Toys "R" Us Wii Free Game Confirmation Details

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rocco

Toys "R" Us Wii Free Game Confirmation Details

Post by Rocco »

According to Aussie-Nintendo (who are quite reliable), Toys “R” Us Australia’s top honcho has confirmed to them that they will be accepting Wii preorders all the way until launch day, and preorder customers can select any Wii launch title (in addition to Wii Sports of course :wink:), as long as its in stock and the game is collected when picking up your Wii system whilst presenting your Wii preorder coupon on launch day.

Of course what this means is Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will most likely fly of the shelves immediately, so first come, first served, as TRU will not accept preordering or putting aside of preferred games. This also means either attending the midnight launch (if it occurs) or waiting in line before 9am on the launch day, to ensure Zelda is still in stock.

To add some gossip, EB Games are apparently getting into quite a huffy about the whole TRU promotion, which is apparently planned in conjunction with Nintendo Australia. EB have no such agreement with Nintendo, and customers are apparently continually bopping into EB stores asking for a deal match, much to the dismay of store management. Some EB stores situated closely with a TRU are deal matching though, whilst other EB stores not so close to a TRU are mainly refusing to equal the promotion.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yeah, I already found this out today, although my local TRU guy said that the free game might be "from a selection" - either way, it's not Wii Sports, so it's fine by me! :up:

Oh, count me in on the Wii Fanboy bandwagon - I got my order in today :D
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
SythBlade
i just want to be accepted

Post by SythBlade »

Was that rundle mall toys r us unfnk? if so awesome news.
[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3413/sigkc3.jpg[/img]
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Re: Toys "R" Us Wii Free Game Confirmation Details

Post by mxlegend99 »

Rocco wrote:To add some gossip, EB Games are apparently getting into quite a huffy about the whole TRU promotion, which is apparently planned in conjunction with Nintendo Australia. EB have no such agreement with Nintendo, and customers are apparently continually bopping into EB stores asking for a deal match, much to the dismay of store management. Some EB stores situated closely with a TRU are deal matching though, whilst other EB stores not so close to a TRU are mainly refusing to equal the promotion.
Sounds fair to me. They can't match the deal without losing money. If they had to matcht he deal with every console sold, they'd get fucking owned :lol:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

The Summary:

TRU to EB - :thefinger:

EB - :run:

Us to TRU - :bow:

:roofcat:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

SythBlade wrote:Was that rundle mall toys r us unfnk? if so awesome news.
Roger that! :up:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I'll be picking up mine a week later, due to being overseas when it fucking launches. Hopefully they'll still have some decent games left.
SythBlade

Post by SythBlade »

Just came back from E.B. in the Adelaide CBD and they said that you can't pre-order the WII and get your free game, you have to go in on the launch day - If toys r us are still honouring the deal by that time - and tell them about it to collect your free game.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Honestly, the whole EB Games maybe so/maybe not attitude towards honouring the TRU promotion has dodgy written all over it. Wouldn’t be shocked if they kept the details on their promotion matching quiet until the customer has payed their money at the register on launch day, before having the sale clerk flip out a surprise copy of Sponge Bob or Cars to redeem the preorder customer’s free game.

And mech, I would highly suggest you get someone to pick up your Wii on launch day (if you are after Zelda), for at present, the larger TRU stores have hundreds of preorders, and most customers will most likely ask for Zelda to be their free game, possibly leaving you with no copy when you return the following week.

Remember, the TRU free game offer wont end until launch day.
SythBlade

Post by SythBlade »

Well said Rooco, do TRU have a return policy? are we able to return brand new un oppened games and swap for something of equal value? Their websites a little...basic.
mech

Post by mech »

Rocco wrote:Honestly, the whole EB Games maybe so/maybe not attitude towards honouring the TRU promotion has dodgy written all over it. Wouldn’t be shocked if they kept the details on their promotion matching quiet until the customer has payed their money at the register on launch day, before having the sale clerk flip out a surprise copy of Sponge Bob or Cars to redeem the preorder customer’s free game.

And mech, I would highly suggest you get someone to pick up your Wii on launch day (if you are after Zelda), for at present, the larger TRU stores have hundreds of preorders, and most customers will most likely ask for Zelda to be their free game, possibly leaving you with no copy when you return the following week.

Remember, the TRU free game offer wont end until launch day.
I dunno dude, Nintendo has said this shit so many fucking times it's unbelievable, and I have NEVER seen them run out of a title. Remember the gold Zelda carts anyone?

I can wait for Zelda to come back in stock anyway, I'm not in a rush. As if they can't churn out more Zelda DVDs.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

If it's 100% NOT Wii Sports then I'll pre-order one. :thumbsup:
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

it's not. WiiSports is a tech demo. it's good enough to be played once.
I called TRU about this as soon as the launch & price details were revealed for Australia. The free game you will get will be a launch title, depending on availability. ie Zelda the most sought after game so.....yea, what rocco said.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

I remember the gold Zelda carts, but I also remember the promotional version of Wind Waker (bonus disc with OoT+MQ) not lasting nearly as long. I doubt Zelda would end up out of stock - if Nintendo's smart they'll have enough copies of Zelda for a 1:1 sell ratio.

If Nintendo's smart.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

since when have nintendo been smart?
i think adelaide might just be the Wii capital of australia

and i have a feeling wii sports will be better than a single play, as long as you have a second controller
i think i wanna get a second wiimote + classic controller, and fuck off getting another nunchuk until i'm forced to
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Snide Kneeler

Post by Snide Kneeler »

jahooley wrote:it's not. WiiSports is a tech demo.
FIVE tech demos. :up:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

That's good that they are honoring the freegame deal thing and still letting us choose. Now that its been cleared up I am more likely to want to get one at launch. Of course, Zelda is probably the only game to truly make me want to get a wii right on the launch. Wii sports isn't enough for me to want to rush out and buy a wii. I need big and deep game with something substantial to do in it that will last. I want to feel a bit excited like that hypo n64 kid on the youtube video.

Oh yeah and I hope they make bosses in this zelda game less of a pussy to beat. (ie requires skill to execute as well as technique - not OOT level of easiness)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

so, where's the list of Australian launch games? :D
pubba
DDR Athlete

Post by pubba »

This is fantastic!

TRU preorder confirmed

Anyone else getting theirs from TRU Mt Gravatt?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

excellent news!