Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Peter Jackson Creates New Game Studio

Post by edgecrusher »

Source: Microsoft September 28, 2006

Microsoft announced a landmark partnership today between Academy Award-winning writer, director and producer Peter Jackson, Academy Award-winning screenwriter Fran Walsh, and Microsoft Game Studios.

The partners will create two new interactive entertainment series exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live®. The first series will be a collaborative effort with Bungie Studios to co-create the next great chapter in the "Halo®" universe. The second series will be an entirely original property targeted at bringing new audiences into the captivating world of interactive entertainment.

In addition, in collaboration with Microsoft Game Studios, Jackson and Walsh are creating Wingnut Interactive. The two will create a world-class interactive entertainment studio that fuses the strength of Microsoft's technology and interactive entertainment experience with the creative and imaginative excellence of the Wingnut Interactive team.

"Microsoft has built an amazing living canvas with Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, which allows the storytellers of our time to express themselves in a new medium. They have fundamentally changed how people think about games," Jackson said. "My vision, together with Microsoft Game Studios, is to push the boundaries of game development and the future of interactive entertainment. From a movie-maker's point of view, it is clear to me that the Xbox 360 platform is the stage where storytellers can work their craft in the same way they do today with movies and books but taking it further with interactivity."

In addition to demonstrating its leadership in the next-generation of games through exclusive alliances, Microsoft Game Studios announced "Halo Wars," an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary "Halo" universe and built exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, the creators of the "Age of Empires" series. "Halo Wars" places the player in command of human URNS armies as they deploy for mankind's first deadly encounter with the enemy Covenant forces.

Jackson and Walsh are producing the Halo motion picture, to be directed by Neill Blomkamp, under their WingNut Films banner for Universal Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

if there's one thing we need, it's more videogames based on movies
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I don't know if you saw the event, but it sounds more like "interactive movies"... it'll be something we haven't seen before, it'll be innovative.
PJ even said it may not appeal to gamers.

it's hard not to get excited about it when you take a look at the people involved, plud the franchise they are starting with.

it's so early even they don't know what they are doing, but I bet it'll be awesome.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

interactive movies? haven't seen before?

night trap anyone?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

there's a world of possibilities mate, you can bet they are thinking beyond night trap.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

you're a worse fanboy than i am
OH WOW INTERACTIVE MOVIES THINK THE POSSIBILITIES

i'm not sure which is worse, the "paying for potential" line or that you're serious about 'interactive movies' being innovative
welcome to 1995 and the world of CD-ROM
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

look, just buy a 360 mate, join us!
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

oh i probably will in the end
but interactive movies are not what i'll be playing
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

you're a worse fanboy than i am
You only play Nintendo systems. No one is worse than you.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

:roll:

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Interactive movies rock!

Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)