consumers for that matter) think budget = shit = not buying it anyway. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Not like it matters in the long run. Nintendo Australia will ensure that every Wii game is $109.95 and that they stay at that price point for at least 2 years or until the sequel comes out which is pretty much the same length of time.
mxlegend99 wrote:I guess the EyeToy and SingStar are flops also?
SingStar, EyeToy, Buzz all released at the $99.95 MSRP price point including the addon. If you made people pay $99.95 for the game and the addon on top of that you can bet its going to flop faster than a US$170 MegaC... errr... HD-DVD addon.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Vince wrote:Not that i needed any extra incentive to buy a PS3, but considering i'm a pretty big F1 fan, and i was extremely impressed by what i saw, i'll be pre-ordering my PS3 this week! Motorstorm looked pretty impressive too...! It's gonna be one hell of a fight between Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo this gen! :)
yea, graphics are no better IMO but there is improvements in the physics as an intense motorsport interpreted into a game. crashes look more convincing, cornereing/handling look more rigid rather than smooth as well as the overall stability of the car. each game in the past handles like a brand new saloon car. it is meant to be rough and bumpy as fuck. wet conditions look good too :up:
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Realism is the key is (sim-based) racing games, and so far it looks like F1 on the PS3 is capturing all the realism of the real thing! That's the 1 advantage that the PS3 will have over the wii. Better graphics will (hopefully) make much more realistic racing games.
I'm just salivating at the thought of F1 on PS3! :) It looks SOOOOOOO good! :D
Pat

Post by Pat »

If you compare the average "dollars per awesome graphics" value of the three last gen machines, Gamecube was probably the best hardware for the cheapest price, especially at $99.

Given GC was probably sold for less than what it's power could justify, maybe the Wii price is just balancing the ledger? [/spin]
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Pat wrote:If you compare the average "dollars per awesome graphics" value of the three last gen machines, Gamecube was probably the best hardware for the cheapest price, especially at $99.

Given GC was probably sold for less than what it's power could justify, maybe the Wii price is just balancing the ledger? [/spin]
So since it was the best value for money based on graphics.... they need to make up for it by being the worst this time around?

What about the lack of online and DVD drives? I think that is what made the Cube cheaper then PS2 and Xbox to be honest. It's what seperates the price of PS3/360 (not DVD, but BR)
Pat

Post by Pat »

mxlegend99 wrote:
Pat wrote:If you compare the average "dollars per awesome graphics" value of the three last gen machines, Gamecube was probably the best hardware for the cheapest price, especially at $99.

So since it was the best value for money based on graphics.... they need to make up for it by being the worst this time around?
Like I said, [/spin]. :P
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Well, the PS3 has a browser which means the last thing yet to be ripped off has been ripped off.

It also means the Xbox 360 is the last console to be sans browser. This also means its the only console that can't setup its own net connection if need be.