x-link 360 gaming lounge

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Timbo

x-link 360 gaming lounge

Post by Timbo »

So I'm on my way home from gym the other day, and I see a sign advertising this on the side of the road.

Check this shit out!

It's at Erina on the Central Coast. I think I might just be checking this place out in the near future!

Could be a good place for a games sesh sydneysiders!
Jizz & Gamm0r, I'm looking at yu0!!!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

A similar place just opened up near me at miranda, I'm not sure if it's called xlink, but it's the same they have a huge network of xbox1 and 360's with samsung lcd's tvs. You can organise lan parties etc.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

A few of these popping up now. The first one that I was aware of was boxxdin at Castle Hill.... they have since relocated to Baulkham Hills (larger space, and I would imagine lower rent).

I haven't been there yet, even though I drive past it every day on my way home from work. Would be good fun, and is pretty good value all things considered.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Sounds good Timbo! I'm just about up for another massive session, I've got four hectic weeks of Uni left then it's clear sailing for three months. I might try and get something organised at my place too, there's plenty of room and we've got the BBQ cranking now. It's high time the cabanossi made a glorious return.
MCWrang
XBL ID: MCWrang
Steam ID: MCWrang

Post by MCWrang »

lestat wrote:A similar place just opened up near me at miranda, I'm not sure if it's called xlink, but it's the same they have a huge network of xbox1 and 360's with samsung lcd's tvs. You can organise lan parties etc.
That would be Game On...also...i designed their logo :wink:
pubba
DDR Athlete

Post by pubba »

I wonder if this would be a profitable business? The displays could be hired I suppose. That would be the biggest cost to set one of these places up..

Hmm....
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

pubba wrote:I wonder if this would be a profitable business? The displays could be hired I suppose. That would be the biggest cost to set one of these places up..

Hmm....
The displays would be bought in bulk for stupidly cheap prices. HD CRTs as well further bringing down the cost as well as increasing the longevity of the displays (LCD backlights start to fade after a while).

That being said, hourly chumps don't make the money. It's like laser tag. You don't make fuck all on the hour-to-hour stuff but you rake it in on the parties.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

This sounds like a good idea, but as Gamm0r said the inability to cook cabanossi will make it difficult to enjoy the day completely
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I'm gonna actually go and have a go tonight. (wife and kids are away) This could be a good way to hose down my want (nay, need) to purchase and xbox360 and a new telly.

Impressions forthcoming!!!