Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

MGS and ZOE HD Remakes - PS3 and 360

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

What's old is new again or so the saying goes. While some fashion styles were better off dead and buried, some games never grow old in spirit. Speaking at their pre-E3 press conference earlier today, Konami has stated its intentions to release high definition remakes of titles from the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders franchises. Better yet the both collections will not just be showing up on PS3, as expected, but are also coming to Xbox 360.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will consist of high-definition updates of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, previously a PSP exclusive. Sadly the collection doesn't include the original Metal Gear Solid or the highly coveted Gamecube remake Twin Snakes. The collection is currently scheduled for release in November.

The Zone of the Enders HD Collection, another series from the mind of Hideo Kojima, collects the original Zone of the Enders and its sequel Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. The Z.O.E Collection is scheduled for a 2012 release.

Konami promises that gamers can expect more than mere ports and instead the original games are being ""optimised and rebuilt" for the collections. Players can also expect redrawn 2D art, effects and fonts, new user interfaces, trophies/achievements and improved audio quality. The MGS Collection will also add force feedback and right analog for Peace Walker.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will also debut a new game-transferring initiative from Konami dubbed "Transfarring". The new program will allow players to transfers save states between the PS3 MGS Collection and the PSP version of Peace Walker. Hideo Kojima, Konami vice president and MGS mastermind, hopes to expand the technology to PlayStation 2 games between the PS3 and NGP, and later intends to incorporate the technology in all new games.
Source

No original MGS = fail :down:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Pat
The Fury

Re: MGS and ZOE HD Remakes - PS3 and 360

Post by Pat »

:bow: MGS3 Snake Eater :bow:

Greatest game of all last gen, finally available this gen. Only two games this gen top it: Mario Galaxy and Portal (ok, 4 games). And even then it's too close to call.

MGS3 is the best game in the Metal Gear Series, it totally outdoes MGS1.

Only pre-requisite: It better be MGS3 Subsistence.
Ambrose Burnside

MGS3 is a better game than the original, but why the fuck isn't the original included in the HD Collection? FAIL!
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yeah, disappointed there's no MGS remake.I wonder how far they'll go in upgrading the visuals besides the obvious res increase.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

FUCK YEAH! Finally get to play them. Got MGS on dreamcast anyway.
Ambrose Burnside

I have it on PSone but when it's time to swap discs, my PS2 doesn't recognise Disc 2 :(

Would kill for an HD remake. So close, but so far :(
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Rad and as per my 3DS comments this was on the cards and now i can fuck my 3DS off. Good times are here!
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Eh. I already have it on PS2 in Snake Eater and Subsistence form. Will gladly double dip again, its the kind of game that playing anywhere and at home in HD will be most welcome. Very few games are as endlessly playable as MGS3 these days.
Ambrose Burnside

I'm still trying to work out the lack of MGS. They even have Peace Walker in there ffs :(
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

probably already have semi hd assets for mgs2/3?

mgs1 remake would be a bigger task.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Now port Ac!d.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

They also announced Silent Hill HD. SH2 and 3.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:I'm still trying to work out the lack of MGS. They even have Peace Walker in there ffs :(
Someone on GAF mentioned (only as pure speculation) that it may be because they have the original MGS on the PSN store?
Ambrose Burnside

I'll be happy with a port of Twin Snakes :(
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I heard it was because Kojima doesn't think MGS1 had enough cut-scenes so is going to pretend it never existed.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:I'm still trying to work out the lack of MGS.
Only version that could possibly be ported is MGS:TS and Nintendo own the rights to Twin Snakes.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy, where did you hear the news of the hd remakes of Silent Hill 2 and 3? Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and a hd version is the greatest piece of gaming news I've heard in a while. Part 3 is great too!!! :D
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

it was all announced in the same piece as this one.

MGS 2/3/PW HD
ZOE 1 and 2 HD
SH2 and 3 HD

Both on ps3/360.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yo Vince

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/konami-go" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ions/3303/
Lastly, buried within the Silent Hill: Downpour section of the conference was a brief mention of the Silent Hill Collection, which puts remastered versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3 together into one package. No details of any kind were given beyond the list of games and their HD capabilities, so hopefully we'll get more info on that come E3.
I never got into the SH games much at the time so here's my chance to remedy that.

BTW MGS3 will be GOTG yet again. Bank on it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

SH2 was one of the first games I bought for the PS2 but I never finished it. Playing at night, home alone with the lights out and surround sound scared the shit out of me. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Candy Arse wrote:Yo Vince

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/konami-go" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ions/3303/
Lastly, buried within the Silent Hill: Downpour section of the conference was a brief mention of the Silent Hill Collection, which puts remastered versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3 together into one package. No details of any kind were given beyond the list of games and their HD capabilities, so hopefully we'll get more info on that come E3.
I never got into the SH games much at the time so here's my chance to remedy that.

BTW MGS3 will be GOTG yet again. Bank on it.
We never did find out properly what the 2005 GOTY was. We had to vote RE4 to stop WoW cheating its way to victory.

So its either MGS3 or RE4.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I'm pretty sure the 2005 GOTY was Jade Empire.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I absolutely loved RE4, but when pressed would take MGS3 in preference.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Candy Arse wrote:I absolutely loved RE4, but when pressed would take MGS3 in preference.
I dont think I could pick one over the other, both phenomenal titles.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I preferred MSG3 if not just for the awesome cut scenes moulding the story together but also the surprise twists (Multipath ending on the plane with Ocelot was sweet) and character introductions.

RE4, although good, was where it started going less survival horror and more arcadey. Definitely disjointed from its original roots.