MGS and ZOE HD Remakes - PS3 and 360

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat
The Fury

Re: MGS and ZOE HD Remakes - PS3 and 360

Post by Pat »

I found the latter third of RE4 to be more in touch with the series' origins than its given credit for. The Ashley solo section, the regenerators, "It" and the two main boss fights were pure RE2/RECV style.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What puts MGS3 over the top for me is the same thing that always did - the story. Best ending ever.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Pat wrote:I found the latter third of RE4 to be more in touch with the series' origins than its given credit for.
That still leaves 2/3's of arcadeyness.

LOOK AT MY WAREZ FFS!
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

YOUR RIGHT HAND COMES OFF?!

In any case it's academic - both games are so fucking qualerty its not funny. If I was told those were the only two games I was allowed to play, I would not complain. Both have so much to do, and allow for you to fuck around and subvert the gameplay.

More on topic re: MGS3, I love how detailed the world was for things like acquiring medication/food and the survival side of things. It encouraged patient play but allowed you to dig yourself out of holes with excellent action controls. I just loved the rhythm of the game.
* Enter new area
* Slowly scope it out, with binoculars and active sonar
* Deal with wildlife/trap them
* Interrogate and capture enemy soldiers
* Manage camo and injuries when you fuck up
* Disable enemy food stores and armouries

It has the best gameplay and story of the whole MGS series, by an order of magnitude.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Don't forget about The End, save game, forget about game, load it up 1yr later and The End has died of old age. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

The End is amazing. Kill him on the docks. Kill him with the clock cheat. Or fight him in an hour long battle of attrition which can go one of two ways: you sneak up on him and hold him hostage, or he sneaks up on you and you wind up in a cell with flashbacks of Guy Savage.