Southpark does World of Warcraft

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Twiztid Elf wrote: The South Park guys have generally been positive about anything to do with games. Dreamcast, PSP, Xbox. Why would this be different?
And WoW certainly got treated fairly.

Very funny episode and I'd think Blizz had a hand in some of the art and animations too.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

"but i don't have a world of warcraft account, i have a life!"
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

My favourite part was after they put all that effort into killing that guy they were like "What do we do now?" "Now we can start playing the game!" - theres a lot of truth in that :)
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

But are all WoWer's like that, or are they only picking on the addicted ones? If they are going to do a story on the WoW fan, they should also choose people who do have a life as well as play the game to show a bit of balance.

Don't want to stereotype all players now..

I think maybe in 5 years time they will go back to normal and it gets boring so they move on. Just because something is addictive doesn't necessarily mean it will maintain interest forever. All games eventually die off. MMORPGs = just an extension to the DnD dice rolling games, when bored nerds would play 8 hours straight and meet up at each other's house to clear dungeon and 'become' the character they created for a weekend. The main difference is really that there is always someone playing the game thanks to online gaming. Ordinarily you can only play when others are available. If anything you may as well blame the whole concept of online gaming itself more than MMORPGs specifically. Because the addiction to play non-stop could just as well be from a FPS or adventure game with a constant stream of unlimited number of levels generated randomly, or by people paid to make new content to keep people interested and never letting them finish. It shouldn't just be limited to MMORPGs only.

But as usual this is probably just a stunt to make gamers in general seem nerdy and 'scary' to parents as usual. Yes there are those whose lives are destroyed, but also show those who have control too.. (remember all the scaremongering about lightgun games making murderers out of kids? Same thing here) At least the parent does look like she cares and wants to do something about it though..(she is actually going to pull the plug on the machine right....er right?)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I really think the episode was aimed at gamers and moreso particularly WoW players.There were so many ingame jokes and animations in that episode that you'd really have to have some idea of the game and language to really enjoy the episode.

I know I laughed harder for actually experiencing the world they portrayed because I was familiar with so much of it...same for my wife.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

haha, golden episode
love it how he gets down on one knee to pass on the flash drive. and how stan's dad 'embraces' it and raises it in the air
lol @ cartman wildy spaying poo out of his chair