pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Wiimotes = $100, same price as Zelda

Post by pilonv1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Saw the official prices today...

Wii Controller - $69.95
Wii Nunchuck - $29.95
Wii Classic Controller - $29.95
Zelda Wii - $99.95

:fight :fight

At least we're getting Wii Play.
Last edited by pilonv1 on 25 Sep 2006 06:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwijibo

Post by kwijibo »

ouch

+1 point to my reasons to get a 360 instead
Pat

Post by Pat »

High. Interesting to see what the Sixaxis costs then.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

$100 vs $80 for the 360 wireless controller considering what's in them is fair enough in my opinion. Still hurts though!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Well, to be fair Wiimote combo = $100, 360 controller plus play and charge = $105.

(Although one play and charge kit per 360 system is enough.)

Yes, it's expensive - but that's where all the Wii R&D has gone rather than the hardware :fight
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

So much for games being cheaper, that's the same price as 1st party MS games.

I guess this means shitty 3rd party cube 1.1 titles like everything from Ubi and EA will retail for $120?
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

$100? That's fucking cheap.

Gamecube = $99
Wiimote = $99

That's only $198.... the real question is where is that other $200 going ;)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Simple. Wii is "2 to 3 times as powerful as the Gamecube" according to Nintendo.

$99 x 3 + $100 Wiimote = $399.

Wii Sports is free :up:
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

$397. lets do the pricing justice eh!
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

TonyT wrote:$100 vs $80 for the 360 wireless controller considering what's in them is fair enough in my opinion.
That's fine and I agree, but they're shooting themselves in the foot here with that pricing. $100 is fine if you're not charging $400 for 5 year old hardware.

Now you're looking at $500 for a Wii with a second controller. Cheap compared to a PS3 but 360? Not at all.
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Pat wrote:Simple. Wii is "2 to 3 times as powerful as the Gamecube" according to Nintendo.

$99 x 3 + $100 Wiimote = $399.

Wii Sports is free :up:
Samecube = $99
Remote = $99
Overclocking = $201

A free demo is nothing special either :wink:
Pat

Post by Pat »

Good enough for me. You cant put a price on fun, but you can easily put a Nintendo Official Seal on it. :up:
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Geez...You just seem to repeat the same nonsense word for word in virtually every Wii thread, and what originally seemed like you expressing an opinion or point of view, now just seems like trolling. It doesn’t even make any sense considering you repeatedly choose to ignore key elements relative to Wii hardware (increased processor, inbuilt wifi which according to MS is worth $170 bucks as that's what they are charging for their wifi etc) when determining your little Wii price checklists :redface:.

The Wiimote + Nunchuck includes 3D motion sensing and tilt sensing in addition to an internal speaker and an onboard memory chip for game and Mii avatar/identification saving.

Sure it may seem like a rip, but as stated, there is only a $20 difference between the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo and 360 controller, meaning if Nintendo are screwing us, surely is Microsoft and possibly will Sony (when they reveal their accessories prices).

Furthermore, Wii Play is a free pack in title when purchasing a Wiimote/Nunchuck combo (at least in the USA), and the retro controller comes with free Wii Points towards the purchase of virtual console titles.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Rocco wrote:Geez...You just seem to repeat the same nonsense word for word in virtually every Wii thread
Quote of the year :lol: :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Uh...no :|

When I discuss Wii, it includes discussions of virtually every element of Nintendo and the Wii system, and not just posting the same old dodgy fuzzy math hardware cost list like mxlegend99 does in practically every Wii thread he appears in.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Cutting and pasting isn't a discussion.

Discussing something usually results in people knowing what your opinion is relating to any given topic.You don't display an opinion,you vomit company line.
:gaymove:
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

You! "cringe" :x

Princess, you may want to pay a quick visit back to playNOW! to re-examine your 360 queen bee happy whoring habits during that system’s launch phase, before having a go at me. :lol:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

How would you know?

I've never written anything for the official Nintendo PR machine...and that's the only shit you read.

Of course you could just be making comments without any basis again which is to be expected when Nintendo aren't there telling you what to say.

Typical of the bicurious.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

There’s a dash in bi-curious 8)
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Mate, i seriously doubt you would get a dash in you.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Rocco wrote:Geez...You just seem to repeat the same nonsense word for word in virtually every Wii thread, and what originally seemed like you expressing an opinion or point of view, now just seems like trolling. It doesn’t even make any sense considering you repeatedly choose to ignore key elements relative to Wii hardware (increased processor, inbuilt wifi which according to MS is worth $170 bucks as that's what they are charging for their wifi etc) when determining your little Wii price checklists :redface:.
Why? The same functionality can be had for $5 by buying a network cable. MS are clearly overcharging for it's accessories. Fortunately, you don't HAVE to pay for that shit. Just like the 20GIG hard drive for $170.... only a fucking moron would pay for either. If you HAD to have wireless, a wireless bridge is like $50.

Every Wii sold you are overpaying for the hardware.

And i don't think $100 is unreasonable for the Wiimote. I never said it was unreasonable. It just means that the Wii is seriously worse value for money then originally thought.. if the Wiimote is only worth $99, then they thinkt heir overclocked Samecube is worth $300. :down:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

mxlegend99 wrote:Why? The same functionality can be had for $5 by buying a network cable.
To be fair the same functionality would cost me $30 even if I was making the cable myself.

It would be nice to be only charged twice as much for the privilidge of using wireless not 5 times as much but what are you gonna do? :(

How come some cheap shit korean/chinese equipment manufacturer aint making a dodgy $50 b/g wireless adapter :evil:
mxlegend99

Post by mxlegend99 »

Talez wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:Why? The same functionality can be had for $5 by buying a network cable.
It would be nice to be only charged twice as much for the privilidge of using wireless not 5 times as much but what are you gonna do? :(
Me? Nothing. I just use a cable. My router is in my room less then 2 metres from my 360, less then 1 foot from my PC, less then 1 foot from my Xbox and PS2 etc.

My parents/sisters PC's in different rooms are hooked up via Cables... running under our house. My PSP is the only thing i use on Wi-Fi... portable pr0n :P
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hey Rocco, isn't there some fashion show or something in New York that you should be at getting people to buy Wii's clothing at or you'll stab them your HIV laced fork?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

HIV?

I see this baiting and trolling is just going to get more personal, more vicious and generally nastier by the day.

I was expecting more juvenile but tolerable bi-curious relative gibes here and there but I guess we have now promptly moved onto the whole "you got AIDS" thang.

OK :|