ALAN WAKE Footage: PC Version(360 version to be identical)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Muzza
Haters can GAGF

ALAN WAKE Footage: PC Version(360 version to be identical)

Post by Muzza »

This Alan Wake footage is being run on a New Intel Quad Core Cpu
Footage of the game starts about 16mins in.

Not the best video, but will give you a scope of the breathtaking graphics we can expect to get.

I can only stream the footage too.

Will it be dumbed down for the 360 version, or will the game code have to be re-written for the achitecturally different 3 core cpu.

http://mfile.akamai.com/28603/wmv/intel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... o_high.wmv
Last edited by Muzza on 28 Sep 2006 09:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Are you a tech journalist for a newspaper? Really? Are you?

Because only a fucking tech journalist that writes for a newspaper could write something so utterly retarded that implies that a CPU alone being responsible for "breathtaking graphics".
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Im asking a simple question question fuckwit. I dont claim to be anything, like you suggest.

Im just saying the footage looks shit-hot, that would the 360 version be dumbed down somewhat.

So just fuck off!
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

I know. Why don't you stop slagging off the fucking 360 when you don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.

God damn fucknut.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Fuck you're a retard sometimes Talez.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Go fuck yourself SJ.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Talez wrote:I know. Why don't you stop slagging off the fucking 360 when you don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.

God damn fucknut.
Yeah right, Im tearing the 360 to shreds in my post. Sorry I'll have to sell my Xbox 360 now, cause King Shit talez thinks ke knows fucking all , like all his other posts.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

This thread rules.

And no, the 360 WILL NOT be able to play the PC version of Alan Wake. ;)
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

HOLY SHIT JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO.

GODLIKE, THATS THE ONLY WORD I CAN USE TO DESCRIBE THESE DEVS.

Talez before you say another fucking word maybe you should watch the vid in which the DEVELOPER SPECIFICALLY SAYS That the quad core CPU (Which is not only quad core, but overclocked by more than 1ghz for the demonstration) is the reason they can achieve these graphics, he says it like 50 fkn times during the vid.

I have no idea how they are going to get that kind of scale/interactivity going on anything but a $10,000 PC, atleast not without significant downgrades/LOD/whatever.. Just amazing.

It looks better than practically any next gen game I've seen and has a scale thats like 50x larger than oblivion (in terms of how hard the LOD is, oblivion LOD's out at about 30 feet from your character).
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Its like certain people can express their opinions on here, but if anyone else posts oh no...we cant have that now can we.

I'll ask for Talez permission to post next time.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:HOLY SHIT JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO.

Talez before you say another fucking word maybe you should watch the vid in which the DEVELOPER SPECIFICALLY SAYS That the quad core CPU (Which is not only quad core, but overclocked by more than 1ghz for the demonstration) is the reason they can achieve these graphics, he says it like 50 fkn times during the vid.
1) CPU power isn't going to be the be all, end all of graphic power. Ever.

2) The Xbox 360 is a floating point monster that even an overclocked quad core CPU can't touch. Unless it runs on magic quad core fairy dust it aint going to mean shit.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

It's not that much of a floating point monster. For non-vector calculations it's pretty poo actually, they tore the guts out of its FPU abilities.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Talez wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:HOLY SHIT JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO.

2) The Xbox 360 is a floating point monster that even an overclocked quad core CPU can't touch. Unless it runs on magic quad core fairy dust it aint going to mean shit.
Funny, this post doesn't sound like an apology to muzza for you acting like a complete fuckwit when all he did was have some faith in what the DEVELOPERS OF THE FUCKING GAME SAID.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Muzza wrote:/cry
/wrists
/sulk
Fixed.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Have you watched the video yet, Talez?

Or are you content to just keep abusing Muzza for taking the developers side over yorus.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:Funny, this post doesn't sound like an apology to muzza for you acting like a complete fuckwit when all he did was have some faith in what the DEVELOPERS OF THE FUCKING GAME SAID.
Oh boo hoo. It was a loaded question and I've had enough of idiots.

Like anyone here seriously gives a flying fuck about what I think of them.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Talez wrote:

So much vast knowledge, yet here you are posting on a simple games forum..what a waste.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Talez wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:Funny, this post doesn't sound like an apology to muzza for you acting like a complete fuckwit when all he did was have some faith in what the DEVELOPERS OF THE FUCKING GAME SAID.
Oh boo hoo. It was a loaded question and I've had enough of idiots.

Like anyone here seriously gives a flying fuck about what I think of them.
How is it a loaded question? The guy owns an X360 and plays online with us all the time, I very much doubt he owns a quad core intel cpu that's overclocked by more than a ghz aswell as all the other fancy shit that PC must have been using, his question was legitimate to the tech heads of this forum as It's a certainty that most people will be playing the console version of a game with hardware needs this crazy.

Pissed off with idiots? Maybe you wouldn't think of him as an idiot if u had clicked the link in the first post, watched the video, and realised that all he was doing was repeating what the devs said and adding his question to the end of it.

Edit - The guy has almost 9 thousand gamer points (click his gamertag), yeah prime candidate for an a fanboy hater posting loaded
Last edited by Sonic Jam on 27 Sep 2006 05:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

yeah you're being a cock talez, argue all you want but there's no need to attack muzza like that.
I don't think i've ever seen muzza rip into someone like that so I don't think he deserves it.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Muzza wrote:
Talez wrote:

So much vast knowledge, yet here you are posting on a simple games forum..what a waste.
I also work a shitty job because I have no tact when playing interoffice politics. You could also make a sarcastic comment about that too.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:Have you watched the video yet, Talez?

Or are you content to just keep abusing Muzza for taking the developers side over yorus.
Have you?

The video is a fucking Intel press conference. I'm sure that developer wasn't pressured in any way shape or form to keep saying how good quad core was. :rolleyes:
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Yep lets just ignore what devs say at all conferences from now on unless it's TGS or E3.

Good plan Talez.

They must all be lying to us.

Edit - Actualy companies hold conferences at both of those, so we better ignore most of that too.

Shit where are we gonna get info from now!
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

mech wrote:It's not that much of a floating point monster. For non-vector calculations it's pretty poo actually, they tore the guts out of its FPU abilities.
Except most of the floating point stuff going through is going to be vectorised single precision math.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

The link doesn't work for me. :(

But anyways reading between the lines, it does seem like a bit of pr stunt on intels part. It's not like they haven't done it before.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Who gives a shit if it was all Intel press bs. Its not hard to look at a game and see something graphically thats that far ahead of what you have currently seen, you want to speculate the possibilty of it being done on your preferred platform.

Lestat have you tried streaming the footage.. only works that way for me.
Last edited by Muzza on 27 Sep 2006 05:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.