Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Deathrow - a tribute.

Post by jizzlobber »

I remember years ago OAXM reviewed a game called Deathrow on the XBOX, I didn't know about this game, OAXM were first to review it and they gave it 9.something.
I liked the look of it but I wasn't convinced, when the popular internet gaming sites gave it similar scored I had to buy it.

I loved it!
And I started posting at southend (devs) forums and heaps of people were posting saying they can't find the game... this went on for quite a while, it was clear Ubisoft thought this game wouldn't sell, and only shipped a tiny amount to stores.
So althought Deathrow was a great game and was reviewed highly, it never sold.

Southend went on to make the multiplayer part of XIII, then started making mobile phone apps or something like that, it seemed their dream of making Deathrow 2 was over... these poor guys come from nowhere, make a cracking game, and get nothing for it.
They are making a XBLA game now, hope it'll be good.

Anyway, Deathrow is on the BC list for Xbox360, it's just as fun as it was years ago and it's presented in widescreen!

But for those of you who don't, here's 2 vids.
The first is a few pregame intros, one team (The Protectors) say the funniest things, I just love these guys!
WARNING!!! NAUGHTY LANGUAGE!!!
[video width=480 height=378]http://www.games-ranch.com/vids/DRintros.wmv[/video]

2ns is a gameplay vid, I love this because the sentinels are just so cool.
[video width=480 height=378]http://www.games-ranch.com/vids/DRgameplay.wmv[/video]

This is what games are about imo :up:

btw- don't compare this to speedball, yeah it's a blood sport but the similarities end there.
MCWrang
XBL ID: MCWrang
Steam ID: MCWrang

Post by MCWrang »

Yeah I bought this game on release and it was easily one of my faves. However, I have this sinking feeling that I traded it in to EB. The memories of the gore and language will remain though, haha, such awesome fun.

ONE TIMER!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

it can be found in bargain bins for $15
it's a must have even today.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I really wanted to love this game... I bought it on release, after I 'won' a Deathrow shirt and a Demo copy of Splinter Cell. Needless to say, I still have the shirt, though I traded the game away as I could never really get into it.
Arthas

Post by Arthas »

I just couldn't get into it either and the multiplayer never really took off with me and my mates.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm king fucking shit at Deathrow. Great game and like another spiritual successor to Speedball - Dead Ball Zone - was criminally underappreciated.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I remember when Deathrow came out... I hadn't seen Jizz get into a game with such fervour since Barbie: Race & Ride. I'd love to see a Jizz vs Candy battle to the death.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

i'd smash him, I have no doubt i'm the greatest player in the world.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

I think he meant Deathrow, jizz, not Barbie Race and Ride.