Test Drive

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Test Drive

Post by Hercy »

Continuing on from the thread in the games forum about the clubhouses, Twit has gone to the trouble of setting up Rancho Relaxo. For anyone unsure, it's pretty easy to join a club. Just go to any clubhouse (the sofa thing on the map) and choose 'join'. If KAKwit or I are in your friends list then it should come up straight away.

Once Relaxo has a few members then we can organise a time to race...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Do you have access to the Cellar yet Hercy?

If not,PM lestat and tell him you wanna be a Cowboy.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Rancho Relaxo is such a great name for the club. I'm falling in love with this game because it's exactly that - relaxing. I can speed around the highways or just take a leisurely drive along the coast. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed eventually when I drive somewhere and find a bunch of repetitive buildings and textures, but just the thought of having a whole island to drive around intruiges me.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

How does driving around the island (online) compare to the demo? Are there places where you can park and simply play around with the cars with no purpose? It sounds like it might be a game worth getting if this is the case.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Hercy and I had a quick bash of multiplayer – it’s not bad. It would be good to try out some long tracks with lots of people.

Last night as I was stuffing around I parked outside the club entrance for awhile. About 5 people turned up in all sorts machinery (McLaren F1, Enzo, some sort of hotted up Mustang, etc.) I could hear ‘em all talking (they were poms) and they decided to just go for a cruise. As they took off up the road I decided to follow ‘em just to see if I could keep up. About a minute up the road I came across ‘em all after they’d had a giant bingle. They then started doing jumps – one guy parked just below the ridge of the hill while the others went for a run-up and tried to jump over the top of him.

I love the openness of this thing. Sometimes I just point at the map and go straight to an event, sometimes I mark it in the GPS and drive there, and sometimes I just cruise around checking out the sights, seeing what other people are doing, and finding good places to take a photo or something. If we get a few people together we should try a Cannonball type event – everyone just mark a spot in the GPS on the other side of the island and go.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

What's the RRP on this? With the openness of it all, I wouldn't mind getting it.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

Excellent, Next time I'm on, I will make sure I stop by Rancho Relaxo... :D

I was a bit unsure about this game when I got it, But I just love it now. The in car view is the best yet in a game. Even the GPS is in the dash of my skyline...
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

What's the RRP on this? With the openness of it all, I wouldn't mind getting it.
Unfortunately I payed a bit over 100 for it, but I’m probably a sucka. Anyone know of any deals going?
I was a bit unsure about this game when I got it, But I just love it now. The in car view is the best yet in a game. Even the GPS is in the dash of my skyline...
Yeah, I’m enjoying the in-car view on this one too. Normally with racing games I stick with nothing else in the way, just track. But this one’s more like an RPG and the in-car view makes it more immersive, particularly when you’re just cruising. Plus the windscreen effects make it look purdier IMO.

Oh, and the Skyline is (I reckon) the best car in its class.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Yeah... shame it's so pricey, 'cause it's only $53AUD on Play-Asia, but isn't region-free :(
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

I've seen it at JB Hi-Fi in Penrith for $84. So tempting, but my funds are so tight at the moment.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Yeah... I think I'm gonna hold off until Forza 2 is out.
Ram
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTERNET 1.1

Post by Ram »

Im keen to do some racing online.I fired off a friends request :)
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

Gozilla is such an awesome car. You have to put the performance mod on it. Huge gain, and it stays the same class as well.

Need to get some more cars, 4 just isn't enough.....

anyone unlocked the bikes yet?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I've seen some bike shops around (a couple out on the west side I think) but I haven't bothered with 'em yet. An MV Agusta would be nice, but in the demo at least I didn't think much of the bikes.

Sent you an invite too Kreghor. It should appear eventually in your news at home. We need to get everyone together sometime for a big targa rally.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

+1 for the name Rancho Relaxo
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Ha! Nice. But shouldn't we be posting pictures of our cars? Here's a couple of my chick: one in regular Class Mode, the other in Slut Mode (including obligatory CFM boots).

Image Image

...it's a pity the photo upload thing isn't working yet (as far as I know anyway - it looks like you can upload your photos just fine but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to download them from).
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'll join the club next time I am on... hmmm I should go get my TV back. Awesome for setting up the club guys :)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Twit wrote:Image
Those shorts and boots ftw. Where'd they come from?
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

This game is tremendous fun online. More people must stop holding out for Forza 2 and buy this game post-haste. Ram and Twit joined in tonight to set the new club record of a three player race (dunno what happened to pilon...) but it'd be cool to have some large scale races.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I was doing a 12+mile delivery. Of course I got to about 4 miles to go and crashed :(. So I said fuck it and took the $83k. I wasn't in the best of moods so I thought I'd leave you guys to race without my plethora of explitives.
Ram
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTERNET 1.1

Post by Ram »

cheers for the races guys.Some of the high speed crashes were hardcase.
One race Twit took a wrong turn but carried on and when he joined back onto the road we were on he came slamming into hercy,thay both crashed as i went hooning thru the middle of them.It looked awesome from my point of view.:D
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I finally bought a Class D car so I can race you guys next time. I reckon classes C down to F are probably the best for fun racing, otherwise it's all just a confused blur.

Unfortunately I need to find some more tuners, as I think some of the challenges I've come across recently require it. Never realised how much of the areas I'd left unexplored - when I went for a cruise I just went where I felt like instead of looking where I hadn't been. Tonight I found heaps of stuff...but I still need a couple extra tuners damnit (particularly for my Exige - can anyone point me in the right direction?).

Anyway, this game is fucken awesome, and yeah - more of you lot should buy it and join us online.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Those shorts and boots ftw. Where'd they come from?
I can't remember, sorry. But there are many of the same type of shop around, so you should be able to find it pretty easy.

A couple weekends ago I took this game to a friend's place. I was trying to get him to buy it, but it turns out his wife did. I think she was impressed with the shopping aspect. :)

I'll have to bring her over to the Ranch...as long as AgOnNy isn't around.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Twit wrote:I finally bought a Class D car so I can race you guys next time. I reckon classes C down to F are probably the best for fun racing, otherwise it's all just a confused blur.
I finally bought a G class car yesterday and I was having a lot of fun with it. It's similar to PGR3 - the high end cars are great once you've learned how to tame them but for racing with mates the lower classes are more enjoyable.